“Amazing Hospitality”

Ranked #87 of 421 Hotels in Florence
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing Hospitality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

I recently had the pleasure of staying at this fine hotel. For three nights on my honeymoon. Words can not describe what a stunning backdrop Florence. Even in October it looked amazing.

Upon arrival we were handed a glass of Prosecco which was most inviting. Nada the host had kindly upgraded our room, which was superb. It included a Jacuzzi bath and a lovely shower and the quite unique feature of mirror embedded with a TV plus another additional bottle of Procecco.

Breakfast was a lovely benefit with fresh fruit, poached egg, a selection of sweet & savoury dishes.

The Chef was amazingly accommodating with some of request as he asked what we would like for dinner so he could get fresh supplies from the local market. The food was a little on the pricey side but to be honest for the guarantee of quality food and brilliant service well worth it.( I shared the florence steak and it was cooked perfectly as you would expect)

There minibus service was extremely handy service

The staff were extremely helpful especially Nada who went the extra mile to always assist us especially as Air Italia had cancelled our flights and there were also local strikes.

All in All this was the perfect romantic mini get away. If you are looking for luxury, relaxing & romance look no further

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Finchley, North London, England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

We stayed here for three nights for our 25 th wedding anniversary. From the moment we arrived the staff made us feel at home...I wish it was our home! Our room and bathroom were luxurious and we were particularly impressed with the TV in the mirror. The hotel gave us a bottle of prosecco and some fruit for our anniversary.
The views from the room and the terrace restaurant over Florence were stunning. Food and drink were expensive it that's to be expected. My husband has made specific instructions regarding his club sandwich and when they were ignored and he complained they were very apologetic and replaced it.
Breakfast was not what you would expect ...a tray with granola, fruit,yoghurt,bread, jam, eggs, ham and cheese. After the first morning we requested poached eggs and did not want certain things which hey were happy to do for us.
Although out of Florence there was a shuttle bus to go into town and back.
The staff were very helpful regarding restaurant reservations and directions.
On our actual anniversary they were happy to swop the bottle of prosecco for a cold one.
Unfortunately the weather was not good enough for us to enjoy the pool area which looked lovely.
While we were there Bulgari was staying in a special garden suite.
I would recommend this hotel if you want to experience a country house feel with attentive service,luxury and beautiful views.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank debbiebreslaw
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

Il Salviatino is a beautiful boutique hotel where the staff are very diligent and make the service that much more personal than staying at any other hotel. We stayed here for our anniversary weekend and were treated to a beautiful suite overlooking the Florence city centre. The views were stunning! The greeting into the hotel was brilliant and the food was very nice. This hotel is perfect for a romantic getaway in a peaceful setting. The only thing that let me down about this hotel (and also the reason I didn't give it an excellent rating) is that the swimming pool is very small and not to the standard that it should be. Other than that, I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who wanted a quite getaway just outside of Florence city centre.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Sao Paulo, SP
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

Just came back from 3 nights at Salviatino. The property is beautiful, a former residence of a walthy local family. Nice view of Florence once is on top of a hill. A little out of town but the van every hour helps a lot. I always look for nice places and rooms, otherwise I prefer to stay home. Therefore, selected the Salviatino suite. Big room, three different levels with small steps, a bathtub, nice mixture of modern and classic decor with a mirror TV. But, there was this terrible smell coming from the bathroom. Maybe the old plummimg but I was so tired from the driving that let it go.complained next morning and by the time I came back from Florence, the room was changed with all my stuff. Breakfast is confused. Good food but lazy service, pls don't get there on rush our, wake up early ! Not enough for a terrible service ? Well, I personally asked the reception to confirm a reservation made in June at L'osteria del Franciscano in Modena, the third best restaurant in the world. My reservation was for Wednesday Oct 16 and we need to confirm up to 1030 am of the day. I requested the night before. Checked out on wednesday, hit the road to Modena, no comments from the recetion at all. When I called the restaurant to let them know that we were 15 minutes late, THE RESERVATION WAS CANCELLED FOR NO CONFIRMATION !!!
Called the hotel and the front desk clerk told me that he couldn't contact the restaurant not last night, not today.....and never let me know. The least to expect from a supposed excellence in service was a simple message or even telling me in my checkout at 9 am, going to Modena only for lunch, stil in time to confirm.....this is a TERRIBLE SERVICE

4 Thank Antonio B
SalviatinoCollection, Manager at Il Salviatino, responded to this review, 14 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Further to your post and your stay at our Hotel, please accept my sincere apologies for the disappointment we caused you with the issues you have mentioned.

Please, be assured that I have personally investigated and proper action has been taken in order to correct the letdown of service as well as avoid any further recurrence of the technical issues.

I greatly value your patronage and I would very much appreciate the opportunity to restore your confidence in Il Salviatino.
I am not happy whatsoever with your justified feedback, and it is especially not acceptable that you are not at all satisfied.

I kindly invite you to contact me personally, in order to give me some more details of the negative incidents that have occurred.

Looking forward to receiving your e-mail, I send you my personal best regards.

Anna Rolla
Operations Manager
Kazan, Russia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

I have chosen this hotel after reading an article by a famous artistic person and actor about Florence when she stayed in Il Salviatino, and her feedback and photos were stunning. Then this hotel appeared to be in the top rating of Trpadvisor and no surprise why!

The hotel has an amazing property - staying on top of the hill, covered with fairy forest, overlooking the whole Florence. The most beautiful property, garden and house I've ever seen in hotels (and we usually stay in the best hotels worldwide). It is a restored Palazzo, with real oil pictures on the walls, wooden floors and unique rooms. With the first glass of Prosecco offered by the hotel and the amazing scent of the air you know that stay in this house will be just perfect as it truly was. The staff of the hotel call it A House, and they really treat everyone not as "hotel guests", but as a sincerely beloved relatives, I have never experienced such a warm and joyful treat from the hotel. Not to mention that we have been complimentary upgraded to the Junior Suite!

Breakfasts are amazing (served per table, not a usual "buffet", each day with some specialties, you can also add to it anything you want for free. Try the restaurant in the evening - the cuisine and service is outstanding, so no wonder that many guest stays in the hotel for the dinner and also try to return to the hotel earlier. For my birthday I had a nice surprise - candle birthday cake for the breakfast, not to mention how tasty it was - this had set the mood for me for the whole day ahead!

The shuttle bus works as a clock:), the driver can make a whole excursion while driving to the city and it is so soothing to return to the serenity of the villa late at night from the mouse city center!

We used all the restaurants and caffe recommendations the hotel has provided us with (Thanks to Lino!), and they were perfect! The hotel even managed to book us a tickets to Uffizi while its official site showed them all out of sale - so we visited the gallery without any lines and hustle!

Whenever I am back to Firenze, it will be only Il Salviatino.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Zlata_solely
Charlwood, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

We stayed for 3 nights for my husband's birthday & were almost scared to believe they hype.....but from the minute we had our welcome glass of prosecco, seated on the veranda looking at the stunning scenery, we knew we were going to love it.
Then we had the treat of being shown to our room, the Alfresco suite, which the hotel had upgraded us to. It was just stunning. It took our breath away (the ceiling alone is worth spending 10 minutes looking at)
The only slight downside, in our opinion, was the restaurant. It's downstairs, & once there it could have been anywhere, as there is no view & it lack atmosphere. We found the breakfasts good, but the evening meal was hugely overpriced for what it was. We had far better meals in Florence for half the price.
However, the room, the staff, the hotel, the views & the history seeping out of every crevice more than make up for this.
Would we go back? Yes please!

Room Tip: Eat in florence....there are so many amazing restaurants with a lot more character for a lot less mo...
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

On our honeymoon, we wanted to stay close to Florence, but not downtown. Il Salviatino fit the bill perfectly, only a $25 cab ride or, during the day, a free shuttle stopping right behind the Duomo. We stayed in two different rooms (we initially only booked one night and wanted to stay a second one); both rooms were both impeccably furnished and perfectly clean.

Do ask the staff for suggestions and to help you book reservations. We are more or less food snobs and our favorite meal in Italy was recommended by our guest ambassador. They were also helpful in organizing sightseeing for us.

Room Tip: Book a room with city views. Nothing beats throwing the shutters open in the morning to Florence und...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Florence
Villa Cora
The St. Regis Florence
The St. Regis Florence
#8 of 421 in Florence
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,213 reviews

Been to Il Salviatino? Share your experiences!