“Perfect”

Giannino in San Lorenzo
Reserve with
Giannino in San Lorenzo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #336 of 2,977 Restaurants in Florence
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: San Lorenzo
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Lovely restaurant with great food- good bread and olive oil- Nice staff.
Prices were reasonable, and wine selection was great.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,150)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had been waiting for our antipasto (just a table of salami) for about half an hour while the rest of the people continuing to be served regularly, probably they just forgot our order. Our food arrived staight away after I complained with the waiter. I was surprised (negatively) when my main course arrived: it was a different one from the one I ordered and, on top of that, it was served almost cold. I complained again with the waiter and he kept insisting that I received exactly the food I ordered, indeed! After a quick back and forth he offered me to change my plate, but then the 2 of us would had to eat separately. I kept the wrong order then. Another disappointing surprise was at the billing time: first they charged me also the money for my unordered pasta, then one guy come out from inside and put 5euros on my table. Really rude and unbelievable gesture, also considering that I have been charged 9euros for the pasta and they offered me 5euros back. Definitely my last time there. Really unpleasent experience.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We were one of the 1st 20 people to post a review of Giannino back in 2011 where we raved about the Food, Service, and Value. We were ripped off at a tourist place (high price, mediocre food) so we tried this place out on a whim. The experience was terrific and we kept going back having dinner there 4 nights, each better than the others. But now the inexpensive menus that changed nightly are gone. The servers efficient but not particularly friendly, and the food OK but not terrific. Oh well, a lot can change in 7 years. At least the Duomo is still there!

Reviewed 6 June 2018 via mobile

We went with a large group and had a private dinner upstairs, we didn’t get to pick our but everything they brought us was delicious. We started with meats and cheeses and then a chicken liver pate on bread. Then we had a ravioli in mushroom sauce and the main course was steak. The steak was cooked a perfect medium which is pretty hard to find in Italy. Apparently what is medium in the states is well done in Italy and their medium is more like rare.
Our service was good as well, not sure if it was because we were a private party but I certainly had no complaints about this place.

Reviewed 6 June 2018

Judging by the reviews you have to pick your dishes here. We chose pasta dishes which were good but not overly seasoned. We saw several of the florence steak meals come out (huge and very rare in the middle be warned). Tiramisu was not the best very basic.