“One of a kind”

montreal, quebec
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“One of a kind”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

If want to ride with a high quality bike, this is the place
Great service, lots of directions, close to city centre ,

Visited May 2014

• Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Thai first
Northampton, United Kingdom
“The beauty of Tuscany”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

This was the only business in Florence I could find offering road bikes, so I took a day rental of the Willier Izoard. I booked on line but since you cannot pay online by credit card I then made a follow up visit just to be sure of my reservation. Not really necessary but I was given advise on routes and some crude maps whilst there. However when I arrived the next day there was no record of the booking. This could be a disaster in busy times, Fortunately bikes were available. A little chaotic but got me sorted quickly and I had a fantastic day climbing the hills and stopping to take photos of the glorious country side and pretty villages. The team are friendly, speak good English and try to be helpfull.

Visited April 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“Awesome ride, service as expected”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

We rented two carbon road bikes for a self guided trip to Greve in Chianti. The ride itself was great and is highly recommended.

The bikes were adequate quality and the technician took enough time to tune and fit them prior to our departure. The shop provides pdf maps on its website but they are not easy to use and there are lots of opportunities for missed turns. Further, drivers are aware of cyclists but with such narrow roads there is much less room for error so it is important to focus on the road, not a map. I transferred their map to my Garmin which helped a ton, but it would be more helpful if they would provide a downloadable file on the website or make some public files on Garmin Connect.

The bikes performed well except for a broken front derailleur cable which cost us some time. We were able to jury rig it to stay in the middle ring, switched bikes and returned to Florence via a flatter route. It would have been more difficult if we had much elevation change on the return trip. I would definitely rent from the shop again, but I would have a closer look to the bikes before departing.

Visited April 2014
East Lothian
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Excellent Quality and Excellent service”
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

We were truly impressed with the range of choice, quality of bikes and knowledge and helpfulness of staff at Florence by Bike. We wanted to head out of the city for half a day and they gave us a fantastic route perfectly suited to out abilities with the option to add on more if we wanted to. The operation is so slick, professional and yet so friendly that I want to go back just to ride some of their fabulous bikes again!

1 Thank AlexEastLothian
Boston, Massachusetts
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“perfect day activity for Florence”
Reviewed 27 December 2013

We went with this outfit for a day-long tour of the hills surrounding Florence. The staff, the bikes, and the route taken were all excellent. We stopped in a farmhouse and had a home-cooked meal there, which was incredibly good and especially satisfying after biking all morning. High marks all around, highly recommend!

Visited April 2013