Il Salviatino
Ungherese(Florence)
Villa Morghen(Settignano)
Hotel Emma(Florence)
View Hotel
All reviewsservice ambassadordome viewoverlooking florenceglass of proseccocomplimentary shuttleshuttle servicebeautiful hotelterrace overlookingshuttle busrecommend iltuscan hillsour honeymoonmain buildingluxury hotelthe entire staffjunior suitebreakfast is served
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 June 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel and I found myself very well. The hotel is not in the city center but well connected to it thought a free shuttle service. My room was in the main building on the first floor. Room very nice, with arched windows typical of the Tuscany overlooked the garden and vegetation. Everything was very clean. the pool of the hotel, as well as the small spa in this hotel, it's nice but a little 'insignificant for the structure. The restaurant is very nice and also the splendid library with priceless works of literature. Ideal for relaxing outside the busy city! recommended!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 June 2013

My wife and I stayed at this fantastic hotel with stunning views, which was only matched by a stunning hotel, truly beautiful experience. Don't get me wrong we have stayed at better hotels and enjoyed better service and eaten at better hotels, however the overall experience and to be made to feel like a billionaire was hard to match.

Florence it self was OK, not what I expected, I had thought it would be grander and that usual Italian chic, which it simply missed, but I would return just to stay at the hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Garden room, number 5 lovely
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 June 2013

We spent two nights in this excellent hotel which is in a 15th century renaissance villa on a hill outside Florence. The location is stunning with great views on the Tuscan countryside and the city. A free shuttle (that departs every hour) takes the guests to the center of the city.

The service at Il Salviatino is truly five start in every respect. As we were on our honeymoon we got upgraded to a large suite. The staff were very friendly and attentive.

The restaurant makes amazing Tuscan food - we ate there both nights. You should however be warned that the portions are really big and the food is rich. The first night we had three courses and it took us quite a while to recover from the sheer amount of food :)

Parking was very easy on site as was the access to the hotel by car. Driving in the Tuscan countryside is however not something that we would recommend if you have a large car as the roads can get really narrow. However if you have a small car you can really enjoy the breathtaking landscape.

All in all a very memorable stay and a wonderful hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LouCF
Reviewed 1 June 2013

We loved this place - after a fairly pricey trip around Tuscany with many of the places leaving us feeling a bit ripped off - this was a real treat. The grounds are on the hill above Florence which is gorgeous and the rooms are different but classy. We had a room at the front of the house and despite being actually quite small, the view was breathtaking.

We ate in the restaurant in the evening which was pricey, but the food was excellent and the staff lovely. I agree with other reviewers that there are some areas of the hotel that are a little odd - and the restaurant is one of these - down a long strangely carpeted hallway that is littered with huge room diffusers - I think they must continue to have issues with smells. But overall - the service is great, the hotel stylish and the location unbeatable.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank esmerelda81
Reviewed 30 May 2013

Without a doubt one of the most quaint and beautiful places I have had the pleasure of staying at.
Up in the mountain oversiing the beautiful mountains is a sight that will remain with me forever. With a family of 5, the accomodations couldn't have been better. We arrived late at night, and as soon as we pulled up we were greeted by 3 hotel employess. Giancarlo, one of the best and most informative people I have met at any hotel. He showed us everything the hotel had to offer. We were asked if we were hungry or thirsty. They really treated us well. The shuttle is only a 15 minute ride to the center of Florence. Everything we needed was not a problem for the staff at the Il Saviatino. We asked for recommendations for tours as well as food and the staff was spot on. They gave us restaurants that were excellent and not so pricey. We enjoyed every meal. They have great facilities and access to whatever we needed. I would not hesitate to stay there again and hope it is sooner than later. Every morning I woke up opened the windows and took a view of the picturesque mountain side. It was beautiful and a memory that will last forever for all of us.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family