“Cosy hotel in the perfect place”

Hotel Palazzo Guadagni
Ranked #45 of 421 Hotels in Florence
Huelva, Spain
“Cosy hotel in the perfect place”
Reviewed 25 February 2014

If you look for a luxurious or a design hotel in Florence this is not your place. But if you value a perfect location and a great value/price accomodation where to stay after sightseeing this beautiful city, this could be a perfect choice.
This old Palace has what is needed, a spacious and well disposed room, a decent breakfast well serviced by a professional staff.
Its location might be one of the best in Florence, because is very lively, close to must-see places (Palazzo Pitti, Capella Brancachi or Ponte Vecchio), surrounded by enoteques and trattorias, whilst not being noisy.
Good value!

Room Tip: Try second floor with a view to il Duomo and Palazzo Vecchio
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GorgueA
Ferdinando B, Responsabile reception at Hotel Palazzo Guadagni, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Dear Guest,
thank you for taking time to write and share a review about Palazzo Guadagni on Tripadvisor.
We are so pleased that you had some a good time with us.
We look forward to your next visit
Kind regards
Martina

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We stayed at the Palazzo Guadagni for 5 nights in February 2014. Having booked well in advance we had a choice of rooms and, following an exchange of emails with the hotel, opted for room 8 for the views. We were not disappointed. The picture postcard rooftop vistas of the city and Duomo from both the bedroom and bathroom exceeded our expectations. Having said that all the rooms we were fortunate enough to view during our stay were special in their own, but different, way.

This hotel is not high class luxury but it oozes old Italian charm, elegance and hospitality. The staff could not do enough to make our stay as enjoyable as possible, providing advice, booking restaurants and taxis. It is difficult to imagine staying at another, or better, place in Florence.

Ivor

• Stayed February 2014
Dear Guest,
thank you for your detailed review. I am very glad to read your words of appreciation.
We are very glad that you positively got impressed of our Hotel, its facilities and staff .
I hope I shall welcome you again on your next visit to Florence.
Best regards
Sandbach, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

My challenge when reviewing this hotel is based on completing the review either culturally or as a hotel.

The reason I booked the hotel was because of its history, 16th century building in a quiet and historical part of the city away from the commercial activities.The location met my expectation, the building fascinating and the room likewise.

We booked and were helped with Martina, who completed a superb job, booking me into the room she described, high ceiling, painted in the decor of the time, overlooking the piazza with a balcony to take in the views. On the top floor a terrace where you can drink a glass of wine, with superb views across the region.

For pure culture, exactly what I booked , I received.

As a hotel and surrounding area, I would rate the "experience" quite differently- perhaps a 2

Firstly there are many stairs and a tiny lift, this may put off some visitors.
Secondly the service was average, I mentioned my mini bar / fridge was not cold twice and not repaired.
Breakfast is basic, coffee not great and a 2€ supplement for a better quality one.
The local piazza is home to many dogs, drinkers and a resident vagrant group. At night what should feel like a quaint traditional area feels run down. The 1st floor houses language students so they sit on the steps outside the church alongside the vagrants, drinking into the night.

As such the evening can become noisy for those wanting to sleep before 23:00
The morning is no better, with the church bells starting to chime and the market stall traders setting up from 6am-

We left, tired and with a feeling of what might have been.

BUT- I had not booked for a modern, double glazed hotel in a chic modern area of Florence - so received what I wanted. A most majestic room,,with character second to none....

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank CarricktoRome
Alpharetta, Georgia
Reviewed 12 February 2014

We stayed here for two nights back in May 2012 while vacationing in Florence. The hotel is a great value, as it is very affordable considering how highly-reviewed it is. It definitely lived up to its reputation!

The hotel was easy to find, and its location - the Santo Spirito neighborhood just south of the Arno, very close to Pitti Palace - is very nice. It is close enough to the city center to be convenient, but far enough away to be quaint and quiet. It is located on a palazzo with several good restaurants. One in particular (Osteria Santo Spirito) had food so good that we went there several times.

The staff are all polite and accommodating. Prior to our trip I asked them about how to go about getting tickets to Uffizi and Accademia. They booked reservations for me, which I really appreciated.

The room was quite large compared to our other stays in Europe. The bed was comfortable, the surrounding area was quiet at night, and we had a nice view from our window. The complimentary breakfast was pretty good as well. Perhaps the best part about the hotel is the rooftop garden bar, which is large enough for many people to enjoy, and provides a nice view of the surrounding area.

We highly recommend the Palazzo Guadagni!

Room Tip: Rooms on the side away from the palazzo are quieter
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Paris, France
Reviewed 10 February 2014

We stayed one week . Staff always very kind and efficient, lovely atmosphere of an historic fiorentine palazzo, perfect location for us - away from crowd and few min. walk to main sights. We suppose difficult to find better with such a reasonable price.

Room Tip: Inform about your own criteria (quiet, easy access, outside view, etc ) when booking, as in such an...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Ferdinando B, Responsabile reception at Hotel Palazzo Guadagni, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Dear Guest,
It's a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay at Palazzo Guadagni.
I’m sharing your kind words with the entire team.
We look forward to your next visit,
Kindly,
Wisconsin
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I booked this based on the Trip Advisor reviews and I'm glad I did. It's a great find, reasonably priced, great breakfasts, unique rooms, comfy beds, etc. One night we grabbed some wine and food and ate in one of the many beautiful lounging areas. One night we "bar hopped" in the Plaza - many have free food from 7-9pm! Definitely enjoyed our stay in every way! Staff was wonderful.

Room Tip: We were in room 10. Large and nice. Same floor as breakfast and lounge areas.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Ferdinando B, Responsabile reception at Hotel Palazzo Guadagni, responded to this review, 7 February 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your kind review and for letting us know about your experience with us.
We look forward to welcoming you again when in Florence.
Best Regards
Milan, Italy
Reviewed 31 January 2014

This was my first stay at Hotel Palazzo Guadagni, but my 4th to this charming neighborhood and Piazza Santo Spirito.

The location is perfect for my preferences, away from the crowds on a beautiful square lined with cafés and restaurants and a daily outdoor market.

There are many great restaurants within a block or 2 from the hotel. It is close (5 min. walk) to the river, and just on the other side of the river are all the main sights in Florence.

The hotel is set in a historic building directly on the square up on the top floors. There is a 2 person elevator to take you nearly the whole way up- you have to climb maybe 10 steps to get to the hotel door once off the elevator. Easy, but folks with mobility issues may want to know that.

The staff were lovely and helped us get settled in our room and also showed us the covered loggia overlooking the square and the sunny breakfast room.

I was traveling with a friend and room #7 was perfect for us. It had 2 large windows with a beautiful view of the Boboli gardens and Palazzo Pitti and the surrounding rooftops. There was excellent storage and plenty of space to spread out including a small table and 2 chairs. The bathroom was very large and sunny with colorful Italian tiles and a skylight.

Breakfast was simple and plentiful. (pastries, fruit, yogurt, meat and cheese plate, cold cereal, coffee and juice) The coffee was just ok to me- but that would not keep me from coming back! The dining room is stunning- I couldn't get over what a beautiful space it was. We ate late (10 am) and had the entire dining room to ourselves.

I adore this neighborhood and am thrilled to find a new place to stay when visiting Florence- perfect location, warm welcome and beautiful quiet rooms. I am looking forward to returning with my family soon and trying out one of their family rooms.

Room Tip: We had room #7 which was large and sunny and quiet, overlooking Palazzo Pitti and the Boboli Gardens...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends