“6 Stars! Cannot rave enough about this wonderful establishment!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Florence
La Dimora del Centro
Ranked #328 of 660 Florence B&B and Inns
Los Angeles, California
“6 Stars! Cannot rave enough about this wonderful establishment!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2012

We were referred by friends to this B&B...by the time we booked our two nights, they only had 1 night in one location and 1 night in the other location (there are two locations, on opposite sides of Piazza della Republica, each with about 6 rooms--one is La Dimora del Centro and the other, La Dimora degli Angeli. There may be separate Trip Advisor listings for each, but because we stayed in both, I'm wrapping my review into one...) available. Because our friends had so highly recommended this place, we were willing to switch rooms for our second night. From before we met face to face, the service was above and beyond...

Partially my fault, we realized at 7pm Monday evening (the day of check-in) that we were to arrive by 7:30pm, as reception closes. We raced down from Piazzale Michelangelo, using google maps as our guide. Unfortunately, apparently several one-way streets were recently reversed, and not yet picked up by google, so we had a very difficult time getting there. Once in the vicinity of Piazza della Republica, I got out of the car to try to find the place (I had also emailed urgently telling them we were on our way--it was a little difficult since we only had a wireless hot spot and no cell phone). Finally, after running around, I had the Hard Rock Cafe call for me, and the lovely woman (whose name escapes me--Silvia??) came to get me (it was about 7:30pm at this point). She guided us to where we could leave our car (for the garage valet to pick up), and then took us over to our room at the far end of Piazza della Republica to La Dimora del Centro--we were in the Caterina room (which had a king-size bed), and it couldn't have been more lovely! Amazing sweeping views of the piazza and the Duomo (we fell asleep with a gorgeous view of the Duomo!)...simply gorgeous, and the room was done very nicely.

Unfortunately, my boyfriend fell ill in the middle of that first night, and it was bad enough that we felt we needed to call a doctor. Barely speaking the language and not knowing how to dial out, I finally called Claudio (the owner) and he called a doctor for us, who arrived within the hour. My boyfriend ended up being fine (high fever, chills, but quickly recovered, though we were glad we had called the doctor--we really feel we dodged a bullet though!), but needed a day of rest (we both did, as we'd each only gotten a few hours of sleep)...I was worried at this point about changing rooms, because he, especially, just needed to sleep, and I didn't want to have to have the gap between checking out of the first room & waiting for the second room to be ready. Claudio to the rescue again! He was able to have our second room, Beatrice, at La Dimora degli Angeli, cleaned and ready for us early, so we had a seamless transition. He was so kind and understanding of our situation (especially after being woken at 4am!!)...he even offered to go out and get our breakfast/lunch (from the cafe they offer breakfast tickets to), because he could tell that neither one of us was in any condition to go out again.

We ended up sleeping most of the day, which was SO comfortable--we loved our second room more than the first (though there was no direct Duomo view from the bed, but if you looked out the window to the right, there it was!), but for both, the room temperatures, the beds, and linens were ridiculously comfortable, and both the bedrooms and bathrooms were decorated very tastefully--overall one of my favorite places we stayed over the trip, and I think we ended up staying in about 5 different places!

Though our stay had some unexpected turns, we were thoroughly pleased with this B&B, from the location & room decor, to the compassion and graciousness we were shown throughout. Claudio & his team went above and beyond any expectations, and we were just really blown away by their kindness & accommodation. We will stay here again for sure on our next visit to Firenze, and we will absolutely recommend this place to anyone who will listen!! Just be sure to book in advance, because I have a feeling they book up quickly!

Room Tip: Caterina was beautiful, but I have a feeling from the photos I've seen, and after staying a nigh...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MagsSoCal

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Castlemaine, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2012

Excellent location in the Piazza della Republica. Newly refurbished and decorated rooms. The girl on duty when we arrived was really helpful, guiding us through the one way system in our hire car, which narrowly avoided a divorce. She then was very thorough advising us of the facilities available in the accommodation and the sights of the city. One unexpected feature was the "common area": a room with seats, a sink, cutlery, crockery and glasses. Plus, a coffee machine, tea bags, sweets, biscotti and other goodies. This could easily have been turned into a money making guest room, but instead provided an invaluable guest facility.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Johannesburg, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

We spent 3 nights at La Dimora del Centro in Florence. It is a really lovely place to stay, ideally located a few minutes from the Uffizi Gallery and the Duomo in Florence. We really enjoyed our stay there.

We were in the Room Costanza. It's nicely decorated, and extremely comfortable. The bedroom is a good size, with a great bathroom and a small table and chair. We chose a room without a view of the Repubblica Square, as it was slightly less expensive, and I feel that we didn't miss much. You're not likely to spend that much time in your room anyway!

The room is very quiet, and no noise from the restaurants comes up, so sleep quality is excellent.

The B&B has a tea room with tea / coffee / biscotti available (no charge) all day. We really enjoyed popping in for a cup of tea whenever we were close by, to warm up, in the chilly weather.

The check-in is about 1 minute away from the B&B at the sister hotel, La Dimora d'Angeli. We had a bit of trouble locating it, so make sure you find out exactly where it is before you go to Florence. Eventually a local chap offered to help us find it - and we would have wondered around the square hunting for ages if he hadn't!

I would highly recommend staying here if you are spending time in Florence.

The only negative I have, is that if you open the windows of the room, you get a very strong food / gas smell from time to time when the restaurants below are cooking. It can be a bit unpleasant. however, it didn't worry us that much.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SH27380
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

We stayed at La Dimora del Centro for 2 nights last summer. The location is central to everything you'd want to see and do. It was also really quiet given it's location. The room was really nice with quality furnishings and fixtures. We really enjoyed the lady that worked the first desk....I can't remember her name but she was really sweet.

They don't serve a breakfast per se...they give you tickets to cafes near by. This was fine by us. It meant that we weren't on a schedule.

We really enjoyed our stay and would recommend it to friends and family traveling to Florence.

Room Tip: We booked the Costanza room which was nice.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Loughborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2012

This was a birthday surprise for my boyfriend so I wanted everything to be just right. Arrived on a Wednesday.evening and was greeted by staff who were very welcoming. She could not have been more helpful. We were given maps and told about local sites to see, places to eat and general points of interest, local knowledge is such a key thing in a beautiful city like Florence. We were shown our room (The Agnese) and given the keys and other informaton about the room. Our room was spectacular. The most amazing view of the Piazza della Republica with the Duomo to the right and the archway to the left. Beautifully decorated room, clean and the overall standard was high. There was an area in the B&B for refreshments, biscotti and a place to sit other than your room. This was so lovely and the biscotti were irresistable! If you are worried about the noise....dont be! The windows were sound proofed and there was hardly any noise from the square despite it being a very busy city that never sleeps. The location of this hotel is just amazing, central to everything. Can't wait to book my next trip and I'm sure i'll be booking another visit to the La Dimora del Centro.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jen_Patel
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2012

It may be that the noise insulation differs from one room to the next, but in the room I was in, Agnesi, the double glazing was extraordinarily effective. In fact, everything about my stay was perfect. This was my third visit to Florence in three years and La Dimora was easily the best place I have stayed in - and the least expensive.

The reassurance of being able to contact Claudio and Roberta at any time was one of the key features, but the quality of every aspect of the place was a real treat.

Thanks go to Claudio and Roberta for their advice and help.

Highly recommended

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2012

The location is both central and convenient, the view is fabulous for people watching, the room is lovely and Roberta is a perfect host. BUT...

On the opposite side of the piazza is a bar that blasts DJ chatter and vintage rock out to the entire piazza. Even with the windows closed and the A/C on, it sounds like the speakers are right there in the room with you. But don't worry, it stops around 2:30 am. That's when you will be able to get to sleep. :>(

I read on the review of the sister BandB, Angeli, that they had put in soundproof windows. As soon as I find out that they have done that here, I will change my review from 2 stars to 5. Until then, sorry, I can neither recommend this location, nor stay there again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Robert H
MargheritaFirenze, Proprietario at La Dimora del Centro, responded to this review, 21 April 2012
Thank you for your review that makes us feel more secure about changing the old windows with new ones that are the best in commerce about sound proof.
We put the new windows on February 14th 2012 and after that date our guests didn’t complain for the noise in the square. So,we will be very happy to have you back here at our B&B and sorry again for your discomfort.
Best regards