“Excellent location.”
Review of Rosso 23

Rosso 23
Ranked #144 of 410 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 3 December 2013

The great location meant we could walk directly from the train station to the hotel in 10 minutes. Also very close to Duomo, markets, Ponte Vecchio and major galleries. The breakfast had plenty of variety. We had a room on the fourth floor overlooking lovely terracotta tiles, it was overheated making it difficult to sleep comfortable.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Assunta_Karen

Reviewed 21 November 2013

Stayed 4 nights here in Nov and I really must say that the location is superb. You can walk to the train station and to most major attractions. The breakfast was decent and the room was alright, just a little dark.

The only qualm about the room was the noise. Think the sound-proofing needs to be improved. We woke up whenever our neighbours made some noise, like showering and so on. Oh... the bathroom was pretty small too. Otherwise the bed was comfortable and the front desk staff were very helpful.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 November 2013

The hotel is located in a lovely square within 5 min from train station. The room was a good size with twin beds. Adequate bathroom. Reception staff very helpful. Needed to do on- line check in on our last day and were advised to use facilities at their sister hotel where they have a computer and the receptionist advised us to email our boarding passes to her and she printed them out. Breakfast was excellent with fresh espresso etc. would go back.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 November 2013

I WILL NOT recommend this hotel to anyone. The cleanliness was barely acceptable. The shower area was dirty and over-flooded slightly whenever we took a shower due to the design. The room was very dark and lighted up by two bedside lamps only. The brightest place was actually the toilet!

The reception on duty when I checked in was rather helpful, however on the day of our check out (a different reception attendant) as we were rushing for our train, there was a lady before me which seem to be requiring a slightly longer time and after waiting for awhile- I apologetically asked the reception if I could just pass him my key to check out as my room was pre-paid when booking with agoda and I was rushing for my train. Instead of answering my qns, he started to go on and on about how he can't help me cos the lady was here first. Of course he should help her out first and I perfectly understood that but as my room was pre-paid I just wanted to check out and rush for my train. I did not want to argue with him as it would just further delay my time.

Nonetheless, when it was my turn, he told me ok your room was pre-paid and I just have to pay city/tourist tax. Which if he had told me in advance when I asked, I could have prepared this while queuing to expedite the process.

To sum it up, what really put me off was the quality of the hotel. The attitude I was shown at my check out just made it worst.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Booked 2 superior double rooms for 4 nights One of which was small in size dark and grim. Charged the same - be careful when booking don't get room 309. Staff were unhelpful at all times with a surly attitude. !!!

Room Tip: Room 307 was bright and a good size but no view
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I stayed for 9 nights on business. I stayed in what I assume is a twin room / double room - the beds were pushed together to one double bed.
Bedroom was spacious with room for a huge bed, a table, a mini bar a closet and a safe.
The bathroom is kind of small, the shower is about 60 cm X 60 cm - not much room for moving around.
The location of the hotel is great! You walk out to Piazza Santa Maria Novella, 2 minute walk from the Duomo and the train station.
The room was very dark, only 2 lamps by the bed, and one on the desk.
There is free WiFi available, however you have to "refresh" the user once every 24 hours at the reception.
Breakfast was great and the staff was very friendly.
I heard from my colleagues that some of the rooms are very small, with no closet or safe, so be sure to check which room you are booking

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank AyeletI
Reviewed 19 October 2013

My wife and I stayed 3 nights with Rosso 23 in August 2013. The hotel was lovely a little dark, however I think that was more the charm the hotel wanted to create. We booked a basic room and that's what we got, can't complain about that, you get what you pay for. In terms of location it was great very close to Santa Maria Novella Station overlooking the lovely Santa maria Nouvella Square. Breakfast was good, however even though we got down early once a plate of food at the buffet was empty it did take some time for the staff to refill, especially cold meats and cheese. Location is fantastic. We walked to Duomo, Ponte Vecchio, Academia, Galleria Uffizi....everywhere. If you are taking the tour to Siena and San Gimignano,, the meeting point is just on the corner. Very friendly staff. I would recommend and stay at this hotel again

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple