“The Best of the Best!”

Guido's Tours - Wine Tours in Tuscany
Ranked #35 of 141 Food & Drink in Florence
More attraction details
Owner description: Wine tasting tours in Tuscany. Wine and country tours in Tuscany. Educational wine tasting tours in Tuscany with certified sommelier, wine and olive oil expert
London, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“The Best of the Best!”
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Be in no doubt that Guido is the absolute authority of Tuscan wine when you book with him. We had a full day touring some of the gems of Brunello and the whole experience was organized to perfection. A great mix of vineyards (rather than the traditional one or two ‘celebrity’ sites) an excellent lunch, amazing wines and a very very knowledgeable host all combined to make an unforgettable day. Guido’s English is excellent, as is his experience in wine making, and of course, tasting. We had a wonderful day and would whole heartedly recommend his tours. We will be back for more next year!

Visited August 2013

Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A must-do for a Florence/Tuscany trip”
Reviewed 22 July 2013

I have now had the pleasure of being on two trips with Guido--a tour through Chianti with my family, and a tour through Montalcino with friends. Both groups agreed, hands down, that our day with Guido was a highlight of the trip. Guido plans every element to make your day perfect. His knowledge is seemingly endless, and you spend the morning driving through the gorgeous landscapes of Tuscany while learning about the wines of your destination. Every winery he selected has been more unique, charming and gorgeous, with charismatic winery owners to give you a private experience through their winery. He ensures that you see other aspects of your chosen region, whether stopping at an 11th century abbey, still in use, for a visit, or stopping at various Chianti towns to allow for exploring. He is professional at every turn, and takes an obvious pride in both his homeland, as well as ensuring the very best experience for his guests. I cannot recommend him highly enough, and if I'm lucky enough to find myself in Tuscany for a third time, I'll likely be booking yet another tour with Guido.

1 Thank LittleItaly551
Huntington Beach
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Fantastic Day”
Reviewed 20 July 2013

Guido met us at the dock of our cruise ship in Livorno. There were four of us and we had more than enough room in his comfortable van. He was born and raised in a small town in Tuscany so he definitely has local knowledge. We toured the beautiful Tuscan countryside as Guido gave us an amazing education on the Chianti and Chianti Classico regions. We stopped in San Gimignano which is a wonderful medieval town. Guido dropped us at a wonderful Osteria where we had a great lunch on our own. We then stopped for wine and olive oil tasting before heading back to our ship. This was a very full day, from 8:30 am to 5:30 pm and was worth every penny. Guido is extremely personal, fun, and knowledgeable and you will leave him knowing you have made a new friend.

Visited May 2013
Rochester, NY
“Tuscany Wine Tour”
Reviewed 12 July 2013

My family and I just got back from a Mediterranean cruise. At the Florence stop we decided to go on a wine tour, one of the best decisions we made. Guido was fantastic and very knowledgeable. We visited 2 different wineries, stopped in a small town and had lunch along the tour. The vineyards were both uniques and fastastic and the food was amazing. I would suggest this tour to anyone who is considering it. It gives a different perspective of Italy and gets you away from the crowds.

Pleasantville, Ohio
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Great day in Tuscany!”
Reviewed 29 June 2013

My husband and I had a very limited amount of time in Tuscany, as we were arriving on a cruise ship docking in Livorno for a day. I researched several sites from a Google search for a tour guide in Tuscany, and found Guido's Tours. Guido responded the same day I had requested information, with a comprehensive email of everything that Tuscany had to offer, some suggestions of things to see, and a breakdown of the costs of a private tour. I'm so glad we went ahead and booked with Guido!

We shared our tour with 2 other people (4 total) and were met at the pier just steps away from where we disembarked. Guido was prompt, and we were able to leave the pier before any of the huge buses full of tourists from the many ships in Livorno that day. Since we had our private guide, we were able to get to San Gimignano before the tour buses vomited out their loads of tourists, and were leaving ready to move on as buses began unloading. Guido took us to Castellina in Chianti, San Casciano, Villa Montepaldi for a wine tasting, and to Pisa before we went back to our ship. We had asked for a traditional Tuscan lunch, and had a lovely lunch in a beautiful restaurant that wasn't American fast food. The wine tasting was quite enjoyable, and since Guido is a sommoelier, we learned a lot about Chianti Classico wines, local olive oils, and the history of wine making in the region.

We were able to see a nice overview of Tuscany without feeling rushed at all, and had a very enjoyable day. We were dropped off right at the pier at the ship in plenty of time before the ship left Livorno, and were never concerned that we might miss our departure time. Overall we had a great day, and I would highly recommend using Guido's Tours in Tuscany.