1,507 results
All reviewsfree glass of proseccotower roomsteam roompalazzo strozzifive star hotelfabulous hotelhappy hourour honeymoonquiet side streetfree mini barturn down serviceevery eveningperfect locationjunior suitewould highly recommend this hotelspecial thankscity break
Reviewed 27 April 2010

We booked 3 nights in April and was very happy with everything. Location is perfect, 2 min from main square, but in very quiet street. All main attractions are close as well as shopping. Valet parking is also great thing. Rooms are nice, beds great. Staff very helpful. Very good choice for Florence..

Reviewed 11 April 2010

The hotel is brand new and is perfectly located for seeing everything and also for shopping. It's a small palace, beautifully renovated and nicely decorated. We’ve stayed in a classic double and my daughter and niece in classic twin room. The rooms were very comfortable, quiet and clean, beds and bedding were excellent, although, I must say, the double room was too small for a five star hotel and the bathroom was worse than the other one, equipped with a shower only. So I recommend the twin room instead of a double. The Staff were outstanding, extremely friendly, helpful and enthusiastic. They were always available to solve any problem, to make reservations for Uffizi and Academia to avoid the queues, to the recommend us good restaurants or trattorias (which we prefer). We ate at Bussola and at Oliviero, both recommended by hotel staff and both amazing. Breakfast was good but not amazing for a five star hotel. The fresh fruit and freshly squeezed juices were very good, but there was very little variety of bread types. As many other guests, we had dinner at the hotel restaurant one time, because it was raining a lot, but I didn’t like our meal. I suppose that the hotel is not really prepared to serve meals, although it has a restaurant. There was very little choice, only two main courses, which were the same every day. In fact, I suppose that because most people, just like us, prefer to have dinner outside the hotel, they don’t really invest in that area. I think it would be better for the hotel and guests if it offers simple and good, light snacks, like omelettes, salads, soups, sandwiches, etc, instead of having an unprepared restaurant. I don’t really know if this small, nice and cosy hotel is a real five star hotel, but we highly recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 April 2010

We were in Italy on our honeymoon and staying at the Golden Tower was a highlight for us! The staff was especially warm, kind, and always helpful (EVERY one we spoke to treated us like a friend), giving us directions and making dinner reservations for us. The complimentary SPA is fantastic! The jacuzzi, showers, saunas, and fluffy robes and slippers....all of it was very soothing and romantic. Other perks: The breakfast was delicious, and I appreciated having access to the hotel computer to check my email whenever I wanted. The desk clerk stowed our bags for an entire day after we checked out, so that we could enjoy an extra day of sight-seeing.

The room itself was SILENT, peaceful, and the marble bathroom with all the amenities was fantastic. We received complimentary Prosecco and snacks in the early evening before dinner. The room also came with a hot water kettle and coffee and various teas, as well as robes and slippers, and a safe in the room.

The only (and I mean ONLY) minor problem I had was that the fire alarm hanging over our bed had a tiny little flashing red light that went off 24-hours a day. It startled me when I woke up in and saw it in the dark, but it is not visible with eyes closed. I noticed one over the front desk as well, so I imagine they are like this throughout the inn.

Other than that, I give this hotel my highest recommendation, and would encourage anyone visiting Florence to stay here! I will certainly stay at the Golden Tower next time I visit Florence!

Reviewed 1 April 2010

I was suprised by the good service and kindness of the staff It really is a good hotel with everything you can wish for. I've been in many city's and many hotels this is one that stands out if you're talking about service. There so kind.
It is in middle of the centre.

• Stayed: March 2010
Reviewed 30 March 2010

We were welcomed by friendly staff and nothing was too much trouble, from arranging airport transfers to city directions and even suggestions were to dine. What can we say, 3 nights in the magnifico suite was truly 'MAGNIFICO'. Private use of the Spa was exceptional. We would highly recommend this hotel and can't wait to return.