1,507 results
All reviewsfree glass of proseccotower roomsteam roompalazzo strozzifive star hotelfabulous hotelhappy hourour honeymoonquiet side streetfree mini barturn down serviceevery eveningperfect locationjunior suitewould highly recommend this hotelspecial thankscity break
Reviewed 16 September 2009

Perfect central location, just a stone's throw from cafes and restaurants around Piazza Republica, and very short walk from all major museums. Newly renovated as noted in other reviews, with extremely comfortable rooms and baths. Excellent breakfast/service. Staff did seamless job of booking tix for Uffizi and elsewhere, and making resos at various slightly off-the-beaten path restaurants (eg Natalino) which made for a delightful and relaxed stay. Sara (front desk) had particularly good suggestions, and was always brimming with smiles and good cheer, but I thank all of the the Golden Towers staff for their geniality and help!!! My only quibble is that the a/c was weak-ish, but the hotel was extremely accommodating in adjusting that (by 2nd night) to a very comfortable range. Not inexpensive, but a superb choice for business trip, particularly given the excellent (and free) broadband wi-fi.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank samulon
Reviewed 3 September 2009

At the behest of our AMEX travel agent, we booked this hotel with some hesitation as we have always stayed in established "older" properties in Italy. Hvg stayed at Villa D'Este the year before, their rate was too good to be true. We were very nicely surprised with The Golden Tower. It was recently opened 2 months prior. The buidling was totally gutted and restored. The interior was spotless, bright, cheerful, luxurious and beautiful. It was a luxury boutique hotel in every sense of the word.

ROOM / AMENITIES: Our first room, albeti small, was beautiful but the a/c was a little warm. So I called the front desk and Marco Piteo cheerfully showed me other options. In the end we got a huge, beautiful room (#401- featured on their website). Our windows looked out to the cobbled lane below. Our skylight looked out to the tower at the nearby Palazzo. We were totally in love with our twin rain shower heads. Wow! Linens from towels to sheets were brand new and top notch. Italian linens at their finest. Loved this attention to detail! Pillows were perfect -- firm yet soft! Bed was extremely comfortable. Their ETRO bath amenities impressed the fashion fanatic in me!

NICE TOUCHES: 1) FREE minibar! What an nice amenity. Still/sparkling waters, juices and beers were all replenished daily.
2) FREE INTERNET: My husband loved the free in-rrom internet. For those not toting their PC's, there is a computer for everyone to use off the breakfast/sitting area.
3) On the first night, they informed us we had a welcome treat waiting -- delicious dessert wine and biscotti for my husband and me. A fruit juice and gelato for my daughter.

BREAKFAST BUFFET: Included our our rate, it featured a nice selection of cold cuts, cheeses, fruit, juices, cereals, and baked goods, including mouthwatering cakes(!). Service was courteous and attentive. Though the breakfast room was always busy, we surprisingly never had to wait for a table.

LOCATION: Could not be beat. We walked everywhere and saved on cabfare. The Palazzo Vecchio was next door. The Uffizi, Piazza Della Repubblica, Piazza Signoria, Via Tournabuoni, main post office and open air markets were 2 -3 mins away. The Ponte Vecchio was about 5-7 minutes. The SMN train station was 8-10 mins away. Great restaurants around were plentiful.

STAFF: A special shout out to the wonderful Marco if he's reading this. He is the brains at "Operation Central". He runs the reception desk and doubles up as concierge extraordinaire. He was instrumental in making our first trip to Florence incredibly memorable. Prior to our arrival, he helpd secure a cooking class ( with a company called Florence Town) that totally catered to our needs ( included our 11 yr old, taught pasta/ gnocchi/ rissotto on the day and time of our choice) . It was value for money and didn't cost an arm and a leg. Our 11 year old daughter had an absolute blast which was the most impt thing. He also cheerfully answered my many mundane questions. The rest of the staff, Elisa and Sara were as beautiful as they were cheefrful. After awhile we felt like family and were greeted warmly everytime we returned to the hotel. Important to note too is the general manager, Antonio. I didn't know who he was at the time but he came over to help me with the "public" computer when he noticed me hvg problems signing on. He friendly and very helpful. We were catching a late train and he very kindly allowed us a late checkout despite them being full. That was very much appreciated.

So from beginning to end, we had a great stay at the Golden Tower. They delivered as they had promised. Their website photos were well represented. They didn't cut corners when it came to providing the guests the best. I was very surprised that this 4* hotel could stand up next to other 5 * ones and could easily surpass them in many categories. They went out of their way to please their guests and it showed in every way.

The only two comments we have is: Another waste basket is needed in the bathroom. Didn't like throwing out my dental floss in the one under the desk! :) We had a phone in the room but it was by the bedside. My husband worked at the desk so his comment would be to relocate the phone there. Other than that, there are no complaints! We are already planning our trip back to Florence and will definitely stay at The Golden Tower again.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank Beaverhousen
Reviewed 31 July 2009

This is a new hotel in the best part of Florence, near great shops and sites of interest, yet the hotel is absolutely quiet and beautiful. The entire staff at the hotel made us feel welcomed and at home and gave us great suggestions for dining and tours. Breakfast was delicious and hearty, and we were greeted each morning with a fabulous smile and a welcoming "Buon Giorno". The comfort of our room was wonderful-- remarkably quiet, very good bed, great bathroom, luxurious towels, and true air-conditioning...which was important given we were there in July. Also, they had free internet acess. When in Florence again, we'll be at the Golden Tower Hotel!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 June 2009

I agree with most of the positive posts - great location, room decor hotel etc.

I originally booked a classic double. When I arrived the person who was in the room before me had been smoking and it still smelled bad. Initially, the hotel offered to have the cleaning staff air out the room and use air spray. I made it clear that was not an acceptable option. The hotel happily offerd to put me into another room. I think they gave me an upgrade (in terms of room size) because the room was much bigger. It was beautifully decorated, comfortable bed, great linens, bathroom etc. Really top notch.

I did not use the spa facilities.

For thos planning a their trip to florence, I highly recommend you reserve your museum tics ahead of time. There's a small service fee but it's worth it in terms of saving time having to wait in line. During busy times you may wait in line for a couple of hours. We reserved tics for uffuzi and the academie (david). the number is 39 055 287 860. you can do it the same day.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sinjin23
Reviewed 26 June 2009

There are so many things to say about Golden Tower and all are accolades. Brand new place - couldn't find a review on Trip Advisor when we booked!

Setup is wonderful - five story antique building that has been renovated. Just off the Piazza Strozzi -- parking is unavailable but the hotel can valet for 25 Eur a night (good deal for major European tourist city). Finding the hotel is a bit of a trick as most streets in Florence are one way or blocked/dead-ends. But if you can simply make it to the Piazza they'll walk out and find you.

Staff is the key - amazing staff. Elisa, Marco, Frederica are all fabulous. Must have been trained by the Ritz or Waldorf families. Hotel itself is a luxury boutique hotel. Grand sitting room, comfortable breakfast room, 5-6 rooms per floor, and the rooms are outfitted with class and taste. Huge jacuzzi bath, fabulous bedding (best sleep in a hotel bed ever), beautiful decorations and painted ceilings, and a nice flat screen LCD if you must watch the tele while in such a wonderful city as Firenze.

Hotel is five minutes from just about everything - stores all around, food all around, pharmacy on the corner - this is a perfect location.

Hotel has an attached spa that is devine - aqua therapy, treatments, massages, etc. I think the spa is run by a different owner but you couldn't tell by the way the work together and support each other.

I can't recommend this place more - other than to say that during their initial "roll out" phase they are discounting prices. Go now for a HUGE bargin. Once the prices go back to normal this won't be a bargin hunters place - you pay for what you get is my experience. But at the Golden Tower the price of admission is justified by the luxury and service.

Best travels, Tom