“A charming comfortable home.”
Review of Casa Rabatti

Casa Rabatti
Ranked #254 of 659 Florence B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 August 2011

My wife and I stayed at Casa Rabatti for 5 days late June 2011. Of the several hotels we stayed in during our trip in Northern Italy this was by far our favorite. Marcella was our instant Italian aunt. Kind and caring. She gave us maps, offered advise and always checked on us when we returned from a day of adventure. The location was good, walking distance to the train station and most tourist destinations. We were there at the height of the tourist season. The heat and crowds were sometimes too much for us. Returning home to a quiet, safe, cool place to stay was so comfortable. Marcella greeted us with an ice cold bottle of water- so nice! We rented bikes on the same block two days and rode up the hill to the small town of Fisole. A pretty good climb, then down and back across the city to Michelangelo Piazza, another nice view.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rich C

Reviewed 18 August 2011

If you ever get tired of the 5star hospitality - buzz and you just want to relax and enjoy a place like home in the heart of Florence; this is your place! Marcella, the lovely lady who runs this place will take care of you in her charming and caring way. Casa Rabatti is clean, quiet, simple and very conveniently located near the city center as well as the train station of Florence. We truly enjoyed our stay and will come back for sure. Grazie Marcella!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2011

My friends and I absolutely loved staying here! Marchella runs the guesthouse and treats all of her guests like family. It was like staying in someone's house. Our room was very large, and was actually two rooms. The place was clean and friendly, and a wonderful value.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 July 2011

Not much to say that hasn't already been said. Just wonderful! Please note that Marcella has added fast wi-fi.
I stayed alone in the double w/shared bathroom. It was enormous - could comfortably sleep 7 with it's queen, pull out sofa and three single beds. On my second night (of 3), a room w/private bath was vacant and she insisted I have use of the private bath so I wouldn't have to share with all the cute American college girls staying at Casa Rabatti.
Bottom line - it is every bit as good as everyone says, and the price is ridiculously low. Thank you Marcelli!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank LovesFlorence
Reviewed 13 June 2011

I just want to second all the great things people have said! I stayed with Marcella for 3 nights and it was wonderful. I really felt like I was staying at my grandmothers house when I was a kid. If I go back to Florence again, it will be to visit Marcella.

To hit the key points that people want to know
- It was very clean.
- I believe there were 3-4 rooms that share a bathroom (but one of the rooms might also have its own bathroom)
- One of the rooms I saw was huge and great for a family (1 king + 3 twins + pull out couch) Marcella let us ( a couple ) stay there one night when she didn't have anyone else around. Then she asked us never sweetly if we would move to the room next door because there might be a family with a baby coming. We happily agreed.
- The beds were firm
- There was a small refrigerator that everyone could share
- She helped us make reservations with the Uffizi
- She let us use our calling card to call home and she even helped us figure out how it worked

(Great suggestion Risk Steves)

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 April 2011

After only 2 nights with Marcella at Casa Rabatti, we felt we were saying goodbye to a good friend. Marcella provided such a wonderful Florentine and Italian experience for our family. Her place is very comfortable, roomy, very clean and most importantly it felt like home. We found the location to be excellent - close to the train station, the large central market ( Piazza del Mercato Centrale), Accademia, Il Duomo and all the central sights. There are 2 of us in the family with celiac (unable to eat wheat) and Marcella referred us to a wonderful restaurant just around the corner from her place called Il Toscano; it became our favorite restaurant of the trip. We can't say enough good things about our time at Casa Rabatti, it definitely was the most memorable place we stayed in our 10 days in Italy.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 April 2011

The owner, Marcella, makes this stay memorable. She is a generous, gracious lady,
who treats her guests like her family. She is almost compulsive about keeping the inn clean. There are only 4 rooms but they are plenty spacious. I clearly understand now
why Rick Steves stays here whenever he is in Florence. It is fun to talk with her, especially if you have at least the rudiments of Italian language. She is very intelligent,
and is able to converse well about Florentine history and Italian culture. We would definitely return to Casa Rabatti should we ever be in Florence again.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family