“Excellent Service and Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Il Salviatino

Il Salviatino
Ranked #87 of 421 Hotels in Florence
Ramstein
“Excellent Service and Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2010

We were able to spend a wonderful Christmas at the Il Salviatino. The hotel and Staff were extremely accommodating, going the extra mile when travel plans met with bad weather and flight delays. The special holiday menu was excellent and truly memorable and the service ambassadors were there for every need or want. Some of the best views in the region, without having to deal with the traffic and crowds of downtown Florence. There is no better place to relax and unwind with a nice selection of wine, scotch and cigars. Truly a first class hotel with a first class staff and setting. Already looking forward to our next stay.

Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2010

I booked a room at the hotel for a weekend in December (2010) to propose to my girlfriend.

I am a seasoned traveller and have stayed in numerous up-market hotels globally and wanted to find the very best Florence has to offer. I heard of the hotel from some friends and decided to stay there, a decision I certainly do not regret. From our arrival all the way throughout the stay, the service was absolutely fantastic.

First, you have an "ambassador" who is allocated to you for your entire stay. The hotel also helped me organise the entire weekend (quite important considering I was to propose to my girlfriend).

Upon arrival and following a drive through the beautiful gardens, our ambassador greeted us at the entrance of the hotel and took us straight to our suite, no check in hassle or queues! We had a fantastic suite overlooking the city of Florence with the very best is furniture, amenities and technology.

During the weekend, the hotel organised our city trips, a visit to the food market with the chef of the hotel (who then cooked the food we purchased in the morning in a 5 course meal), transport etc.

We ate in the restaurant one day and the food and service was fantastic! A great experience that can match some of the best food offers I have experienced here in London.

What has stayed with me the most was the excellent service and friendliness of the staff! They are very helpfull, always there when you need someone (without being obstrusive) and they have ensure that both my fiancee and myself had an unforgettable experience!

I know the hotel is to add some more suites and another up-market restaurant next year and I will certainly stay again at the Il Salviatino!

I cannot recommend this hotel enough!

Nuno

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2010

I was recently in Florence staying at Il Salviatino and I have to sya i was impress by the quality of the service and the exceptional facilities. This is a small sexy modern hotel with a traditional Tuscan touch.
You can relax and enjoy your stay, your luxury service ambassador will take care of everything for you, he will be more than a butler, he will be your concierge, your front desk person,... It was simply an amazing stay.
You are at the entrance of Florence (on the Fiesole hill, 5 minutes by taxi from Il Duomo or 35 minutes walking), close to the main attraction but with your own privacy. PErfect to escape from all the tourist of the centro storico.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2010

we had booked 3 nights and these were in one word : marvelous.
It's an hotel but you don't have the standard check in admin. You were welcomed in the library where you get the necessary explanation. Rooms , accomodation, help with any question, everybody is doing what you ask. The welness department is quiet and very professional. Food and beverage are excellent.
In one word : remarkable.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2010

This is the second time I am back at Il Salviatino and I must say I have been met with the same professionalism and charme I was met with the very first time. The Villa doesn't flaunt luxury, rather exalts it with sobriety and elegance. While maintaining its historical traits, the Villa offers all modern amenities, Bose sound sysyems, jacuzzi ect... The staff received me a in a very friendly way and I was even offered my favoutite wine upon arrival, what a fantastic surprise. The new Oriental Spa is divine and the Sunday brunch is very enjoyable. I had a great time and I am looking forward to my next stay at Il Salviatino.

Stayed November 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank Elisa0702
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2010

Elegant decor, wonderful service, breathtaking location on a hill overlooking Florence. They treated me like a princess from the moment of arrival until departure, which was greatly appreciated after a long business trip in several subpar hotels. And compared to the prices for those other hotels and their quality of service and rooms, Il Salviatino is a bargain. I can't wait to visit Florence and stay here again!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
New Delhi, India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2010

This hotel is not what the reviews make it seem. I strongly recommend not to stay here, it is too far from the city. You have to plan your day around their shuttles and that service ends at 7. When we checked in the bathroom was dirty, faeces in the toilet. Pretty disgusting, the hotel is old and feels haunted. Room service end at 10pm, do NOT stay here. The rug in the room was at least 50 yrs old and the bed was extremely uncomfortable with bed bugs.

You just dont feel like this is a 5 star hotel and I think that is why it is a bit cheaper compared to the other nicer hotels. The staff is kind of creepy too, most of them struggle to communicate in English and that too in a weird way ....most locals cant speak in English and that is certainly expected ...they still try to communicate with you and its kind of fun....but the hotel stuff kind of makes you feel weird.

Overall a bad hotel and kind of ruined our trip...I read these fantastic reviews on TripAdvior and booked it but it is not recommended to stay there.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
8 Thank lovetotravel2812
Also consider these accommodations in or near Florence
Villa Cora
The St. Regis Florence
The St. Regis Florence
#10 of 421 in Florence
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,214 reviews

Been to Il Salviatino? Share your experiences!