“Amazing Experience”
Review of Il Salviatino

Il Salviatino
Ranked #89 of 411 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 26 May 2011

I've never wrote a review before but I feel I have to thank Il Salviatino for the amazing experience I had during my stay. Everything was perfect !!! I will definitely go back next year. The only bad thing is that we stayed 3 nights, next time I will book 5.
Also I have to say that it stayed in many luxury hotels during my trip but this was the only one that had internet wi-fi for free everywhere.

2  Thank Martina_Marin
There are newer reviews for Il Salviatino

Reviewed 25 May 2011

Hotel Il Salviatino is the most wonderful place in Italy - the heart of Tuscany.
Excellent interior, full of wonderful atmosphere. An ideal place for people with sophisticated gusto. The staff is one of the best in the World! It is characterized by politeness, kindness and cordiality. The views from the terrace of the hotel are the quintessence of this hotel's class! From the terrace you can see the entire panorama of Florence. Furthermore, cuisine is exquisite!
Our 4 day stay was a great moment of relaxation!
We would like to thank the whole staff from Il Salviatino for a wonderful time!
Monika & Przemek from Cracow

3  Thank PrzemOriginal
Reviewed 23 May 2011

I've stayed in more than 1000 hotels around the world as a journalist, but this tops them all. The service, the quality, the food, the room - everything was top notch. It was more expensive than the hotel I stayed previous week but the price difference is well worth it. I just wished that we can stay longer.

They take care of you in every possible way to ensure great stay. it's located 15 min away but the distance is not an issue since they will take you to downtown via shuttle. It's actually more convenient this way then staying right in downtown Florence.

2  Thank busytravelerbusiness
Reviewed 6 May 2011

Possibly the most stunning hotel I have stayed in and with service to match!!

This was a great experience from the minute we arrived to the minute we, regrettably, had to leave.

We were welcomed by a team of staff who took care of our luggage and arranged welcome drinks followed by a tour of the house.

We were very lucky to be allocated one of the best rooms in the hotel – top floor at the front of the hotel. We had the amazing view over Florence and a bathroom I could have happily lived in - we even had a view of Florence from the bath!!!

We had dinner at the hotel which was of a very high standard (Michelin star quality) – apart from the cod which was very overcooked and rubbery, that was a shame as everything else was cooked to perfection.

Breakfast was also heavenly and probably the best eggs benedict I’ve had – and I’ve had a lot!!!

I also had one of the best massages of my life from a very lovely and highly experienced Thai lady – I changed my appointment from 60 minutes to 90 minutes as I didn’t want it to end!!!!

This hotel clearly strives for perfection in everything it does and I would say on the whole it reaches that level.

I know there’s no such official classification but I would definitely rate Il Salviatino as a 6 star hotel and can’t recommend a stay here more highly. I certainly hope to make a return visit.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ryanpa_UK
Reviewed 5 May 2011

I don't often write reviews, but this hotel deserves one. My girlfriend and I stopped off here on the way to Rome for 2 nights. It turns out, it was the highlight of our entire Italy trip! Granted the building is amazing, the rooms are lovely but most of all the staff are amazing. I've stayed in a lot of hotels across the world, but never come across this type of service anywhere. We missed the last shuttle to the city on our departure and they were kind enough to pay for a taxi to drop us off in the city. The little things like leaving goodbye sweets and water when you leave in the cab, really left a lasting memory. This place literally worth every penny, they don't have sneaky charges like most 5 star hotels which is a refreshing change. Expect to be surprised on a regular basis on their overall generosity too. If I worked for a hotel like this, I would be proud to be part of the team. Thank you everyone, looking forward to my return very soon.
Rav

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank vllmix
Reviewed 3 May 2011

Many experiences are shaped by expectations and I had high hopes for a perfect stay here. It was Andrew Harper Hideaway of the year and Ingadare just gave excellent review. I was expecting more. Beautiful villa. Lovely views. Excellent massages in spa. All food was good. We had 2 rooms. One very small but with Dome view. Junior Suite was large but sitting area very overcrowded with oversized contemporary furniture that seems incongruous with style of villa. Not comfortable use of space. Bedroom in contrast sparsely furnished (only a bed and 2 tiny bedside tables) and dark- only 2 bedside lamps. One of the lamps was not working. (The guest ambassador told us at check in that they couldn't figure out how to fix it. Had to call and ask for a floor lamp for room so we could see in luggage.) No art work or accessories in our rooms. Small tray with nepresso machine and a second with some drinks and snacks. Ice bucket never filled. Many public rooms all filled with square tables & table cloths but no food service there- had to wind down into the basement part of the hotel for restaurant. Wanted quick casual meal one night but didn't meet dress code. They seemed confounded and could only think to offer room service. Had to ask if we could have room service in the bar or in one of the empty lounge rooms. Staff all very friendly but service not at the high standards that I had expected given the hype. "Service ambassador" concept here did not add to the quality of the experience as it had at for example, Singita. I recommend but not unequivocally.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 May 2011

This hotel is the best hotel we have ever stayed in with the best service we have ever experienced to match. We arrived up a wonderful winding driveway and was greeted by our ambassadors and offered a glass of rose prosecco or water. we opted for the rose prosecco which proceeded to make my drink of choice for the rest of the 3 nights. As soon as you arrive you know you are going to experience something special and it does not fail you!. The Villa is stunning and you are carefully guided through the Villa by your ambassador to the terrace to wait for your room to be ready. No problem the view is amazing and so beautiful that you dont even care. The staff constantly make sure you are cared for and if you need any more drinks or anything else without being too intrusive. they know when to ask and how many times. Then you are taken to your room , another amazing find, everything is beautiful. ! You wander around the hotel greeted by all staff the whole way round and they offer to walk with you to various places if you so wish. No many english channels on the telly but no bother movies are free. we were a little hesitant at first re not being able to see any prices so we asked to see the bar drinks menu just so we could keep a track of spending as it is easy in this place to spend some money, but i never felt like it wasnt worth it here. Shuttle into town also perfect and a well oiled machine and you will be greeted each time by the staff upon your return. Breakfast is another amazing experience, you get a little pre breakfast foodie gift from chef, our first one was a chocolate mousse,, mmm then toast and pastry basket then you can choose whatever breakfast you want. we had to ask as our reservation said american but you can have anything. we didnt need lunch after put it that way. we headed into town one day and changed our minds to come back for the car for a drive and the ambassadors must have thought something was wrong as they asked if everything was okay. They really really do want you to have the best experience here and it shows. We went out the next day raining on way back and was greeted by the staff and umbrellas to keep us dry . We had another drink and was greeted by drink plus day nibbles to go with them fab as always. Then we were having our anniversary dinner in the hotel the last night. We went down for a drink before hand and again with drink came dinner nibbles ! . Down to the lovely dinner room. Again chef special delivered prior to meal, then a whole host of bread sticks and bread, at which point the bread sticks got refilled and my husband hadnt even noticed them replace as service was so swift. Okay at dinner they ran out of the rose prosecco which was a bit of a shame but i had the normal prosecco instead which was equally as nice. An ambassador came over to say hi to us over dinner and asked if we were having a nice time and i said yes it was our anniversary and it was a very special evening. After dessert and another chef special we left the room where the manager and another staff member said they didnt know it was our anniversary but asked if everything was okay. Of course it was. Back to the room and there is a note with a bottle of prosecco and two glasses for us courtesy of the hotel. We headed home the next morning and me with a heavy heart. I have already asked my husband to take me back. Florence was lovely but this hotel made the trip ai can honestly say is the best hotel i have ever stayed in with the best service. I love it. We wasnt sure about tipping so gave money at the end and we was told it all goes into a pot and is shared by all staff. This is long i know but i could go on about this hotel i love it so much.

Room Tip: any room is good.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Florence
Ville sull'Arno Hotel
Duomo
Hotel Savoy
Hotel Savoy
#26 of 411 in Florence

Been to Il Salviatino? Share your experiences!