1,524 results
All reviews free glass of prosecco tower room steam room palazzo strozzi five star hotel fabulous hotel happy hour our honeymoon quiet side street free mini bar turn down service every evening perfect location junior suite would highly recommend this hotel special thanks city break
Reviewed 31 July 2009

This is a new hotel in the best part of Florence, near great shops and sites of interest, yet the hotel is absolutely quiet and beautiful. The entire staff at the hotel made us feel welcomed and at home and gave us great suggestions for dining and tours. Breakfast was delicious and hearty, and we were greeted each morning with a fabulous smile and a welcoming "Buon Giorno". The comfort of our room was wonderful-- remarkably quiet, very good bed, great bathroom, luxurious towels, and true air-conditioning...which was important given we were there in July. Also, they had free internet acess. When in Florence again, we'll be at the Golden Tower Hotel!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 June 2009

I agree with most of the positive posts - great location, room decor hotel etc.

I originally booked a classic double. When I arrived the person who was in the room before me had been smoking and it still smelled bad. Initially, the hotel offered to have the cleaning staff air out the room and use air spray. I made it clear that was not an acceptable option. The hotel happily offerd to put me into another room. I think they gave me an upgrade (in terms of room size) because the room was much bigger. It was beautifully decorated, comfortable bed, great linens, bathroom etc. Really top notch.

I did not use the spa facilities.

For thos planning a their trip to florence, I highly recommend you reserve your museum tics ahead of time. There's a small service fee but it's worth it in terms of saving time having to wait in line. During busy times you may wait in line for a couple of hours. We reserved tics for uffuzi and the academie (david). the number is 39 055 287 860. you can do it the same day.

2  Thank sinjin23
Reviewed 26 June 2009

There are so many things to say about Golden Tower and all are accolades. Brand new place - couldn't find a review on Trip Advisor when we booked!

Setup is wonderful - five story antique building that has been renovated. Just off the Piazza Strozzi -- parking is unavailable but the hotel can valet for 25 Eur a night (good deal for major European tourist city). Finding the hotel is a bit of a trick as most streets in Florence are one way or blocked/dead-ends. But if you can simply make it to the Piazza they'll walk out and find you.

Staff is the key - amazing staff. Elisa, Marco, Frederica are all fabulous. Must have been trained by the Ritz or Waldorf families. Hotel itself is a luxury boutique hotel. Grand sitting room, comfortable breakfast room, 5-6 rooms per floor, and the rooms are outfitted with class and taste. Huge jacuzzi bath, fabulous bedding (best sleep in a hotel bed ever), beautiful decorations and painted ceilings, and a nice flat screen LCD if you must watch the tele while in such a wonderful city as Firenze.

Hotel is five minutes from just about everything - stores all around, food all around, pharmacy on the corner - this is a perfect location.

Hotel has an attached spa that is devine - aqua therapy, treatments, massages, etc. I think the spa is run by a different owner but you couldn't tell by the way the work together and support each other.

I can't recommend this place more - other than to say that during their initial "roll out" phase they are discounting prices. Go now for a HUGE bargin. Once the prices go back to normal this won't be a bargin hunters place - you pay for what you get is my experience. But at the Golden Tower the price of admission is justified by the luxury and service.

Best travels, Tom

Reviewed 25 June 2009

Absolutely a bargain. Super Standard - fair price. Centraly located - good equiped - nice people.
We had room no. 204. Absolutly great. Clean, calm room. Bathroom marmor...
Great breakfast.
Worth to stay again.

Reviewed 23 June 2009

This is a brand new hotel (opened late May) - it smells new! The location is excellent, right at the centre of Florence, one minute walk from Piazza de la Signoria, and a five minute walk from the train station and the Duomo. This does not mean that it is noisy: not at all, as the hotel is off Piazza Strozzi, on a narrow road and all very quiet. The room (regular) was on the small side, but not unpleasant. A number of very good features: the bed incredibly comfortable (albeit not massive), a big LCD screen, wonderful shower, marble in the lavatory, ETRO products, the staff very friendly indeed. and the breakfast good (fresh fruit, pastries, cereals - some cooked breakfast which did not seem terribly appetising). One downside: there was hardly any view, or rather the room overlloked the back of some buildings. However, I do not mind, as I am out most of the time and the positive features outweigh the lack of view. There is a spa in the hotel, but I did not have the time to visit it.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business