Stayed here as a couple in August 2014. We were welcomed by the charming Lino and his colleagues and enjoyed every moment of our stay. Also a special thanks to Josef for helping us with our flat tire and bags. Also a big thanks to the driver (Marco?) for shuttling us in and out of town.
- If you're worried about staying outside of the centre, don't be - the shuttle services is very reliable and runs about eight times per day both in and out of the city - drops you straight to the Piazza del Duomo
- Our room (Duomo view) was spacious and had stunning views over the city. We have two very large suitcases and always struggle to get them set up properly, this room was large enough to have them both accessible the whole time, which was great
- Breakfast on the terrace is set rather than a la carte, but I quite liked this as a different touch - great silverware, view, service etc.
- The hotel building is a stunning restoration, with a huge library containing a great selection of regional texts
- Very cool entertainment system in the rooms, with the television cleverly set behind a mirror, which is a great touch - I want to try and copy this at home
A few constructive comments:
- The staff are a touch heavy on the up-sell (spa treatments, wine tours etc.), but they were courteous when doing so. I felt a little obliged to take up option extras.
- The path to the pool could be made a little easier to find
- There are some beautiful little restaurants that we found close by, I think suggestions to visit these may have been obscured a little by the desire to have guests dine in the hotel restaurant.
- The internet was inconsistent. I hate complaining about internet when in such a beautiful environment that really shouldn't require it, but unfortunately I must take my work with me on holiday and so it helps greatly when I can get things done quickly and out of the way, which requires a decent connection
- The Duomo view room was stunning, great to wake up each morning and throw the windows wide open to the view of Florence
- We found two restaurants that we really liked: Cafe Godo, which is only about one kilometre away, and (very unusually) a great Japanese place called Niwa. We were craving Asian food after being in Italy for a week or so and we had very low expectations for Asian food in Florence. However, the sashimi at Niwa is an absolute winner, and we eat a lot of Japanese food
- Don't be a slave to the last 8pm shuttle back from Florence - the town centre is so beautiful at night and the little cafes and trattorias really come alive after 8pm. Unfortunately a taxi from Piazza della Republica will set you back around 20 euros, but well worth it
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This award winning luxury hotel, located on the rolling hills of Fiesole, offers the most spectacular views of Florence. Accommodations range from the Villa Rooms, the Green House Suites and our Signature Suites. Each offer a very different experience but all have inspiring views of either our private park, the Tuscan landscape or the famous Duomo view of Florence. Guests will enjoy a la carte breakfast, wi-fi, parking, in room movies, in room coffee and tea making facilities and hourly shuttle service (15 minutes) to the center of Florence, all complimentary. Our service philosophy is all about creating unforgettable experiences for our guests in an informal setting. Our guests consider the Hotel, the Villa, their home away from home, a tranquil haven after a day of exploring Florence or the Tuscan countryside. The Spa offers four treatment rooms, each with its own steam shower, and a dedicated team of therapists specializing in aroma therapeutic relaxation and anti-aging treatments, a fitness center with the latest in Technogym equipment and our pools overlooking the Tuscan countryside. Our kitchen is dedicated to locally sourced Italian cuisine and can be enjoyed in either the library or on our terrace overlooking Florence. Innovative, creative and unpretentious. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Il Salviatino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Il Salviatino Hotel Florence