“Mediocre at best”

Neighbourhood: San Marco
Boca Raton, Florida
“Mediocre at best”
Reviewed 12 October 2011

My first night in Florence I was in major need of wine or food....or both. So I went walking and thought it was perfect timing passing by this place because I was about to bite someones head off if I didn’t get one or the other soon.

Nothing on the menu was really calling out to me especially with their prices. I got a glass of the house red to help me mull over what my first meal in the city would be. I ended up getting the eggplant parmesan and it was average. I think I've had better food from frozen entrees but it was edible so props to that. Service was meh, we had to call him over each time we needed something. The atmosphere leaves alot to be desired-they have a nice outdoor seating area but seemed like the location is where all the city busses convene so lots of noise, distractions and skeevy people.

I would go here again if nothing else was open but wouldnt make a special trip to try the food here.

• Visited September 2011

• Turkish first
Vancouver, B.C.
“Holy Awful, what a Rip Off!!!”
Reviewed 6 October 2011

All I can say is I accidentally went to this restaurant sitting in there Patio & had the worst service, the worst food & when the Bill came... My Can of diet Coke cost me 5 Euros.... Yes! What a Big Rip off! No wonder they're rated this far down! Don't Go, it's the worst tourist Trap in Florence!!!!!!!

1 Thank soulparis
Flower Mound, Texas
“Great pastries and the best gelato we've had in Italy”
Reviewed 22 September 2011

While we were waiting to get in to the Galleria dell 'Accademia, we went around the corner to the Piazza San Marco, where we were lucky to find the Gran Caffe'. We had a couple of so-so sandwiches and a couple of fabulous pastries. After our visit to the museum, we had to return for the gelato. The chocolate was divine! So rich and creamy! Unfortunately, the restroom wasn't as nice as the food.

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank Holeman_157
Pareklissia
“Tourist trap of Florence”
Reviewed 26 August 2011

Rip off if put politely.
Beer 11 euros.
Pasta aglio olio (requested) 14.50 euros compared to a lovely place opposite the Palazzio Pitti (last one going north) at 6.50 euros
Whiff of drains adds to the destaste of the place.

1 Thank mcp-11082
“Expensive”
Reviewed 2 July 2011

The Gran Caffe San Marco
This is very expensive. We bought 4 small ice creams, 2 cokes, pear juice, a glass of water , & a coffee for a grand total of €47.50! This is probably the reason why we only saw foreigners in this cafe. I felt robbed!

2 Thank Jamesmayall