“JUST EXCELLENT!”
Review of Hotel L'Orologio

Hotel L'Orologio
Ranked #42 of 409 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 11 November 2011

This was by far the best hotel we've stayed in our trip to Tuscany and Rome. The location is great, very central an at the same time off the crowds. It's at Piazza Santa Maria Novella and about 5min walk to the Duomo.
The installations are new, modern and beautifully decorated.
The rooms are great, super clean and the bathroom is modern, in marble and also very spacious.

Breakfast is great and you have a beautiful view of the Chiesa Santa Maria Novella from the breakfast room, it's a great way to start the day.
Another good thing about the hotel is that you don't get the feeling of staying in a super huge hotel with an endless corridor with lots of apartments, which makes it very cozy too.

We've had some drinks at night at the hotel bar and the Cosmopolitan was the best I've ever had, we came back the other night for another Cosmo and again just perfect as the ones of the previous night. (both bartenders - a gentleman and a lady) really knows how to make great drinks. (The Martini was also perfect).
Highly Recommended, definitely will stay there again when back to Firenze.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Linha

Reviewed 11 November 2011

This has to be the best in Florence. It's chic and comfortable. Excellent location. Great rooms and loved the water effect in the bar area! Breakfast was included and they offered good quality and good selection of food. Staff couldn't have been nicer! We had connecting rooms as a family of four - fabulous space. Only issue if I had to find one - room lighting could be improved. Only other downside - we were there for just one night. Will definitely stay there when we go back to Florence.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Bob H
Reviewed 7 November 2011

We stayed the first two nights of our honeymoon at Hotel L'Orologio and I would go back in a heartbeat. You are in a great location, very close to the Duomo and all of the Florence sights. The hotel feels very new, with nice room amenities and views of the Duomo. The breakfast room is gorgeous and on the top floor of the hotel. Even the bar with the outdoor seating is fantastic. We found all of the staff to be very helpful and made our stay very enjoyable.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CaliforniaKatie2
Reviewed 5 November 2011

We had a great stay at the Hotel L'Orologio. The hotel was great quality and good value for money, particularly at the height of the tourist season. It was listed in the Tripadvisor top-10 for Florence which initially attracted us and I can say it exceeded expectations.

We had a large, well appointed room with a great view over the Piazza di Santa Maria Novella. There are many good restaurants near-by and it is an easy walk to the major sights of Florence. The continental breakfast was fine and never too busy.

This was our favourite hotel of our trip and we really couldn't fault it. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Allan B
Reviewed 2 November 2011

This hotel was absolutely beautiful--I had chosen it based on the trip advisor reviews and the reviews were right on target. The hotel was lovely--common areas (the bar, lobbies, breakfast room,etc.) were beautiful and the rooms very well appointed, quiet and clean. The bedrooms were a bit smaller than we were used to in a high caliber hotel in the US, but that was to be expected in Europe. The bathrooms were spotless, luxurious and large. The hotel employees were uniformly helpful and welcoming. The location was perfect--it was within walking distance of the major tourist attractions but a little bit out of the way of most of the hustle and bustle. I would highly recommend this hotel and will definitely stay there again on my next visit to Florence.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the piazza. Our room was absolutely quiet but I did read a review that sta...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Susan K
Reviewed 30 October 2011

My wife and I stayed here on our honeymoon in September 2011.

I'll come right out and say my biggest complaint was the bed. I know Italian hotel beds tend to be firm, but this was ridiculous. It wasn't just firm, it was practically made of stone. I suffered badly on the bed. I hated the bed. My wife does not have as much trouble as I do on an uncomfortable bed, but she agrees that the bed sucked.

The location is excellent, it is a short walk to the major Florence attractions, the train station, and plentiful dining. However, there is one serious problem with the location: two sides of the hotel face the Piazza Santa Maria Novella. In the Piazza there is an ambulance station. Do not be surprised to hear the wail of sirens outside your room at totally random hours.

The staff were excellent. They were very helpful, they spoke perfect English, and they were friendly. We thought the bar was very attractive and stylish. The general appearance of the hotel is attractive, clean, and modern. The room was all hard surfaces - marble and hard wood, making me wish for a little bit of carpet or something soft. Nonetheless, if it wasn't for the bed I would have been perfectly happy with the room.

Room Tip: Bring your own pillow. Better yet, bring your own mattress!
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank boulderkc
Reviewed 30 October 2011

All the positive comments that other reviewers wrote are true. Nothing more to add. I love the location; the hotel is only one short block away from a self-service laundromat and 5 minutes walk from a full service laundromat. I travelled for one week within Italy before coming to Florence; I had loads of laundry and it was less expensive to give them to a full service laundromat. I give a four star instead of five because at some point, I got dizzy due to the hotel's overwhelming air perfume used inside, especially in the lounge area. Another small gripe was there was not hair conditioner, but there was a bath foam; and my room didn't even have a bath.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple