“Upscale place to stay in Florence”
Review of Hotel L'Orologio

Hotel L'Orologio
Ranked #41 of 421 Hotels in Florence
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Upscale place to stay in Florence”
Reviewed 16 April 2011

We stayed here for 2 nights with a family of 4 (2 teenagers). It was very nice…sleek and modern. It was an easy walk from the train station and an equally easy walk to all of Florence’s big sights. Breakfast was very good. They have a classy-looking bar downstairs although we didn’t get a chance to use it.
As a sidebar…I emailed the hotel and they made reservations for us at the Accademia and Uffizi…that worked fine. However, anyone that does this needs to be fully aware of what is paid for in this process. The hotel provided us with museum reservation paperwork…and told us, at the time, that we would need to “pay cash” at the museums, but upon checkout, one of the other staff members expected us to pay (at the front desk) for both the reservations and admission to these museums. She maintained that the “reservation” included admission…this was not the case at the museums where both museums required me to pay when I was there. The hotel made us a reservation and that was it…not admission. I sorted it out with the hotel staff (I had receipts from the museums), but I thought there was going to be a throw down. That shouldn’t dissuade anyone from the hotel…it was just a sidebar about fully understanding what you’ve paid for.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 5 April 2011

This hotel was such a treat for us. We fell in love with it the minute we walked in. The location couldn't be better, a 5 minute walk from the Duomo and Train Station. Check in couldn't have gone any smoother, front desk staff was so friendly. They recommended some great dining options. Rooms were clean and modern, with advanced technology, all in the heart of Florence. We paid a little extra for a view of the Duomo, well worth it. Bathroom had beautiful skylight that opened with a switch. Free internet and breakfast were just icing on the cake. The bar area was stunning with great service. I wouldn't change a thing about our experience at this property. I hope our travels bring us back to this hotel in the future.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 1 April 2011

I travel a fair bit internationally for work and this hotel is by far the best hotel I’ve ever stayed at in Italy, and one of the highlights of my travel year. The room I had was quite spacious and extremely clean. The design of the hotel is contemporary and it is one of the few hotels’ I’ve visited that exceed their marketing photos. The location is great, it’s a five minute walk from the central train station, all the main tourist sites are within walking distance. I would definitely return to this hotel on future visits to Florence.

Room Tip: 5 minuite walk from central train station
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 24 March 2011

Hotel L'Orologio was a treat to stay at. I couldn't have asked anything more for my stay in florence. Where to start.

The hotel location is superb. 5 min walk from the train station located right on the square and easy to find. Walk out of the hotel and you'll see the Duomo at the end of the side street. Having a straight shot to the Duomo makes getting there and getting back effortless.

The rooms were great. Nice hardwoods. Great beds (except for being two twin beds pushed together). Huge clean bathroom with a rain shower (very cool) and heated towel racks. Even without a view our room had plenty of light and didn't feel cramped or small at all, felt quite cozy.

Breakfast is on the top floor and looks out over the square and the cathedral. Great on sunny days.

The staff was superb. They gave us directions to a park to run in as well as information about local attractions. I asked them to send a bottle of Prosecco from the bar to the room as a surprise to my fiance and they sent up strawberries as well.

All in all this was a fantastic place and I will most likely stay here again without even looking around on my subsequent trips to Florence.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
bridgewater, ct
Reviewed 17 March 2011

We only stayed 2 nights with 2 teeenagers but it was our best stay in Italy! I am a light sleeper and these rooms were the best in quality and quietness. You are centrally located but you could hardly hear any street noise, not the same experience at hotels in Rome and Venice. We had booked a package through Avventure Belissimme and this was a homerun!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 7 March 2011

I really enjoyed my stay in this hotel. I stumbled into it because the bar looked lovely. I was surprised at the reasonable room rates, EUR110 for a room and EUR 230 for a junior suite. I loved the design of the suite and I decided to cancel my reservation at Westin Florence. In fact, I loved it so much that I extended my stay in Florence.

Lorenzo is an amazing bartender. He was friendly and helped me plan my dining experience in Florence for 5 dinners. I loved all the restaurants that he suggested. The front desk was equally amazing. I really enjoyed the personalised service at this boutique hotel.

The only downside was the breakfast room tended to run out of utensils and cups. But the waiter was polite and tried his best every day to keep up.. poor guy. The breakfast was nice and there is a lovely view of the Piazza Santa Maria Nouvella.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 16 February 2011

Service, rooms, breakfast and hospitality excellent. Beautiful decor and warm, welcoming bar.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends