“excellent off the beaten track.”

Osteria Cocotrippone
Reserve with
Osteria Cocotrippone is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #950 of 2,875 Restaurants in Florence
Price range: US$31 - US$43
Cuisines: Italian, Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Excellent fresh food, delicious wine. nice family run place that will not serve anything bot at the market in the morning. Tagliata perfectly cooked and delicious. Not touristy, a nice quality in Firenze.

Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Me and my wife just came back from a lovely dinner at the family runned Osteria Cocotrippone. The pasta and the Fiorentina steak was great and the family who runs the restaurant had big smiles on their faces throughout the evening. Also, don't miss out on the spinach side dish!

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Stumbled upon this restaurant, which is way off the beaten track and away from the central attractions. Typically Tuscan family run Osteria (although not good English spoken) offering a very tasty and reasonably priced set lunch menu. The pasta starters of asparagus penne and wild board ragu were really good followed by equally tasty saltibucca (a veal dish with proscuitto and cheese) and veal ossobucca, all served with a side. HIghly recommended and well worth a visit If you find yourself in this area.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

I went in alone because I'm traveling solo and wasn't sure what to expect in this small neighborhood restaurant. The server greeted warmly and found a large table for me to sit at. I ordered the house red wine and a carbonara pasta dish. The meal was delicious and I enjoyed the music and atmosphere. My favorite thing was the panna cotta with drizzled caramel. It was creamy and delicious. Before I left, the chef asked me how my meal was in Italian. I told him "Perfecto!" I'm not sure if that's Italian or Spanish but I think the smile on my face said it all. What I loved about this place was their friendliness and I felt comfortable there. The best service!

Reviewed 13 October 2013

We could easily have walked past, as the plastic chairs outside are functional rather than welcoming and typical around most of Florence. Fortunately our party of three happened to walk past as two locals were being served their wonderful smelling fresh pasta dish. It was our last day in Florence and as we were celebrating a birthday also, we thought it would be a nice to end our weekend trip with a decent lunch. So glad we did ! The food was fresh, tasty and reasonably priced. The staff were friendly and helpful, the service was excellent, and the restaurant itself was charming. Between us we ate pasta with marrow, a stew and beef with sauteed potatoes all beautifully seasoned and well cooked. We all agreed it was delicious.The fresh strawberry cream cake ended the meal perfectly. Highly recommend this charming restaurant.