“A quick stop”

Cuisines: Italian, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Duomo
Reviewed 23 March 2014

My wife and I stopped because I needed a drink to warm up, it was a rainy evening and the cold and humidity was getting into my bones. I had a brandy and my wife had a pistachio gelato. She had been having pistachio gelato everywhere for about ten days, and she claims this was the best. Service was very friendly and they even warmed up the brandy glass before serving.

There are newer reviews for La Sosta de' Golosi

Reviewed 25 February 2014

I have been fortunate enough to spend several weeks at a time in beautiful Florence and this is by far my favorite place to stop for snacks, drinks, lunch and even gelato. The atmosphere is light, bright and clean and I have always found the service to be very attentive. The owner is always welcoming, friendly and accommodating to our needs and wants. The food is delicious, I have loved ALL the small plates I have tried, especially mini pizzas & sandwiches. If you happen to be there for lunch I would suggest the roast beef with roasted potatoes (to die for!!) and you cant go wrong with the margarita pizzas. I have enjoyed many Aperol Spritzs here... perfection! I will be sure to make it one of my very first stops when I return to Florence this summer.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

There is enormous choice of cafe and eaterie in Florence, whilst this is very close to the Duomo, that is no excuse for being inattentive and overpriced, especially when what you serve can be found delivered with more honesty and integrity elsewhere.

We visited at around 4pm on an October day, tired from a good central walk. Our party consisted of my wife's parents, and my wife plus our two small children aged 4 & 5, so a mixed bag of clients! we are open minded and were aware this place was trying to be a cut above the random independent cafe's. However we found ourselves like other reviewers, ignored initially (although 3 staff at least were working), then our order of 4 coffees, a plate of biscuits and OJ's for the children was taken. Then we watched for a good 20 mins whilst every other order had been made and sent out (food meals mainly). It struck me that this was poor organisational skills considering how quick our order would be to fulfil. In any case when it did come the drinks were welcome, but then the bill was €35 - seriously??? yes.

honestly if you visit Florence, just go somewhere that is more interested in your business and receive a more rounded and fair exchange of service.

1  Thank parmantom
Reviewed 8 June 2013

Not next to the Duomo but only 2 or 3 blocks west and within view. I was traveling with two friends and we arrived mid-afternoon by train; hot and tired from Pisa. However, it was a beautiful afternoon so we went for a walk as soon as we checked into our hotel and looked for a place to get a quick, light lunch. We had a panini and two salads. All were delicious. A cold beer and a bottle of water followed by some of the best gelato we've had in Italy. Service was friendly and efficient. Prices were reasonable for the location. Would recommend to anyone looking for a late lunch near the Piazza del Duomo.

Reviewed 25 May 2013 via mobile

I'm a solo woman traveler in Florence and was passing this cafe one wet and stormy day. I was eager for a hot meal and so decided to eat here. I waited 10 mins to get any attention and then a menu landed on my table. The waitress was busy and more interested in the groups of customers, with more money to spend than me. There was a great deal of shouting orders from the door at the guy behind the counter. I was going to exit when I finally was approached by the waitress. My order came and the food was just OK but I did notice a older couple got bread and condiments on their table which again I had to ask for. Overpriced and over rated. Would not return or recommend it..

1  Thank LindaS63