“Once you enter Il Salviatino.. you will never want to leave...”
Review of Il Salviatino

Il Salviatino
Ranked #84 of 410 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 25 January 2012

Stayed in Il Salviatino for 4 nights on bussiness trip and whilst some meetings were taking place there at the same time and I must say that it has been amazing I find it very hard to find another place that can equal Il Salviatino.

Located in a place with privileged view where you can enjoy the amazing view of Firenze city or the forrest depending onthe room you are staying; the building itself and the interior are just stunning!

Every single dertail is taken care of in Il Salviatino, from the moment so step out of the car/Taxi and enter this amazing place.

The staff are extremely friendly and attentive, anything you may need they will be ready to assist you with promptines and always with kindness and a smile on their face making you feel incredibly welcome and at home during all your stay. Service Ambassador is fabulous, having a dedicated person available all times for anything you may need during your stay.

A special mention to Cristiano Brizzi which incredibly helpful not only during my stay in the hotel but also assisting during the event taking place there durind the same period of time.

Breakfast menu and food was great in Il Salviatino, and as usual lovely and very professional staff going always the extra mile to make sure you were happy and all your requirements were met.

In summary, Il salviatino is a very magical place, located in an amazing location with beautifully decorated spaces and rooms and always very professional, efficient, friendly and attentive staff who will do all their outmost to make you feel very welcome and at home. No matter how high your expectations can be,,they will be certainly exceeded.

No matter how much I could write about it , it is a place to be experienced!...Il Salviatino is a place you will fall in love with..

Coming back to Il Salviatino??? No doubt about it! I definitely will!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank MarisaRV

Reviewed 5 January 2012

What can I say that hasn't already been said?

Not a great deal! The hotel itself was absolutely stunning with incredible views, amazing architecture and wonderful surroundings.

The food was what I would call nearly Michelin star quality but was just missing some tiny elements to make it perfect (e.g. I ordered a brandy after a delicious meal and they didn't warm it up). That said, the breakfasts - my god the breakfasts - I could have stayed there all day! Sitting outside looking down into Florence with the most sumptuous pastries and amazing dishes - nothing was too much trouble. Overall, the food was expensive, but no more so than you would expect in a hotel of this quality (although £11 quid for a pot of tea was a bit steep!).

The staff were flawlessly polite throughout our stay and very eager to help and for the most part were brilliant. They did have a little trouble with one or two of our requests which was something of a surprise (the concierge couldn't organise some tickets for us, so we had to trudge across town to get them). I'm being a little harsh here, but when paying this sort of cash, I expect a lot in return (and usually get it at other 5* places).

The regular shuttle service into town was great and the drivers were friendly, helpful and polite - if you miss the shuttle, expect to pay about 20 euros to get to/from town.

In summary, I would have no hesitation in staying there again - in fact I really hope we get to. It was a magical place and if your budget stretches this far, get it booked!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank scravid
Reviewed 28 December 2011

My husband and I just left Il Salviatino this morning and I feel compelled to share our amazing experience with anyone who will listen! This hotel takes your breath away when you drive up the winding drive to the grand building and walk in to see the soaring painted ceilings. The "service ambassadors" and the restaurant staff speak flawless english and went out of their way to make sure our every need was met. We had tea and coffee served in silver teapots in the library everyday with delicious pastries. Breakfast every morning was lovely and whatever you desired was served along with flaky croissants, brioche and yummy custard filled pastries. Our room was quite large and charming with large windows that overlooked the gardens. Il Salviatino is a magical place and was beyond my wildest expectations. We will be back!! Thank you to everyone who made our trip to Florence so special.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank bonnevie100
Reviewed 22 December 2011

we enjoyed our 2 days in the hotel and found the staff helpful and friendly. The room seemed incomplete and required some additional furniture.The public areas were fine. When we went to the restaurant whilst it was raining we had to exit the hotel and walk around. The property is about 20 mins plus from the city. It has great views of the city and Dumo

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank globetrottermc
Reviewed 17 December 2011

I have traveled all over the world and stayed in many hotels, whether they were small hotels or chains or luxurious Hotels. This hotel is by far the best place I've stayed.
The staff is so friendly and welcoming and they pamper you to the end. The food at the various restaurants is delicious. Not to mention the serenity and peacefulness of the place. You leave refreshed and truly re-energized.
I would definitely go back again.... hopefully soon

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank michmoch11
Reviewed 16 December 2011

The last time I stayed at Il Salviatino, the hotel was relatively new, and this newness, combined with it being my first experience in Florence and at Il Salviatino, resulted in a magical stay. This time around (in November 2011), I knew what to expect, and I was more familiar with the city of Florence and with Fiesole, where the hotel is located. That said, I again fell under the spell of this wonderful property. The service was even better than I remembered (the staff was attentive to my every need), and the restaurant Grappolo terrific--I just love their pasta and meat dishes. It was almost winter, so the weather was conducive to staying inside. Which I did. I enjoyed treatments at the luxurious spa, spent time by the fire reading and enjoyed specialty drinks at the bar. All in all, I felt spoiled and pampered--and wished I could live like this every day of my life!

Room Tip: I would opt for the rooms overlooking Florence. The view is breathtaking.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Marvyboy
Reviewed 10 December 2011

My wife, baby son and I stayed for about a week in December - I like going to Italy's busier places in the winter as the museums are far emptier. Weather was pretty good, so we were lucky. I found Il Salviatino through Mr and Mrs Smith. It wasn't obviously a baby-friendly place and this was our first trip with him, so we were very pleased. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Our first room was beautiful but full of baby-unfriendly stone steps and we were moved (upgraded) without any fuss. Food is superb and the chef was happy to mix up some plain paste (for us) and blended veg (for him) alongside the excellent menu. I imagine the place gets pretty busy in summer but it was delightful to have much of it to ourselves. Minibuses were suspended but they kindly organised (and paid for) taxis into town. Spa was good, too.
The decor is fine - I don't particularly like the trendy style (Costes, etc) of dark room lighting, ubiquitous mood music and everything drenched in perfume. Here it works, although I'd probably take out about half of the urns of scent in every room. Above all, we were really impressed by the people who were as friendly as they could be. It's clearly designed for adults and they coped well with an inexperienced young family.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank ricepudding21
Also consider these accommodations in or near Florence
Ville sull'Arno Hotel
Duomo
Hotel Savoy
Hotel Savoy
#27 of 410 in Florence

Been to Il Salviatino? Share your experiences!