“Best place to stay in Florence”

B&B La Dimora degli Angeli
Ranked #11 of 661 Florence B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 September 2013

We really love our stay. The room was always smelling so good, and it's large, clean and beautifully decorated besides the view of the Duomo. Shower is great, bathorrom is beautiful and spacious.

I think that's the best location in Florence. Very central, next to the Duomo and very near Uffizi, Piazza dela Signoria, Piazza dela Republica etc.

Breakfast is served outside the hotel, less than one block away, and it's delicious and you can have it any time of the day. Perfect.

Staff is very helpful and friendly.

The only tiny con is that we could hear other guests talking on the corridor.

I would highly recommend this place.

Room Tip: I think the rooms in the end of the corridor must be more silent.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,018)

Reviewed 10 September 2013

This is the perfect place to stay if you want to be in the heart of the city. I was a little nervous when I got to the door, because it looked like an apartment building and was in such a busy part of the city, but it was absolutely perfect for us. The staff were so friendly and helpful, and the room was very clean and actually very spacious for Europe. We had a window that looked out on the Duomo (if you stuck your head out the window), and even though we were right near the Duomo, the room was still very quiet without any street noise. I will say that you are very close to your neighbors - the rooms are very close together and feel much more like rooms in a house than a hotel - but that didn't bother us at all and we never heard anyone else while in our room. We liked this place a lot and would definitely stay here again if we wanted to stay in the touristy part of Florence.

Reviewed 8 September 2013

We stayed at Bianca room of La Dimora degli Angeli for 1 week.
It was make living atmosphere.

I got baggage lost at air port. Mr. Claudio and Ms. Stanisrava kindly helped us to back my baggage. And, all staff seemed friendly.
We chose this location, because it exists between station area and the historical center of Florence!
It was very useful for my husband and me, because he had a job nearly station.
This option was perfect! When he worked weekday, I could enjoy shopping, sightseeing, the Modern Art Gallery and sketching near river. We could walk on foot everywhere. Our room has a great view! Every morning we saw sunrise color of the Duomo and sunset color with carrozza sound.
This B&B had modern designing interior, good amenity goods “olive oil”, and cleaning service every day, teas/coffee a large bowl of fruit & biscuits available 24 hours all you can drink. Every day flower arrangements were changed! Especially, a cafeteria, Robiglio we have breakfast were so great! Every day we enjoyed our breakfast at the historical and local café with local businessman and people. I tried speaking Italian there!
After he went to job, I went to the market, and then I enjoyed lunch time at the room, cheese, salami, some vegetables, coffee and biscuits.
In the evening we went trattoria at Fenza street some times.
If we backed to Florence, we will stay here again!

Room Tip: good view rooms seems comfortable.
Reviewed 7 September 2013

I stayed at another B&B in may that I thought was superb but was off the beaten path and then stayed at another hotel near the Santa Croce that was good..BUT I must say in all my travels that I could have not picked a better place to stay in a major city. The location was absolutely perfect and the rooms were just perfect as well. The beds comfortable, the rooms immaculately cleaned, showers strong, service top notch,etc... I will be coming back in may with 8 people and we will be staying no where else but Lamora!!!!!

Room Tip: There is a long walk up the stairs but fear not there is a nice convenient elevator to get up and do...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I love this place so much I don't even want to tell you all about it.
The staff is very warm, courteous and helpful.
The location is central, safe and fun.
The bed was very comfortable.
The room clean and quiet.
The breakfast coupons are generous and at a highly rated location. Easily you would pay 20Euro per person for what was included in the price of my room.
The small comfortable dining area offers fresh fruit and coffee 24 hours a day at no extra charge.
The price for all of this was very reasonable.
If I ever return to Florence I will be staying here again without hesitation!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Clean and beautifully decorated rooms. Location was perfect. Bathroom spotless. Tea and coffee room a great idea. Fresh fruit and yummy biscotti. WLAN works perfectly. Reception was very helpful. I find it a bit difficult to submit 200 characters.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights. Was not very sure how this place would be as we chose this b&b last minute without reading any review. When we arrived we were checked in by the owner who was very sweet and helpful.Our room was a contemporary style lovely tiny room with high ceiling and a huge window facing the road. The room was very neat and clean and really well made.There was a common area which had a huge dinning table and a small kitchen where throughout the day you could have fruits , tea/ coffee and biscuits.There were wine glasses for people to drink as well.The wifi was excellent.The location was fabulous as duomo was 2 minutes walking distance as well as the shopping places and the station was a 10 minute walk . The owner of the place was very interactive and ready to help your needs.The breakfast was not served in the b&b however he gave us a coupon to eat in a near by cafe .This place is a gem , very tastefully made and would suggest any one to stay here