“Good repair”

Wales
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good repair”
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

I was totally stuck having suffered a bent rear derailleur hanger on my flight to Italy. It seems every bike shop in the Arezzo / Montevarchi area was closed for holiday so had to try Florence. Very prompt replies in excellent English from Lia and good repair job at a fair price from Massimo. Nice people and recommended for repairs.

• Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Thai first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Bike lovers...don't pas by”
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

This is by far the best bike shop in Florence for service and for a vast range of clothing which is different from normal UK websites....I return back here every year and am never disappointed. They've now moved to new premises just down from their original location and this has only improved things. It's always a joy trying on winter tights in >40C.....thankfully the staff are very knowledgable and patient.

Visited August 2014
Union City, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great preparation and great ride out of Florence”
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

I am a avid cyclist/triathlete. The weekend before my visit to Florence I did an off road triathlon in Scanno, Italy. When I searched for bike rental opportunities for riding through Tuscany, Florence by Bike caught my eye. I sent an email and Lia helped me set up the reservation, which was easy and done through PayPal, in my case.

My apartment was near the Arno River so it took about 15 minutes to walk to the shop. This was not a problem since there were many bars(cafés) on the way to grab some fuel and espresso before my ride.

When I arrived Lia helped me finish brief paperwork, confirmed my payment, and a bike was almost ready for me to take. I brought my own pedals and shoes to make things a little more comfortable. The frame size was perfect, because they ask you for height/inseam during the reservation process, and I only had to adjust the saddle height a couple of times. They provided me with a helmet, water bottles, seat bag, and basic flat repair. I was impressed with the quality of the Wilier Trestina frame.

Lia recommended some locations to go to. I chose a more hilly route up to and passed Fiesole. I ended up using my iPhone to help navigate and didn't follow exact route recommended. If you're used to riding in city traffic (I'm from San Francisco) nothing is intimidating on the way out. Once away from Florence, the roads were quiet and smooth!

I highly recommend Florence by Bike. If you are a strong cyclist, head up passed Fiesole. It was part of the Giro di'Italia and the roads are still marked with some of the top riders names, very exciting. I only had 2 hours to ride but that was long enough for me to find some great roads.

Thanks for the great experience!

Visited July 2014
2 Thank scbiker
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Mixed Experience”
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

I've rented from Florence by bike before years ago. My email interaction was good with Ria but when I got to the shop, the shop guys did not know about my reservation. The Willier bikes were quite good even though they were a bit dirty and banged up. Upon returning the bikes, the shop guy inspected both bikes in front of me for dings or damage for quite a while which didn't make me feel that great. Bikes were good but wished my experience was better.

1 Thank Jeff T
Chatham, NJ USA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great shop”
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

The name of the shop almost put me off but it is a good local bike shop. Staff and mechanics were friendly and spoke English. They have a huge variety and quantity of bikes to rent. I was able to get a 57cm full carbon road bike with Look Keo pedals and they let me pick it up the night before so I could ride early without charging for an extra day. I used on of their suggested routes and had a great 40 mile ride in Chianti. Great experience all around!

1 Thank Juandows