“Salivating Culinary Experience”

Mangiafuoco Bracerie
Ranked #139 of 2,680 Restaurants in Florence
Price range: US$13 - US$33
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Cheap Eats, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: San Lorenzo
Florence, Italy
“Salivating Culinary Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

It's dark, not very well decorated, the waitress was dressed in a rock n' roll t-shirt so I was nervous walking in, but I saw the TripAdvisor Excellency 2014 Award so we went for it. What we received was a culinary experience!! I'm a novice foodie with Italian blood working in high end restaurants all throughout college and then some and a cook, what we received was everything I'd been dreaming of when coming to Italy. When I travel I want to meet locals and eat the food, I don't need fancy, in fact, I try to steer clear and go where the locals go. This place was filled with Italians, beautiful customer service and savory, delicious fresh homemade food. We began with the tomato bruschetta, crispy with powerful olive oil, flavorful tomatoes and basil. Simple perfection. Then we had two fresh pasta dishes: Pici al pomodoro and Spinach and Cream Raviolis. Again, simple perfection. Food Orgasm. We sat there in silence with sounds of pure pleasure escaping out our mouths. Lastly we ended with Brioche cookies and dessert wine. They are meant to be dipped into the wine and enjoyed. It was strong but a very enjoyable experience. I loooooove this place. I told the waitress to give my compliments to the chef. The chef personally came out of the kitchen and could not stop thanking us for our kindness. Thank you for what?!? Thank your for the remarkable food!!

• Visited August 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Bolton
“Great Find”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

This little side street restaurant was recommended to us by the hotel that we were staying in, we loved it and went back again 2 days later. The restaurant is a small family run place that is fairly priced. My son and I had the Florentine Steak (very large T-Bone) it was amazing, I can highly recommend that you try the Florentine Steak during your stay. The staff are very friendly and you get the feeling of being in a traditional restaurant rather than dining in a larger in-your-face chain restaurant. If you are in this area of town it is well worth a visit.

Visited August 2014
Toronto, Canada
“Love this place, excellent service, great value & price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

Great food and excellent service. The staff here is very nice, friendly, knowledgeable and spoke excellent english. The waitress asked me how was my steak fillet and I told her that it was a bit too rough, should be cut thinner and too chewy. She took the steak off my bill and didn't even charge me service charge. I love the service here and would definitely go back. The portions are large/generous, very reasonable prices and free WIFI too. Just ask them for the WIFI password . The wild boar pasta and duck pate appetizers was very good which was recommended by the server. Ask them for good local recommendations

• Visited July 2014
Baltimore, Maryland
“Tourist trap”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

We were in the neighborhood and looking for a place to eat lunch. Because of the good reviews we decided to go to this place. First we couldn't enter because they were still cleaning the floor (at 12:00). We then entered the dark restaurant that smelled like a washing room. Amused by the cheesy interior and the terrible music (Music TV), we were hoping that the food would make up for the not so positive impression we got so far. The caprese was acceptable but the pasta tourist menu far off italian standards: overcooked spaghetti (not al dente) and very bad carbonara (burned bacon). This was definetly the worst food we had in italy. We cannot understand how this place got so good reviews.

“Great "local" restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

My wife and I really enjoyed this spot - it's far enough from major sites to have the feel of a neighborhood restaurant - relaxed, reasonably priced, friendly service - a great value. We split the Florentine T-Bone steak - what a treat!! And whether here or other restaurants in Italy, we found the house wine to be delicious and a real bargain.

Visited June 2014