“Great Location”
Review of Hotel L'Orologio

Hotel L'Orologio
Ranked #48 of 410 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 6 August 2012

My daughter and I stayed here for 2 nights. The location is great. Everything is within walking distance. The hotel room has a very high ceiling and it was near renovated. It is the best hotel we stayed in Italy. 5 minutes from the train station and tour bus meeting location. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Lisa L

Reviewed 5 August 2012

Last city on my 3 week Italian getaway, and I am impressed with the hotel. Classic design and the rooms are really gorgeous. They are huge (in comparison after staying in Rome and Venice) with very nice beds and showers. Am very fussy on my beds, and their mattresses and pillows are pretty good. Strategically located next to train and bus station so it is very easy for the traveller to just pop-in (could be easier if they actually hung a sign board outside the hotel !!!). What could be better ??? Well, friendlier reception - the were rather cold. Breakfast was ummm, served but I'd rather skip it, housekeeping is patchy at best and they tend to direct you to overpriced restaurant (so many other great ones that are 1/2 the price of their recommendations). Other than that, please proceed with your bookings. Those small matters could be fixed.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mozii
Reviewed 5 August 2012

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 3 August 2012

This is a beautifully decorated hotel in a great location, situation in the Piazza Santa Maria Novellata just 5 mins walk from the station and close to the Duomo.  All the main attractions are within walking distance, and the staff were very helpful with maps and advice.

Our room was stylish and spacious with a lovely marble bathroom with picture frame bath, and good products.  The bed was comfy and the air con worked, so after long days sight seeing we slept well.

The breakfast was good with a reasonable choice, make sure you have drinks in the bar, as the  snacks are great.

Although most of the attractions are central, it is worth getting the tourist bus  which goes into the hills above Florence offering fantastic views of the city.

I would definatly  recommend this hotel, and certainly return, the two nights we stayed were not enough.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2012

My husband and I visited Florence in February and loved the hotel. The rooms were modern and elegant and the hotel was lovely. It is centrally located and within walking distance of the train station. The hotel staff is very friendly and the hotel's bar is lovely and the bartender's make great drinks and treat you as if you were family. I will definitely choose the L'Orologio for my next trip to Florence.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2012

I don't usually give a 5 star rating for a hotel but I absolutely loved my stay at this hotel and it was my favorite hotel of our trip to Italy. The only other thing they could have done to make us happier was give us our room for free(lol)! From the moment they noticed us trying to come into the hotel with our huge bags to the moment we checked out the staff did everything they could to help. If you are looking for a great hotel convenient to the train station like I was, I recommend this hotel whole heartedly! Sorry this review is so long but I always write information that I wish to hear about from others rather than "this hotel is great" type reviews....I will only post a few photos because this hotel still looks very much like the photos on the website and here on trip advisor.

Now on to the tips-----

It is amazingly easy to find this hotel from SM Novella train station. When you get off your train, just go straight out of the train station, bear left out of the station, and walk past the taxis so you are facing the Mcdonalds across the street. Follow the pedestrian traffic across the street/crosswalks to your right(as soon as there is a break in the taxi), and you will begin to approach a church and touristy junk stands when you cross a couple of small streets. Once you've crossed the streets and are standing on the sidewalk facing the church, turn left and walk around the corner, so the church is on your right side, and passing the vendors. When you come to the end of the church to the right you will find yourself in a piazza, look to the left, you will see the hotel there! It's easy to overlook, but it is easy to spot if you look at the photos others have posted. There is no obvious sign for the hotel! I would have overlooked it if it wasn't for what others have said it looks like! The walk can't be more than 10 minutes, and it is hardly worth taking a taxi. As long as your suitcase can stand the brutal cobblestone streets you'll be fine!

This hotel is amazingly quiet. Only 1 English speaking channel, (BBC I think...common in italy) but the TV has an hdmi port (newer model samsung flat screen) that I could hook my phone to to watch whatever I wanted to through my phone (thanks to great wifi) to the tv to help me relax and sleep in the evening. With the curtains drawn (they draw them in the afternoon) the room is dark and cool and you could sleep all day if you wanted! The bathroom was wonderful with marble everywhere (huge tub, with bubblebath!). The AC was perfect. Small mini fridge with the usual drinks. Robes and slippers. The Wifi was fast and easy to connect to with your name and room number. We booked a jr suite with balcony, room 501 I believe. The balcony overlooked housetops, which wasn't particularly impressive but it's beautiful at night or in the morning for breakfast (too hot any other time). Breakfast was pretty common from what I found in Italy but they had a great fruit selection that I loved, cut up pineapple, cantaloupe and watermelon (since italian scrambled eggs just aren't my thing)! The front desk can reserve tickets to the Accademia for you so you don't have to stand in that long line! Those in reception always had a helpful answer or were willing to call to find out information for us and spoke great English.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 August 2012

This hotel is very nice. Since I have been traveling around Italy during a heat wave...I can also say the air conditioning in my room was really great. Nice standard room with very large bathroom and ample closet storage. The room was quiet and very comfortable but a little dim for lighting. The front desk was very pleasant and accommodating. The free breakfast was very good as well. Nice bar restaurant downstairs. The location was very good for walking to attractions. Just an overall very good experience. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple