Casa Schlatter
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Free Internet
Hotel Regency(Florence)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsgreat grandfathergelatonelson mandelaamazing hospitalitymain living roomart loversb blovely homeplace to staya wonderful staycomfortable stayevery morningbeautiful citycroissantstrain stationalessandrosupermarket
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Alessandra is an amazing host & the property is quaint & spotless. We really enjoyed our stay & Alessandra was a great help with our lost luggage, no thanks to Air France. It is a little outside the city center - but quick bus ride. You will not be disappointed at Casa Schlatter!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michzev1
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Florence was our favourite destination in Italy, and it was because of Casa Schlatter and our hostess Alessandra. It was so beautifully decorated; it was a real treat for us to stay in such a special, unique B&B surrounded by art and antiques. it was also spotlessly clean and very carefully organized. Alessandra is a very careful, particular proprietress. Her standards are the very highest.
The real treat for us was the tips she provided on where to sightsee and where to eat. Alessandra is a sophisticated, warm person who knows the City as a local. We did exactly what she said (seriously!) and had beautiful, magical adventures and many unforgettable meals.
I am celiac and Alessandra prepared a gluten-free breakfast for me every morning. These were delicious. She would make savoury things to suit her North American guests and would also provide a variety of pastries (gluten free for me!). I still remember her fruit salad with exotic fruits like fresh figs and pomegranate seeds. She took so much care to make each breakfast special and suitable for her guests.
I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Florence. I hope to visit again.
Thank you Alessandra!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sarah I
Reviewed 22 September 2013

We stayed at Casa Schlatter in late August - in the midst of a Florentine heat wave - and we were totally comfortable and beyond happy with our decision to stay at Casa Schlatter. AC in the bedrooms was a surprise (somehow I missed it in the description).

The house is amazing. It really puts you in the mood of Florence - with the wonderful art and perfect decor.

Our group included my immediate family (husband and two small children), mother in law, sister in law and nephew. We rented the whole place and it was more room than we could have ever needed. My family took the master suite in the front, and even with it facing the main street out front, it was quiet and comfortable.

The kitchen is small, but that meant I got it to myself - which was easier in the end. We ate out for lunch and dinner (Palazzio Vino? - as recommended by Allesandra - was THE best meal we had throughout our stay), but the kitchen was perfect for breakfast or snack, etc.

Loved the outside green space for the little girls. Lovely Italian woman upstairs cooing over our 2 year old just added to the charm!

It is a bit of a hike to the main locations, which only was an issue because my mo.-in-law has some issues with her back and legs. But we ended up taking cabs frequently, and it wasn't that expensive.

Also... we borrowed a big, fat van to get the 7 of us to the place from our temp residence in Switzerland. I've gotten used to European driving, but even with the massive van, the drive to the place was easy and parking was a breeze.

Allesandra was so kind to us throughout - she welcomed us when we arrived, recommended dinner options, didn't seem squeamish about leaving her lovely home in the hands of people with a toddler and a 4 year old, and even texted to make sure all was well and tell us about the mosquito repellant.

Only negative was the mosquito bites... but that was our fault alone. If you come in late summer months, no matter where you are staying, bring mosquito repellant and use it liberally. There is a pharmacy nearby that sells an Italian Calamine lotion equivalent... but better to not get them in the first place.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We stayed here for three days and we totally enjoyed the stay. It's a bit from away from the centre, but the buses No.10 and 17 (every 5-10 mins) to the centre made our stay so much easier.The owner Alessandra is super nice and she recommended a few good local restaurants (not on tripadvisor)to us.The house is very homey and nicely decorated. Highly recommend it!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 September 2013

My partner and I stayed at Casa Schlatter for the second time this year, and the second go around was as delightful as the first. The owner, Allesandra, is warm and welcoming, and her property is very charming. It is light filled, spotless, and in a very convenient location. The awesome artwork around the space adds that "touch of home" that makes traveling so much more relaxing. Stay here!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple