Golden Tower Hotel & Spa
Room Mate Isabella(Florence)
Hotel Esperanza(Florence)
  • Restaurant
1,417 results
All reviewsfree glass of proseccosteam roomdeluxe roompalazzo strozzifive star hotelquiet side streetour honeymoonfree mini barfabulous hotelevery eveningturn down servicehappy hourperfect locationwould highly recommend this hotelcity breakmajor attractionsthe heart of the city
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 June 2010

We arrived in Florence on a Friday afternoon in a rental car armed with a GPS device. Even the GPS couldn't find the location of this hotel, but eventually we got the car close enough to walk to the hotel and grab someone from the front desk to come with us and navigate our car to the hotel . The staff is friendly and nice. The room was beautiful, quiet, and comfortable. The only glitch that we had was there was no hot water during our stay. It appears that they had a problem with their hot water system and needed at part to fix it. The proper thing to do would have been to at least alert guests that there was a problem with the system. They did no such thing. When I asked about the water at the front desk they did tell me about the problem, and were very apologetic, but offered no compensation or remedy for our inconvenience. After two days of cold to luke warm showers I mentioned the problem again at checkout and the manager on duty after much badgering agreed to refund 20% of our stay. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Florence, but I would also tell them to keep their fingers crossed for hot water.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 June 2010

Although Florence was much more "touristy" than we had anticipated, this hotel was a gem!! Very welcoming and smiling staff were always available at the front desk. They ALL spoke English very well. The room was a basic double room, but it was very posh and yet very cozy at the same time. We walked everywhere from our hotel, to see the "David", to the Duomo, over the bridges to great restaurants, to the train station, etc.

I would highly recommend this hotel. One of the nicest we stayed in during our 2 weeks in Italy!!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 May 2010

My husband and I just returned from our Italy trip and this was one of my favorite hotels we stayed in. We were there on the 7th and 8th of May. The staff spoke great english and were very helpful with everything we needed. the location was great and I loved that everything was new. We had the room they show on their website with the rock wall behind the bed, it was a good size room (keeping european standards in mind) and was very romantic. The bathroom was super nice and the shower head rocked! It's of course not the cheapest place but if you want a new hotel with all the trimmings and a great location you won't regret the splurge. My only wish is that the Spa would have stayed open later so we could have had the chance to try out the hot tub!

Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 April 2010

We booked 3 nights in April and was very happy with everything. Location is perfect, 2 min from main square, but in very quiet street. All main attractions are close as well as shopping. Valet parking is also great thing. Rooms are nice, beds great. Staff very helpful. Very good choice for Florence..

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 April 2010

The hotel is brand new and is perfectly located for seeing everything and also for shopping. It's a small palace, beautifully renovated and nicely decorated. We’ve stayed in a classic double and my daughter and niece in classic twin room. The rooms were very comfortable, quiet and clean, beds and bedding were excellent, although, I must say, the double room was too small for a five star hotel and the bathroom was worse than the other one, equipped with a shower only. So I recommend the twin room instead of a double. The Staff were outstanding, extremely friendly, helpful and enthusiastic. They were always available to solve any problem, to make reservations for Uffizi and Academia to avoid the queues, to the recommend us good restaurants or trattorias (which we prefer). We ate at Bussola and at Oliviero, both recommended by hotel staff and both amazing. Breakfast was good but not amazing for a five star hotel. The fresh fruit and freshly squeezed juices were very good, but there was very little variety of bread types. As many other guests, we had dinner at the hotel restaurant one time, because it was raining a lot, but I didn’t like our meal. I suppose that the hotel is not really prepared to serve meals, although it has a restaurant. There was very little choice, only two main courses, which were the same every day. In fact, I suppose that because most people, just like us, prefer to have dinner outside the hotel, they don’t really invest in that area. I think it would be better for the hotel and guests if it offers simple and good, light snacks, like omelettes, salads, soups, sandwiches, etc, instead of having an unprepared restaurant. I don’t really know if this small, nice and cosy hotel is a real five star hotel, but we highly recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family