“A true oasis in the tuscan foothills”
Review of Il Salviatino

Il Salviatino
Ranked #74 of 410 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 3 June 2011

Everything from the grounds to the hotel to the staff themselves was magnificent. There is little to want for at this property. Having stayed at some of the most incredible hotels in the world i don't impress easily or often but Il Salviatino is without a doubt an exception. The entire hotel is a renovated 13th century villa surrounded by cypress trees and countryside with a view of Florence rivaling that on top of the Duomo. This place is easily one of the most romantic and relaxing properties i have had the opportunity to stay at.

Room Tip: city view rooms a must have
  • Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank ksellers_11

Reviewed 1 June 2011

We have traveled to Italy several and by far this is one of our favorite hotels with large very comfortable beds and spacious baths.  We were pleasantly surprised when we arrived at this villa with a very old world feel and all the modern amenity...    What really sets them apart they seemed very excited and eager to help in every way possible.
We will definitely by back...

• Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank Esteveo
Reviewed 26 May 2011

I've never wrote a review before but I feel I have to thank Il Salviatino for the amazing experience I had during my stay. Everything was perfect !!! I will definitely go back next year. The only bad thing is that we stayed 3 nights, next time I will book 5.
Also I have to say that it stayed in many luxury hotels during my trip but this was the only one that had internet wi-fi for free everywhere.

2  Thank Martina_Marin
Reviewed 25 May 2011

Hotel Il Salviatino is the most wonderful place in Italy - the heart of Tuscany.
Excellent interior, full of wonderful atmosphere. An ideal place for people with sophisticated gusto. The staff is one of the best in the World! It is characterized by politeness, kindness and cordiality. The views from the terrace of the hotel are the quintessence of this hotel's class! From the terrace you can see the entire panorama of Florence. Furthermore, cuisine is exquisite!
Our 4 day stay was a great moment of relaxation!
We would like to thank the whole staff from Il Salviatino for a wonderful time!
Monika & Przemek from Cracow

3  Thank PrzemOriginal
Reviewed 23 May 2011

I've stayed in more than 1000 hotels around the world as a journalist, but this tops them all. The service, the quality, the food, the room - everything was top notch. It was more expensive than the hotel I stayed previous week but the price difference is well worth it. I just wished that we can stay longer.

They take care of you in every possible way to ensure great stay. it's located 15 min away but the distance is not an issue since they will take you to downtown via shuttle. It's actually more convenient this way then staying right in downtown Florence.

2  Thank busytravelerbusiness
Reviewed 6 May 2011

Possibly the most stunning hotel I have stayed in and with service to match!!

This was a great experience from the minute we arrived to the minute we, regrettably, had to leave.

We were welcomed by a team of staff who took care of our luggage and arranged welcome drinks followed by a tour of the house.

We were very lucky to be allocated one of the best rooms in the hotel – top floor at the front of the hotel. We had the amazing view over Florence and a bathroom I could have happily lived in - we even had a view of Florence from the bath!!!

We had dinner at the hotel which was of a very high standard (Michelin star quality) – apart from the cod which was very overcooked and rubbery, that was a shame as everything else was cooked to perfection.

Breakfast was also heavenly and probably the best eggs benedict I’ve had – and I’ve had a lot!!!

I also had one of the best massages of my life from a very lovely and highly experienced Thai lady – I changed my appointment from 60 minutes to 90 minutes as I didn’t want it to end!!!!

This hotel clearly strives for perfection in everything it does and I would say on the whole it reaches that level.

I know there’s no such official classification but I would definitely rate Il Salviatino as a 6 star hotel and can’t recommend a stay here more highly. I certainly hope to make a return visit.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ryanpa_UK
Reviewed 5 May 2011

I don't often write reviews, but this hotel deserves one. My girlfriend and I stopped off here on the way to Rome for 2 nights. It turns out, it was the highlight of our entire Italy trip! Granted the building is amazing, the rooms are lovely but most of all the staff are amazing. I've stayed in a lot of hotels across the world, but never come across this type of service anywhere. We missed the last shuttle to the city on our departure and they were kind enough to pay for a taxi to drop us off in the city. The little things like leaving goodbye sweets and water when you leave in the cab, really left a lasting memory. This place literally worth every penny, they don't have sneaky charges like most 5 star hotels which is a refreshing change. Expect to be surprised on a regular basis on their overall generosity too. If I worked for a hotel like this, I would be proud to be part of the team. Thank you everyone, looking forward to my return very soon.
Rav

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank vllmix
Also consider these accommodations in or near Florence
Ville sull'Arno Hotel
Duomo
Hotel Savoy
Hotel Savoy
#27 of 410 in Florence

Been to Il Salviatino? Share your experiences!