“Great Diner”

Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Duomo
Description: First diner since 2004
Reviewed 24 January 2014

We made sacrilege (went to american restaurant in center of Tuscany food - Florence) but didn't repented!
Portions of all meals were enormous and taste were very good!

Reviewed 26 December 2013 via mobile

On Nov 1, 2013 I wrote a bad review following a bitter experience with the restaurant's customer service.

After a month I went back and management profusely apologized for the bad experience, and awarded us a free lunch. It's wonderful their willingness to take responsibility and apologize, not many restaurants in Florence would do the same.

Go to The Diner and know people there truly care, it's great!

Reviewed 21 November 2013

This place was a welcome break from Italian food after 3 weeks in Italy. The food is standard diner fare- nothing fancy, but familiar and comforting. The service was always excellent, and quite quick. I went there several times, and was pleased with the food every time. It does get a little busy, but not more so than most other restaurants at meal times. If you're in Florence, it's definitely worth dropping by.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

I'm not used to eating red meat but when it comes to these burgers...temptation got me! They are very good! It tastes like home-made beef patties and you can rest from pizza and pasta.
It's better to avoid lunch or dinner time, specially on weekends since it will be full and you'd need to wait, it's better to have a late lunch or late dinner!
The fries don't taste as good as the rest of the plate, but it's a big and very good burger! You can leave them aside.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

I loved stopping by the Diner when I was in Pasta Overload during my recent 2+ week stay in Florence. The service was great, the portions were humongous, people friendly, and it was fun to talk to the other diners. I only had to wait for a table one time on a Saturday morning when I went for breakfast with a friend. I used it to talk to the young college girls in front of me, all very excited about their experience in Tuscany. Also had a salad here once that was crisp and fresh, and a great real hamburger another time. I was there during All Saint's Weekend and the whole town was very busy. Other restaurants ran out of supplies also. The unusually fine weather must have lured record crowds. Anyway, The Diner is a place I would recommend-quick, easy to navigate, well-located, and good consistent offerings. I will tell anyone going to Florence to check it out!