Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 September 2016 via mobile

Staying here for three nights was just simply magical, felt special on arrival with complementary champagne.
The view around the hotel is just stunning and peaceful.
We had a lovely big room which just complemented the hotel.
The shuttle in to town was also a lovely addition.
The only couple of down falls was that they didn't have enough sun beds for around the pool, I found the restaurant at the hotel was over priced for what they had to offer (lunch & dinner) and I was disappointed that they didn't give complementary water for the room as we were staying at the hottest time of the year.
Would come back in a heart beat, really well done.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 August 2016 via mobile

We had a fantastic time here. Gorgeous hotel, they upgraded us to 2 great rooms (while they were not huge, the views were unparalleled) you can see Florence's duomo in the distance. They have a shuttle going and coming back from Florence every hour which makes it super convenient. Also good location in Tuscany (Tuscan towns of interest are at most 1 he away) They restored the house to its former beauty while respecting its ancestry and heritage. The entire hotel smells delicious! The pool was a ++ on hot summer days. The spa was simple and small, yet pretty and consistent with the rest of hotel; and the masseuse was fantastic. One caveat: our AC could have been cooler. It only went to 19C and on hot hot days you want to cool off a bit more.

The restaurant was pretty great too. On a beautiful terrace with great views of Florence in the distance. copious breakfast: They serve a kind of "buffet-to-the-table" and bring you all sorts of things: pancakes, scrambled eggs, delicate pastries, cold cuts, fruit juices and coffee, fruit platter, yogurts. As is included, is such a treat. We usually went out to dinner but one night decided to stay in: the meal was delicious: best caprese salad we had while in Italy (the burratta melts in your mouth!) my husband's fish, my pasta and my kids dishes were all delicious, and well executed.

The concierge was pretty great at revolt ding restaurants and towns nearby.
Would love to go back.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 24 August 2016

This is a stunning property that sits on a hill overlooking Florence. Beautifully restored and boasting wonderful views. We had a room in one of the restored former greenhouses. This was really lovely. The grounds and gardens are beautiful and peaceful and it is a 10-15 min drive to the centre of town at the Duomo.

The food in the restaurant wasn't as good as some of the places we dined at in town, but when dining on the terrace as the sun went down or eating breakfast on the same terrace with views over Florence, it was easy to overlook these differences.

Despite the overall quality and positive impression of the refurbishment, some areas (e.g., the underground walkway linking the greenhouse rooms back to the main house and the gym area) need some work and there were some annoying little things in the room like the door handle to the conservatory and curtain fittings falling off and the loo being on constant flush mode.

The pool area is very pleasant and relaxing and the serving staff there were very attentive. There is a kids pool there which may mean that it doesn't always suit couples looking for a quiet time. The spa building and facility near the pool is fairly basic but the staff were very good.

As others have noted, it is not cheap but the surroundings, the atmosphere and the staff allow you the luxury of forgetting about that for a while at least.

Room tip: We loved the Greenhouse Suite
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank David V
Reviewed 21 August 2016

This hotel was the hotel highlight of our trip through Italy back in May this year. Money aside (a lot of money aside) we have nothing but fond memories about this place and the overall experience created by it's unique ambiance and it's amazingly attentive staff. Anyways, I always like to categorize my reviews of hotels so here we go...

SERVICE: Seriously top notch. Everyone is so kind and always quick to ask you about what you have planned for the day and able to offer meaningful suggestions and advice if nothing is on the agenda. From the moment we arrived to the moment we left there was not a single, slightest complaint in this domain.

ROOM: We opted for the deluxe double on the top floor with a view of the Dome. A seriously amazing room with vaulted ceilings and decor true to the Tuscan Villa vibe. It's shocking to me that other reviewers point out that this is undesirable, if you're looking for "modern" fixtures and angled furniture maybe stay at the Park Hyatt instead. However, I love when the character of a place matches the culture and surroundings. I think it was the right decision on the part of Il Salviatino to balance the modern decor with elements that tip their hat to the past and history of the building. I remember walking in, classical music playing softly over the surround sound speaker system installed throughout the room and just looking at the amazing city of Florence lain out before our eyes. That view is still burned in my memory as I literally spent hours each night and morning staring out the window. Also the room was absolutely spotless.

LOCATION: This might be a deal breaker for some, but was actually the icing on the cake for us. This is out of the city, and it's probably a little difficult to get to if you don't have a rental car. If I remember correctly they do have a shuttle to the city though (might wanna check on this). Anyways, it was so nice to have a quiet, secluded retreat after battling the crowds in city all day. Also, back to the view, it has to be one of the best in the city.

FOOD: The breakfast.... **open mouth with palms on the cheeks emoji** so dang good! It's unlike anything we've ever experienced before, imagine a daily custom-continental breakfast delivered straight to your table. Sure, there are underlying similarities between days, but the chef always surprises with new main dishes and mini-deserts every morning. Also, we were exhausted after a day trip to Cinque Terre and cancelled our plans to go into town for dinner. Last minute we walked downstairs to grab a bite to eat (usually always you need to have reservations). They let us in anyways, set up a completely new table in a different area of the villa just for us! This loops back to the service and ties the knot with the food as dinner was just as delicious as breakfast!

Overall, this place is truly amazing. My wife and I still talk about our short time spent at this property with the utmost of fondness. I really hope we can return one of these days! Kudos to Il Salviatino and the staff, and thanks for helping make our Florence holiday so awesome!

Room tip: The deluxe double with the Dome view is a must...
Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank todddangerfarr
Reviewed 20 August 2016

Il Salviatino has become like a home to me over the last three years I've stayed their I've never wanted to visit any other hotel in Florence or tuscany. The staff are brilliant and the breakfasts are beautiful.

Date of stay: March 2016