1,524 results
All reviews free glass of prosecco tower room steam room palazzo strozzi five star hotel fabulous hotel happy hour our honeymoon quiet side street free mini bar turn down service every evening perfect location junior suite would highly recommend this hotel special thanks city break
Reviewed 19 October 2009

Don't waste your money! I always subscribe to "you get what you pay for" but this hotel did not at all deliver according to their exorbitant rates. The front desk gave no service. We asked to use an iron - to which the response was we do not lend out irons as we have a Laundry service - fair enough, but then he goes on to say 'It is Sunday and Laundry service is not available". He then offered that a waitress will quickly iron our shirt and short at no cost. We were very pleased with this until when we checked out there was a 18 Euro Laundry service charge!!! Unbelievable! And the lady checking us out did not want to listen to our explanation of the situation - her response was "We do not do anything for free" The ironing was a pretty poor job but we didn't complain as we thought it was being done as a curtesy - BUT having to pay 18 Euros!!! was ridiculous.
We had to wait to be seated for breakfast as their breakfast area had about six tables...
Questions about Florence and tours to take etc was answered with a shrug or monosylables! The only positve of this Hotel was the guy who helped us with the luggage and the breakfats waiter.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
4  Thank princessfi33
Reviewed 14 October 2009

My husband and I just got back from our amazing stay at the Golden Tower. I highly recommend this place. The location is convenient, but serene. It's totally new inside and nicely decorated without that faux hip vibe that many hotels go for nowadays. The continental breakfast offered a great variety (i.e. mango/orange juice, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, yogurts, breads, etc.) and was delicious. The room had nice exposed stone, arched doorways, and Renaissance art to add to the old world charm, but had a modern bathroom, hard wood floors, and crisp white linens to give it a sharp modern feel. The staff was very helpful and friendly. It even included free internet which can be very useful on a trip. I can't stop gushing about the Golden Tower!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 September 2009

First the positives - This hotel is brand new right in the center of things. The breakfast buffet is delicious and the staff are friendly. Now the negatives. Our DELUXE room was quite small. We had requested in our email a king bed but were given a queen size. The room was equipped with a shower only and my wife sure missed her bath. When questioned, the front desk claimed that we were in a deluxe room and that king size beds are not available in Italy. An absurd statement since our other hotels in Italy had king beds. We were granted a small discount but would have preferred a king bed as we had requested and been promised and be sure to request a bathtub if it is important for you.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lmgreen
Reviewed 16 September 2009

Perfect central location, just a stone's throw from cafes and restaurants around Piazza Republica, and very short walk from all major museums. Newly renovated as noted in other reviews, with extremely comfortable rooms and baths. Excellent breakfast/service. Staff did seamless job of booking tix for Uffizi and elsewhere, and making resos at various slightly off-the-beaten path restaurants (eg Natalino) which made for a delightful and relaxed stay. Sara (front desk) had particularly good suggestions, and was always brimming with smiles and good cheer, but I thank all of the the Golden Towers staff for their geniality and help!!! My only quibble is that the a/c was weak-ish, but the hotel was extremely accommodating in adjusting that (by 2nd night) to a very comfortable range. Not inexpensive, but a superb choice for business trip, particularly given the excellent (and free) broadband wi-fi.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank samulon
Reviewed 3 September 2009

At the behest of our AMEX travel agent, we booked this hotel with some hesitation as we have always stayed in established "older" properties in Italy. Hvg stayed at Villa D'Este the year before, their rate was too good to be true. We were very nicely surprised with The Golden Tower. It was recently opened 2 months prior. The buidling was totally gutted and restored. The interior was spotless, bright, cheerful, luxurious and beautiful. It was a luxury boutique hotel in every sense of the word.

ROOM / AMENITIES: Our first room, albeti small, was beautiful but the a/c was a little warm. So I called the front desk and Marco Piteo cheerfully showed me other options. In the end we got a huge, beautiful room (#401- featured on their website). Our windows looked out to the cobbled lane below. Our skylight looked out to the tower at the nearby Palazzo. We were totally in love with our twin rain shower heads. Wow! Linens from towels to sheets were brand new and top notch. Italian linens at their finest. Loved this attention to detail! Pillows were perfect -- firm yet soft! Bed was extremely comfortable. Their ETRO bath amenities impressed the fashion fanatic in me!

NICE TOUCHES: 1) FREE minibar! What an nice amenity. Still/sparkling waters, juices and beers were all replenished daily.
2) FREE INTERNET: My husband loved the free in-rrom internet. For those not toting their PC's, there is a computer for everyone to use off the breakfast/sitting area.
3) On the first night, they informed us we had a welcome treat waiting -- delicious dessert wine and biscotti for my husband and me. A fruit juice and gelato for my daughter.

BREAKFAST BUFFET: Included our our rate, it featured a nice selection of cold cuts, cheeses, fruit, juices, cereals, and baked goods, including mouthwatering cakes(!). Service was courteous and attentive. Though the breakfast room was always busy, we surprisingly never had to wait for a table.

LOCATION: Could not be beat. We walked everywhere and saved on cabfare. The Palazzo Vecchio was next door. The Uffizi, Piazza Della Repubblica, Piazza Signoria, Via Tournabuoni, main post office and open air markets were 2 -3 mins away. The Ponte Vecchio was about 5-7 minutes. The SMN train station was 8-10 mins away. Great restaurants around were plentiful.

STAFF: A special shout out to the wonderful Marco if he's reading this. He is the brains at "Operation Central". He runs the reception desk and doubles up as concierge extraordinaire. He was instrumental in making our first trip to Florence incredibly memorable. Prior to our arrival, he helpd secure a cooking class ( with a company called Florence Town) that totally catered to our needs ( included our 11 yr old, taught pasta/ gnocchi/ rissotto on the day and time of our choice) . It was value for money and didn't cost an arm and a leg. Our 11 year old daughter had an absolute blast which was the most impt thing. He also cheerfully answered my many mundane questions. The rest of the staff, Elisa and Sara were as beautiful as they were cheefrful. After awhile we felt like family and were greeted warmly everytime we returned to the hotel. Important to note too is the general manager, Antonio. I didn't know who he was at the time but he came over to help me with the "public" computer when he noticed me hvg problems signing on. He friendly and very helpful. We were catching a late train and he very kindly allowed us a late checkout despite them being full. That was very much appreciated.

So from beginning to end, we had a great stay at the Golden Tower. They delivered as they had promised. Their website photos were well represented. They didn't cut corners when it came to providing the guests the best. I was very surprised that this 4* hotel could stand up next to other 5 * ones and could easily surpass them in many categories. They went out of their way to please their guests and it showed in every way.

The only two comments we have is: Another waste basket is needed in the bathroom. Didn't like throwing out my dental floss in the one under the desk! :) We had a phone in the room but it was by the bedside. My husband worked at the desk so his comment would be to relocate the phone there. Other than that, there are no complaints! We are already planning our trip back to Florence and will definitely stay at The Golden Tower again.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family