“Still thinking about this dream spot!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Florence
La Dimora del Centro
Ranked #341 of 675 Florence B&B and Inns
PEI
“Still thinking about this dream spot!”
Reviewed 20 September 2012

I stayed at this beautiful property in December 2010. I booked the B&B after spending hours on TA and was very happy with it.

It was my first trip overseas and this was my accommodations for the first night…aka jet lag. To top things off, I was stranded in Frankfurt Airport for hours, and had to contact the staff at La Dimora del Centro multiple time to update them with my ETA. In the end, I arrived at 1:30 am, 13 hours later than intended. Despite all that, the staff couldn’t have been nicer. They quickly showed me around, and said that we could deal with check-in in the morning, so I could get some sleep…and I slept like a log, despite the jet lag. The next morning, the staff allowed me a later checkout time so that I could rest. Once I was up, I had great shower in the lovely bathroom, a quick coffee and then walked less than 5 minutes to meet my friends at the Uffizi museum. I was able to leave my luggage at the B&B while I did some sightseeing and picked it up later in the day.

The next time I visit Florence, I will be staying here.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank PEIgirl13

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 26 July 2012

There is very much positive to say about La Dimora del Centro but I will knock off the 3 negatives that my group experienced first.

The individual who checked us in was the only rude person we met in a 16 day vacation to Italy ---all other hotel and restaurant staff throughout Italy were terrific. She checked us in and was obviously in a hurry to get rid of us. The check in is in at a different location than the B&B and one has to bring luggage there before going onto the actual B&B. She didn't even hold the doors open for us to get our luggage out (I swear) but raced down the street well ahead of us! When we got to the actual B&B, when one of asked a question, she wouldn't answer and said she already had explained this and her general tone was shocking, especially for what we were paying per night. Two of us had no idea how to actually open the door nor could we watch the news on TV. PLEASE, give this person some training!

The second negative was that areas of the stairwell had no lights at all and were dangerously pitch black even during the day. Other sections required you to feel for the switch to get some light. Finally, WIFI was not available which was a big issue for my group.

That being said, the location is terrific--right on the Piazza della Republica and the window glass controls the noise really well. The rooms and public spaces are beautifully decorated and the website pictures clearly show this. The property has obviously been recently renovated and it is very new and fresh. The air conditioning in the room is good (but the public areas have no air and are not too useful during the summer).

Breakfast is a 5-10 minute walk away at a cafe where one presents vouchers. This is a little inconvenient but the pastry was fine.

Room Tip: The website clearly and accurately describes the rooms. The less expensive do not have views and are...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank NJB1165
Bowral, Australia
Reviewed 26 July 2012

This B&B is located perfectly with rooms looking over the Piazza Republica. The rooms are very nicely decorated and there is a great common room with tea/coffee making facilities and biscuits. A very nice breakfast was served at a nearby cafe - consisting of 2 pastries, juice and coffee. Staff were very helpful and friendly and we would be pleased to stay here again.

work
Reviewed 21 July 2012

I found this on TA and we couldn't have been more pleased. Lovely romantic room overlooking Piazza Repubblica. Perfect location and reasonably priced.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Queenstown, New Zealand
Reviewed 4 July 2012

Perfectly located overlooking the main piazza of Florence, the hotel is well appointed, clean comfortable and very quiet. The rooms are large with nice ensuite, and the beds comfortable. The hotel has a common room with tea/coffee making facilities, fruit juice and freshly made biscotti that is the best I have ever tasted! We were greeted by staff that are delightful and extremely helpful. Don't be put off by the breakfast coupons - the local bakery/restaurant that you use them at is awesome, and you have a choice on what you can have. The food and coffee is fantastic. We will return to Florence, and we will again stay here.

1 Thank JockPrivateGuide
Marietta, Georgia
Reviewed 27 June 2012

This B&B was quite a surprise. It's located right on the main square of Florence and is decorated in such a pretty and comfy way. My wife just loved the purple room we had. The hotel staff was very nice and spoke great English. All the sights in Florence are less than a 10 minutes walk from the room. The breakfast coupons to the local shop were great. The food was really good and filled you up. I highly recommend getting a rate that includes the breakfast. There was also a common room in the hotel that had fruit, coffee and tea all day when you wanted it. All the rooms had a mini bar where you could keep items cold. When we return to Florence I will be staying here again as this was a great hotel.

Room Tip: Book the Purple room.
1 Thank kmonstrola
San Jose, CA
Reviewed 24 May 2012

Found this on TA and we were not disappointed. The owner, Claudio is absolutely charming and couldnt be more helpful. The room was beautiful, view from the room down on the Plaza was great. Breakfast at either of the two bakeries was great. There is a "tea/coffee room" where you can make your own tea or coffee before heading out in the morning (or in the afternoon upon return). That worked out perfectly for us- we then got dressed and organized and stopped by the bakery on our way to our activity. The hotel is right in the center of town so you can walk to everything.

As others have noted, the Plaza is alive at night with musicians (which I didn't mind) and speakers blasting DJs and disco (which I did).

It looks like they are adding sound proof windows which should rectify this problem. Bring your earplugs as you should anywhere in the cities as people are out enjoying life until late.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends