“Absolutely fantastic, blissful stay”
Review of Il Salviatino

Il Salviatino
Ranked #93 of 412 Hotels in Florence
ireland
“Absolutely fantastic, blissful stay”
Reviewed 4 October 2012

As part of our honeymoon my husband and I stayed here for 2 nights. We were warmly welcomed and given a welcome drink while our bags were taken to our room. Beautiful building, beautiful setting at Fiesole overllooking Florence. We stayed in the Dome View Room and it was amazing. Breakfast and Dinner fantastic. Had a very romantic meal with the sun setting over Florence with the Duomo in the distance. Staff are friendly and very helpful. Truly 5 star experience. Would highly highly recommend. Florence itself can be noisy and thronged with tourists. There is a shuttle service from this hotel in and outof Florence on an hourly basis which is perfect. You get the sanctuary and peace of a 5 star hotel but still get to sight-see. This hotel is fabulous. (And I am picky!!!)

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Slovak first
Gig Harbor, Washington, United States
Reviewed 25 September 2012

An enchanting hotel perched in the hills of Fiesole above the city of Florence with breathtaking views of the city at night. Upon arrival we were greeted by a very warm and welcoming staff who instantly made us feel at ease. Our rooms were beautifully appointed yet retained the historical flavor of the 500 year old villa. The grounds of the hotel, the dining area on the terrace, the candlelit rooms in the evening, all added to the amazing experience that is Il Salviatino. In every respect, a first class resort.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Rancho Santa Fe, California
Reviewed 21 September 2012

Il Salviatino is an amazing 200 year old Villa that was recently transformed into a enchanted 40 room luxury Hotel with spectacular views of Florence which is just 15 minutes away by car to the Duomo or city center. The staff was incredible with service that rivals the Four Seasons Hotel chain, but with more of a personal touch; the manager prepared Belinis for us to sip on in the garden while we took in all of the ambience and the wonderful views of the city and then he escorted us to our roof top suite that included a sitting room with an atrium and a roof top balcony with an adjoining room that had a jacuzzi bathtub, which was candle lit when we returned from a wonderful dinner in the hotel restaurant. A relaxing visit to the spa for a massage was a nice choice after a day of visiting historic churches, Michael Angelo's sculpture of David (a must see), and our shopping experience which was comparable to that in Milan. Arguably one of the nicest hotels in Europe in every way. i highly recommend this amazing Villa - Hotel when visiting Florence!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 September 2012

I stayed at il Salviatino for 2 nights in August - the night before and the night of my wedding. Ahead of the wedding the staff were just amazing: before I had arrived I'd been emailing back and forth as I needed to get bridesmaids dresses/veil steamed and, as it was August, it was pretty tough to find someone to do this but the team had arranged for the dresses to be collected when I checked in and returned before I went to bed that evening. I needed a dress ironed with basically no notice ahead of a drinks reception which they collected and returned within 15 minutes. On the wedding day I needed a full length mirror (odd that my room, in a hotel as good as this, didn't have one really but it's a small gripe) so they got one from another room in half an hour. I can go on! The garden suite I had was simply stunning, just a gorgeous, romantic, light room. The breakfast was delicious and served on the terrace that has an amazing view over Florence. We had lunch too one day, also great but I didn't have dinner there so can't comment on the "main" restaurant food - next time! Nor was I able to use the spa or pool but my husband and I will hopefully return and enjoy more of the facilities! So my wedding requirements were fairly specific but the high level of service would I have no doubt be replicated for tickets/restaurant bookngs, etc, etc. The only criticism I have, and it's not a big one, when we got back from our wedding (at 3am) the room was in the disarray I'd left it in 12 hours earlier when leaving in a hurry to get to the church. Whilst I wouldn't have expected anyone to tidy away my things necessarily I was surprised that the 6 champagne flutes, 6 water glasses, coffee pots etc that my bridesmaids and I had used during the early afternoon were still where we'd left them... As I say, small issue because I was delighted with the hotel overall but coming back to a clean room would have been preferable.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Rancho Santa Fe, California
Reviewed 20 September 2012

My wife and I had the opportunity to stay at Il Salviatino in September 2012. We can easily say it was the best hotel experience we have ever had. We travel extensively and we were so impressed with the facilities and staff. From the moment we arrived and throughout our trip we were treated like royalty. The food was fantastic, the views were breath taking and facility and its storied past made the whole visit magical. There is also such a great value in being in the Italian country side, yet so close to Florence.

Room Tip: Be sure to go to their website and view each room. They are all unique and have a story.
Australia
Reviewed 19 September 2012

Paradise in Fiesole. Let's be honest we initially felt slightly overwhelmed at the magnificence of Il Salviatino. But within moments the staff had served us a Prosseco, offered us a seat on the terrace and invited us to relax whilst our bags were taken to our room and paperwork completed. The next three days were amongst our most relaxing anywhere in Europe. All the staff were very good but a special mention is offered to Lino and Samuele who offered us some wonderful bar service. Rooms from another era but with every luxury. This must be one of Italy's most thoughtful Villa restorations. The public spaces are magnificent. It's easy to lose a few hours reading in the library. As some guests have mentioned the Villa is dark, we found it set at atmosphere. Breakfast on the terrace overlooking Florence offers guests the quintessential Tuscan start to your day. It's so easy to imagine another era. Wonderful pool and my partner enjoyed her best ever massage. The shuttle service is absolutely brilliant. Don't touch your car. Enjoy Florence, then the peace and quiet found in the hills. Expensive, yes but somethings in life are simply worth it.

Room Tip: The more natural light the better
New Jersey
Reviewed 12 September 2012

A magnificent hotel located outside of Florence with a breathtaking view of this beautiful city! More magnificent is the staff. They perform their duties to perfection with warmth, kindness and
humor. Everything about this hotel is wonderful. The villa has been restored to it's original design of over 200 years ago. There is a pool and spa. After spending time in Florence it was a joy to return to the tranquility of this hotel. Complimentary shuttle service is provided to the Duomo every hour on the half hour with the last return at 8:00 p.m.

Room Tip: Try to book a room with view.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Florence
Villa Cora
Santa Maria Novella
Hotel Montebello Splendid
Hotel Montebello Splendid
#77 of 412 in Florence

Been to Il Salviatino? Share your experiences!