“Delicious Steak, Hidden Gem!”
Review of La Burrasca

La Burrasca
Ranked #102 of 2,744 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: San Lorenzo
New York City, New York
“Delicious Steak, Hidden Gem!”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Our last day in Florence, after some early morning wanderings, we knew we had time before our train left. We originally wanted to eat at Mario (a highly recommended place), but there was a wait of at least 30 min. We ain't got time for that! So, we decided to wander around, looking for local hole in the wall type places, and stumbled upon Trattoria La Burrasca. Upon entering, we knew we wanted to try the Florentine Steak.

It is a small restaurant, with maybe 10 tables max. When we arrived, there was only one table in the restaurant. Upon looking at the menu (apparently the specials change daily), we were thinking of just sharing everything, so we were going to get the steak, and a pasta dish. The server, however, was very adamant that we not mix the pasta with steak, so we opted for a few sides instead. And obvs, we had some chianti and acqua. The steak is 35€ per kg, and as we had 3, we would received a 1.5kg steak. The waiter also did warn us that the steak is cooked rare, but it ain't no thang. They brought out the uncooked steak to show us what it'll look like, which got us hyped for it. Our sides came out, and were a little salty, but we only cared about the steak.

The steak came out, and was humongous. Imagine 3 tiny Asian girls trying to tackle this steak. Somehow, we were able to devour it, it was that good. The meat was super tender, the seasonings super tasty, and the rareness of the steak didn't hinder it at all. As we were finishing, we noticed a able of 2 guys gawking at our finished steak, I'd like to think that seeing us table it pushed them to order the steak as well. Definitely a hidden gem in Florence!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank linke26

• Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
“Will always be back”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Every time we travel to Florence, we make it a point to come here for the fava beans, bistecca fiorentina, and the pasta with the deer sauce. SO delicious. It's a tiny place, hole in the wall, but so quaint and delicious. MUST TRY!

• Visited September 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Magnifico!”
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I've been in Florence for all of 5 hours and I have been lucky enough to have eaten at this incredible establishment. Less than a 10 minute walk from my hotel, I was nervous upon arrival as the host/waiter asked if we had a reservation. It didn't seem to matter as he sat us and we proceeded to have an amazing dinner! The prices are more than affordable and the food we had was great! Like others have said, you cannot go wrong with the house Chianti. I still can't believe what we paid for what we got. I'd give anything for an inexpensive meal like this in the States. The main host/server works so hard to keep things moving, and even chases the annoying rose sellers out of his restaurant. If you're in the area this is a can't miss!!! Thank you for such a great experience!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Nick M
Haarlemmermeer, The Netherlands
“A little gem.”
Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

Good food in nice atmosphere. We enjoyed all courses. Good advice on wine.
Was very close to our hotel. We certainly recommend this restaurant. We will come back here during our next stay in Florence in june 2014.

San Jose, California
“Eat the ribollita and you can die happy”
Reviewed 8 March 2014

My friends lived around the corner to this trattoria, so we would go often. The herb chicken is AMAZING as well as the herb potatoes. One day my friend was outgoing and ordered the ribollita soup (it's a traditional tuscan bread soup). Its not very visually appealing but DO NOT be fooled. It has such a unique and rich flavor. I cry when I think about it. Anyways I went back a few years later and discovered its a fall season soup, due to the fact that it requires squash. So if you're in Florence in the fall/winter, I highly recommend you give your taste buds this pleasure. I made this my last meal in Italy before returning to the States.

• Visited September 2013