“Just as I hoped!”

Ranked #14 of 421 Hotels in Florence
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Just as I hoped!”
Reviewed 15 May 2010

My husband and I just returned from our Italy trip and this was one of my favorite hotels we stayed in. We were there on the 7th and 8th of May. The staff spoke great english and were very helpful with everything we needed. the location was great and I loved that everything was new. We had the room they show on their website with the rock wall behind the bed, it was a good size room (keeping european standards in mind) and was very romantic. The bathroom was super nice and the shower head rocked! It's of course not the cheapest place but if you want a new hotel with all the trimmings and a great location you won't regret the splurge. My only wish is that the Spa would have stayed open later so we could have had the chance to try out the hot tub!

Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Zadar, Croatia
Reviewed 27 April 2010

We booked 3 nights in April and was very happy with everything. Location is perfect, 2 min from main square, but in very quiet street. All main attractions are close as well as shopping. Valet parking is also great thing. Rooms are nice, beds great. Staff very helpful. Very good choice for Florence..

Porto
Reviewed 11 April 2010

The hotel is brand new and is perfectly located for seeing everything and also for shopping. It's a small palace, beautifully renovated and nicely decorated. We’ve stayed in a classic double and my daughter and niece in classic twin room. The rooms were very comfortable, quiet and clean, beds and bedding were excellent, although, I must say, the double room was too small for a five star hotel and the bathroom was worse than the other one, equipped with a shower only. So I recommend the twin room instead of a double. The Staff were outstanding, extremely friendly, helpful and enthusiastic. They were always available to solve any problem, to make reservations for Uffizi and Academia to avoid the queues, to the recommend us good restaurants or trattorias (which we prefer). We ate at Bussola and at Oliviero, both recommended by hotel staff and both amazing. Breakfast was good but not amazing for a five star hotel. The fresh fruit and freshly squeezed juices were very good, but there was very little variety of bread types. As many other guests, we had dinner at the hotel restaurant one time, because it was raining a lot, but I didn’t like our meal. I suppose that the hotel is not really prepared to serve meals, although it has a restaurant. There was very little choice, only two main courses, which were the same every day. In fact, I suppose that because most people, just like us, prefer to have dinner outside the hotel, they don’t really invest in that area. I think it would be better for the hotel and guests if it offers simple and good, light snacks, like omelettes, salads, soups, sandwiches, etc, instead of having an unprepared restaurant. I don’t really know if this small, nice and cosy hotel is a real five star hotel, but we highly recommend it.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
New York, NY
Reviewed 8 April 2010

We were in Italy on our honeymoon and staying at the Golden Tower was a highlight for us! The staff was especially warm, kind, and always helpful (EVERY one we spoke to treated us like a friend), giving us directions and making dinner reservations for us. The complimentary SPA is fantastic! The jacuzzi, showers, saunas, and fluffy robes and slippers....all of it was very soothing and romantic. Other perks: The breakfast was delicious, and I appreciated having access to the hotel computer to check my email whenever I wanted. The desk clerk stowed our bags for an entire day after we checked out, so that we could enjoy an extra day of sight-seeing.

The room itself was SILENT, peaceful, and the marble bathroom with all the amenities was fantastic. We received complimentary Prosecco and snacks in the early evening before dinner. The room also came with a hot water kettle and coffee and various teas, as well as robes and slippers, and a safe in the room.

The only (and I mean ONLY) minor problem I had was that the fire alarm hanging over our bed had a tiny little flashing red light that went off 24-hours a day. It startled me when I woke up in and saw it in the dark, but it is not visible with eyes closed. I noticed one over the front desk as well, so I imagine they are like this throughout the inn.

Other than that, I give this hotel my highest recommendation, and would encourage anyone visiting Florence to stay here! I will certainly stay at the Golden Tower next time I visit Florence!

holland
Reviewed 1 April 2010

I was suprised by the good service and kindness of the staff It really is a good hotel with everything you can wish for. I've been in many city's and many hotels this is one that stands out if you're talking about service. There so kind.
It is in middle of the centre.

• Stayed March 2010
Wiltshire
Reviewed 30 March 2010

We were welcomed by friendly staff and nothing was too much trouble, from arranging airport transfers to city directions and even suggestions were to dine. What can we say, 3 nights in the magnifico suite was truly 'MAGNIFICO'. Private use of the Spa was exceptional. We would highly recommend this hotel and can't wait to return.

Derbyshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 March 2010

We were greeted by name on arrival! Staff were friendly, helpful and enthusiastic; the room was very comfortable and extremely quiet. Beds and bedding were excellent, breakfasts very good with lots of fresh fruit. The small spa was a very relaxing place to spend a half hour or so after a day's sight-seeing. Everything was just as decribed, no extras, no catches. We didn't eat in the restaurant as there are so many places withing 5 minutes of the hotel. The location is very quiet but central - a few minutes stroll (past de luxe shopping) from the river, the Uffizi gallery and the Duomo. One tiny niggle: a small shelf in the bathroom to put toilet bags on would have been useful.