“two visits - two very different experiences”
Review of Caffe 'Del 900

Caffe 'Del 900
Ranked #93 of 220 Dessert in Florence
Cuisines: Italian, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Santa Maria Novella
Reviewed 27 July 2013

first night with wife and daughter: attentive service, good crisp pizza, beer on tap, salad with fresh greens and vegetables, espresso.
two nights later with wife and three teenagers: lame service, soggy pizza, same salad with half the ingredients... we skipped desert and coffee

Reviewed 7 July 2013

Well worth a visit great value for money authentic Italian food at great prices pizzas a must. .. seek it out good location too

Reviewed 22 June 2013

We stayed in Florence for a week and this was the first place and last place we ate. The first day I was absolutely starving, having just landed off the plane and I was in the search for a decent food place. We struggled to find any food places at first, then finally we came across a few that I didn't like the look of, then on passing down the riverside I thought there's a cafe. I wanted something quick and easy, rather than a restaurant and this was in the perfect place at the perfect time. We were greeted really well and shown to some seating outside. The food was nice, the service was really good and the surroundings were nice. It was in the high and narrow street of historical florence. The last visit was on the last day and I wasn't quite so hungry, I was actually very tired and not really into food. However I saw the need to have something to eat before our flight back the next day and it was getting late, so I know I needed to eat something. I went back and again the service was really high quality. I can't really give the food a rating on the second time because I really wasn't that hungry. It was however decent and I would have eaten more of it had I been hungry. There was really too much for me at a time when I wasn't hungry. Overall though there was one consistent reason why I went to this place. I did not want a restaurant because I wasn't in the mood for waiting around for food to arrive. The first time I was starving, the next time I was tired and didn't want to walk too far. This Cafe is perfect for those reasons.

Reviewed 12 June 2013

I ate here my last night in Florence with my wife. We walked in around nine on a Monday and a few people were still doing the aperitivo. It looked like it mainly consisted of dishes with meat so we opted to order off the menu. My wife had a salad and I had a prosciutto and mushroom pizza. We also split a half bottle of the house red wine. My wife enjoyed her salad and I thought my pizza was by far the best I had during this trip. We got some gelato to go and I highly recommend the cream flavor which worked really well with the other flavor I chose which was strawberry. The service was prompt and friendly and the restaurant was comfortable. My only complaint would be that our table wasn't balanced. It was a great experience and food for two with wine and dessert cost us 23 euro which was really affordable considering how expensive Florence can be.

Reviewed 10 June 2013

Loved the ambiance here, friendly, patient staff who let me order in Italian without steam-rollering me with English as soon as I arrived. Food was good, fresh, quickly served and very reasonable. I can't think of any drawbacks!