“Doesn't stand out”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Ristorante Toto

Ristorante Toto
Ranked #238 of 2,679 Restaurants in Florence
Good for: Romantic, Kids, Child-friendly, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Uffizi
Pennsylvania
“Doesn't stand out”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

Service was pretty poor here and we were the only table with no bread! Gnocchi with pesto was just ok...picture attached. Not a real memorable experience.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, California
“Worst dining experience in my entire life.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

Me and another Korean American friend stationed in Naples,paid a visit after reading reviews on tripadvisor. As overused abd cliche the statement may sound, this was without a doubt THE worst dining eperience in my thirty some odd years.

When we walked in, there was no eye contact by waiting staff. Me and my friend waited patiently. Its understandable to be short-staffed at times. But it got awkwardly weird.. enough that another customer saw what I was thinking and we both had to shake our heads n chuckled.

Finally we asked, can we seat ourselves? They hastily replied yeah yeah. So we sat in an empty table. Nothing was set. It was until the following few customers were attended to that our supposed waiter acknowledged our existence and took our order.

They simply brought out our steak. Already cooked. They didn't ask us how they wanted it cooked...let alone show us the cut meat prior to cooking as its customary. No bread: we had to inquire and our waiter was like oh yeah. Bread was cold and plain nasty and wouldn't be surprised if it was recycled from another table.

Me and my friend simply couldn't ignore the obvious racial discrimination. Mind you, growing up in the states we faced our share of racial prejudice. ...but this was blatant and really humilating.

When try to questioned the service we were recieving there was no apology just. ..are u kidding? And before we could answer no (obviously not) the guy goes to tend to whatever task in the kitchen.

Having traveled to various other cities in italy traveling east n south and back up north.. I can say the prejudice is thankfully not shared with rest of Italy. I csn also I paid the most at this restaurant of all other restaurants and the food just any jo schmo meat. Served rare for us and well done in other parts. Just poor poor. Stay away ugh. Why?????

1 Thank travellingeverwhere
Beccles, United Kingdom
“Surprise proposal at Ristorante Toto”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

My boyfriend and I visited Ristorante Toto on Friday 4 July 2014 during a weekend break. This was a first visit to Florence (Firenze) for us both and it was important to us that we find a truly traditional family-run restaurant for our first evening out. Ristorante Toto seemed to fit the bill so we walked in and were seated straight away. The waiter was helpful and pleasant. The menu was okay so we ordered our food. To be honest both dishes were not that great - the Calzone pizza was dry and hardly had any filling and I have tasted better Gnocchi in Lanzarote! Our desserts were equally underwhelming. However, the place was traditional, clean and friendly. I would recommend it purely for these reasons. Just to add that this was a very special evening as it turned out because my boyfriend unexpectedly proposed to me whilst in the restaurant! I did say yes and so left Firenze with my new Fiance. If you're looking for a quiet, traditional feel Italian family-run restaurant then I would recommend a visit.

1 Thank Maria M
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Lovely italian dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

My wife and myself had a dinner to Ristorante Toto the evening of the 5th of July 2014 at Florence. It was a very good experience!! The atmosphere is in a true italian style: local meals and a large variety of wines. Waiters are kind, efficient and very helpful. Our three-course diner was excellent and very tasty! You can see a part of the kitchen while you are sitting an enjoying your meal. The restaurant is quit big and spacious. This restaurant is located in the city centre, close to Ponte Vecchio.

We definitively recommend this restaurant which we think, is typically italian.

Manalapan, New Jersey
“Great Casual Find”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

Went here our first night, right next to our hotel and we didn't have high expectations. We were very pleasantly surprised. The restaurant had a great casual atmosphere and the service was excellent and friendly. We had pizza and pasta and both were outstanding. I would highly recommend going.