“Home sweet home in Florence!”

Badia Fiorentina Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #223 of 659 Florence B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 November 2011

Although it has been 6 months since my trip to Italy I still remember this beautiful and comfortable B&B. I do not write many recommendations but the memory of how helpful and kind Bruno, the host, is inspired me to write this review. Yes, the location was perfect for me near the wonderful museums, Palazzo Vecchio, the Duomo and more! I was traveling by myself and found it easy to be in this area. It was safe and Bruno's recommendations for fantastic food were nearby. My room was so sweet with the large bathroom, just for me, across the hall. Everything was sparkling clean. It was quiet but you have the chance to meet other travelers at breakfast where we all ate at a large table. A favorite memory is walking two blocks down the street to an ancient cathedral where a classical concert took place. The sound was fabulous! I look forward to returning to Bruno's on my next journey to Italy.
Diane Scott

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank DianeS385
badiafiorentina, Proprietario at Badia Fiorentina Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2011

Hello dear Diane,
thanks for your review, it made ​​me very happy to read it.
I'm glad I helped to make your memory of Florence so special and I hope you is still the desire to come back and visit us. I wish you a Merry Christmas and happy New Year. Bruno

Reviewed 8 November 2011

Our entire wedding party stayed here in October and loved it! Bruno treated us like family and introduced us to a dessert wine/liqueur in which you must dip biscotti into = lovely!! We will be staying here again should we return to Florence in the future.

The location is perfect too, very central to everything = especially shopping and restaurants.

I would highly recommend staying here!!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are great!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 October 2011

We couldn't have wished for a better B&B than the Badia Fiorentina for our short stay in Florence. Centrally located and very clean. We were initially unsure about having a separate private shower and WC room across the landing from our bedroom, instead of an ensuite, but this was no problem at all. The proprietor (Bruno) was exceptionally friendly and helpful, always happy to make recommendations for our itinerary whilst also giving some useful tips to improve our italian.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 October 2011

The B&B was very well located in the heart of Florence, making it easy to pop in and out during the day. The rooms are small but quite adequate and as they do not face the road, they are fairly quiet. We chose airconditioned en-suite rooms with (tiny) bathrooms, again adequate and very clean. The host, Bruno, was very helpful, even setting up attraction tickets for us before we arrived. The breakfast was very good, (perhaps a little repetitive after 3 days, if we could be fussy!). Wifi was free, but only available in the lobby at reception.

Room Tip: Take en-suites.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 October 2011

My B&B Criteria:
1. Price – around 125 Euro per night for Florence (double bed, in-room private bath)
2. Central Location – Quick and easy to WALK to everything
3. Clean Room – Doesn’t have to be fancy, just clean
4. Honest – No changing prices or bait-and-switch

With that in mind, I have stayed at Badia Fiorentina twice now. It goes without saying that it met (and exceeded) my criteria the first time around so it was an easy choice to stay here a second time. This B&B is lovingly run by Bruno, he is a wonderful host and excited to help in any way he can – he truly enhances your stay. The price is right on at 125 Euro per night (double bed, in-room private bath in Sept. 2011). Tip – if you want to save a little money you can get a double room with external private bath directly across the hall for 110 euro per night (the bathroom is right across the hall – not down the hall – you get a key so you can lock your toiletries in there and not have to carry back-and-forth). The included breakfast is typical Italian. Each room has a TV and hair dryer. The location is amazing – right between the Duomo and Palazzo Vecchio – can’t be beat. The rooms are very clean and decorated in traditional Florentine style; the bathrooms are clean and modern. There is a little alcove in the B&B that has a refrigerator for guests to keep items in as well as a convenient “honor system” bar in which you can purchase pop/beer/wine. Also, there is a grocery store right next door which is convenient as well. Bruno prefers payment in cash (and I believe offers a discount for paying cash) – the price we paid was exactly as agreed upon and the rooms look as they do in the photos. I highly recommend this B&B and can’t say enough good things about it! Stop looking and just book it!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cynthia925
Reviewed 29 September 2011

A Very friendly and comfortable B&B in the heart of Florence.

An excellent place to base with a very local feel to it. We really enjoyed our stay here and our host was only too happy to help and advise us without being in any way intrusive.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed 11 September 2011

My wife and I stayed here for 5 nights. We had a nice room, snug and comfortable, with an excellent location in the middle of old Firenze - decent private bathroom just across the hall and complementary cups and teas available, as well as use of the refrigerator in the hall. Thanks to Bruno and his daughter's gracious care we felt welcome and at home. A hospitable place in a wonderful city. We would come back here again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple