“Good Food, Pleasant Atmosphere, Good House Wine”
Review of Ristorante Toto

Ristorante Toto
Ranked #614 of 3,094 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Italian, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: San Giovanni
Reviewed 14 October 2018

We reserved a table here for our first night in Florence, on the advice of our hotel receptionist. Glad we did. The place is very popular, especially with meat eaters; the chef's chopper is a background sound frequently heard as he separates cuts of meat for customers.
The food is good here, and the service is friendly and efficient. The house red is definitely worth trying. A positive atmosphere with authentic food on offer.
We ate here on each night of our stay in Florence.
Very good

Date of visit: September 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,543)

Reviewed 14 October 2018

Stopped here for lunch on our way to visit the Ponte Vecchio, being in Italy we were both keen to try authentic Italian lasagne and whilst it was enjoyable we both agreed that it did not blow us away.
Drinks and dessert were fine, service was a bit hit or miss but then we were eating at 2.30 so the restaurant was winding down from the busy lunch service.
Would try again if we return to Florence.

Reviewed 13 October 2018

Don’t get a table near where the chefs are chopping up the meat! Very noisy and could put you off having what is probably a delicious steak! Otherwise the food was fine!

Reviewed 12 October 2018 via mobile

My husband and I plus a friend ate here in September. Our hotel was just two doors down. We had walked by several times to a bustling restaurant with lively conversation and it looked like fun. It was always packed so we stopped by one evening and had a fun time and great meal. We ordered the Antipasti Tuscan (fantastic), my husband had steak which he claimed was one of the best ever; I had the walnut ravioli and seriously I don’t remember what our friend had. There was a lot of vino involved since we were walking!! We asked our waiter to bring us a good regional red and he did. It was delicious. This restaurant is definitely known for its steak. We enjoyed everything we ate and drank. Our waiter was incredibly busy but managed to take great care of us and I even got a chance to speak with the “steak guy” who was very friendly and informative. He loves his job. When dining in Florence don’t be in a hurry. Relax and enjoy your time here. You’ll love it. And the reason I say their staff is honorable is because I left my purse hanging on my chair that evening and when I stopped by the next morning to collect it, they had it at the register, just waiting for me. I can’t say enough about these wonderful people. Grazie Toto!!

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

The crostini with chicken liver pate were good. The house pasta was good and portion generous, cheese raviolis good but not so generous.