“Horrible salad”

Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Santa Maria Novella
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

I ordered insalata di mare, I like vinegar but a half deciliter is too much. Olive oil tasted cheap with lots of acid, did not help with the salad and with bread neither. The salad was chopped poorly, so a knife and some work were really needed. The seafood was low quality, probably canned? The good things about the place were that it was open between lunch and dinner times, when the places I would have preferred were closed, and that the food came fast. However, I would have preferred to wait and the kitchen do the chopping.

There are newer reviews for Ristorante Pizzeria Maso'

Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

Walked by on our way looking for a different back be causing it looked inviting! Great pizza and great service, very affordable! I would eat there again if I was back another time in Venice!!!

Reviewed 7 March 2014

I liked the food....the ambiance...the charming owner and his professional staff. As a Florentine living abroad I would have liked to see more locals than tourists in this Restaurant/ Pizzeria but then again you cannot help it by its location!! Bravo Maso ...I will be back on my next visit!!

1  Thank Davide64_11
Reviewed 8 January 2014

We were recommended to go here by our B&B host if we couldn't get into his list of other spots. As it was a Monday night this turned out to be the only place open from his list. The food was fine although by Tuscan standards I would just say it was average. It would garner 4 stars easy in most American cities but based on it's local competition I can only give it 3. Service was cheerful and helped steer us toward what the kitchen was better at. Wine list was reasonable if a bit small (again compared to other places). This was the only place we ate at on our visit that clearly had more tourists in it than locals. Not sure what that says about it except that they were probably like us--staying near Firenze SMN and on Monday night there were few options.

1  Thank JA R
Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

Food is amazing! First day we ate pizza and it was great. Next day we ate pasta and it was excellent.. you get a full plate of pasta where on many other places are usually small portions. Service is decent, friendly and also very fast and skilled. Everyone who have an opportunity should go and try their fantastic food. Earned five !

1  Thank Da_Sergio