“Excellent food and much better than we remembered it.”
Review of Gusta Osteria

Gusta Osteria
Ranked #400 of 2,907 Restaurants in Florence
Price range: US$12 - US$37
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Santo Spirito / San Frediano
Description: A charming & authentic dining experience in the heart of Florence, Italy. Short menu, changed weekly, of freshly prepared dishes typical of the region.
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Came here 3 years ago and the food was quite average after reading the reviews we decided to give it another go. Luckily they had a table when we arrived. Crostini with parma ham, artichoke and parmesan. For the main we had a meatball with roast potatoes. Amazing tomato sauce. A bottle of house wine and a very good price. Oh and pear tart to finish. I would recommend this highly and hope to come back in this visit.

Reviewed 4 April 2014

We have just returned from a trip to Florence and although the archetecture and the surroundings are world class I have to say that the best part of the trip was our two vists to Gusta. We found the resteraunt by mistake but what a mistake the food was fantastic I had the Lasagne and my good lady had the meatballs. The Staff where fantastic and made us feel at home straight away when we returned the recognised us and just a pat on the shoulder was enough to say welcome back.There is so much to do in Florence but if you get the chance check this little Trat out its like tasting the City enjoy.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

We walked into this restaurant after a walk around the area. We were not disappointed. It was friendly and the food was also very nice.

Reviewed 8 February 2014

The restaurant was recommended by the owner of the Florence apartment we stayed in. She was a local so we tried the place. It was Saturday night and we had no reservations so we had to wait for at least 30minutes for a table. We ordered drinks while waiting. Servers were nice and actually gave us some appetizer bread. We sat on the outside tables which we didn't mind because we were starving. I ordered the gnocchi which was excellent, good flavors. I highly recommend this place. Definitely not a tourist restaurant where you feel the food is so commercial.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

We were looking for a place to have an authentic Tuscan meal when we found this gem. It's a very unassuming, small place but luckily they had a table for us. Myself and my boyfriend went for the Tuscan tasting menu which was about €30pp and included a bottle of wine as well as the food as we thought it sounded very good value. Turned out to be fantastic value as the wine was lovely and the food amazing. It was nice as I tried dishes that I would not have ordered for myself and loved them all. The steak was my favorite which is saying something for someone who has eaten 2 steaks in the last 15 years as never used to like it, however it was served pink and so tender. Our friend chose dishes off the main menu and they also loved their food. I would love to visit this place again if I return to Florence (which I would love to do!).

1  Thank Mary E