“Very ordinary ”

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Duomo
“Very ordinary ”
Reviewed 25 May 2013 via mobile

I'm a solo woman traveler in Florence and was passing this cafe one wet and stormy day. I was eager for a hot meal and so decided to eat here. I waited 10 mins to get any attention and then a menu landed on my table. The waitress was busy and more interested in the groups of customers, with more money to spend than me. There was a great deal of shouting orders from the door at the guy behind the counter. I was going to exit when I finally was approached by the waitress. My order came and the food was just OK but I did notice a older couple got bread and condiments on their table which again I had to ask for. Overpriced and over rated. Would not return or recommend it..

1 Thank LindaS63

Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada
“Just like (if not better than) your Mamma makes it!”
Reviewed 16 May 2013

Nicola has created a beautiful atmosphere in the center of Firenze! My friend and I where backpacking through Italy and ate there almost every day! It's right beside the Duomo, so there's no reason to miss it! The atmosphere makes you feel like you've just been adopted into an italian family! The food is impeccable, while still being reasonably priced. Their passion about the quality of their food, as well as their attention to detail has made this THE place to eat in Firenze. Find it and go!

P.S. I recommend the Nutella and coconut gelato. And the kiwi and parmigiana salad! And the eggplant panini. But honestly, you can't go wrong with anything there! Enjoy!

• Visited May 2013
Nanaimo, Canada
“A Must while in Firenze!”
Reviewed 15 April 2013

My girlfriend and I travelled around Italy last July for 3 weeks, 2 of which we stayed in Florence. We would deterimine where we would want to eat on a few key things firstly, "How cheap is a litre of white wine" secondly, "What was the atmosphere like" and thirdly, "How friendly was the staff?" When we approached Nicolas restaurant we were warmly greated and spoken to with such care we decided we must eat there. We ate there 5 times. Nicola always remembered who we were and always gave us a warm, happy greeting. He is a fanastic owner/server and makes everyone feel welcome. We were truely sad to leave and on our last night in Florence Nicola gave us a very thoughtful parting gift. I truely hope that we get to one day go back and enjoy great food, great wine and great company!

Please go to Nicolas restaurant, La Sosta de' Golosi if you're ever in Firenze!

• Visited July 2012
Vancouver, Canada
“Favourite restaurant in Firenze!”
Reviewed 9 April 2013

Nicola's restaurant was one of my favourite memories from my trip to Italy last year! I think we went there four or five times throughout our two weeks in Florence, because we loved it so much. Not only was the food fantastic, the service was incredible. We would stay for a few hours each time we went, enjoying the nice patio and atmosphere, delicious dishes, lots and lots of wine, and most of all, Nicola's company. He is the owner of the place and he is out there serving, cracking jokes, and making friends with all of his guests every night. We ate there on our last night in Florence and he even sent us off with a very thoughtful parting gift, in addition to some big bear hugs! **Cheers Nicola, hope you read this and know that Jessie and I have some very fond memories of you & your restaurant! :)

• Visited July 2012
Winnipeg, Canada
“Delicious Food Experience With Great Service”
Reviewed 29 October 2012

We had the wonderful opportunity of visiting the beautiful city of Florence in October. We found this place called La Sosta de' Golosi. We didn't know what to order and our server Nicola suggested a meal that was fit for a king... He was so friendly and the prices were so affordable. Great food, Great Wine, Great Service. Thank you Nicola for the fabulous experience. Your Canadian Visitors

• Visited October 2012