Position, position, position. The real estate agents' watchword really applies here. This was a wonderful B&B in the heart of Florence, just 100 metres from the Duomo, (see photos), and about a ten minute walk from the station. The walk was flat (look for the passageway under the square) but on typically uneven flagstones which certainly tested the wheels of our suitcases.
The B&B is on the 3rd and 4th floors of the building, and has been extensively modernised, including much-needed double glazing. We were greeted by Roberta who gave us a map, highlighted the places the visit, and suggested some places to eat. The map showed us just how perfectly placed we were, with all the major attractions within just a few minutes walk.
Our room was beautifully clean and modern, with plenty of space. The public area included a top of the range coffee machine, but also had as many varieties of Twinings teas as I've ever seen, along with fruit and a big dish of almond bread.
Continental breakfasts are served at a place around the corner - you're given vouchers, and there's plenty on offer. Only one slight downside: the wifi
was a bit flaky, even with extenders in the hallway, but at least it was free.
We paid around €175 per night - which we thought represented excellent value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Dimora degli Angeli is a charming and intimate B&B with a view, in a beautiful setting with a view of the Cathedral, private bathrooms and the highest quality comforts.Each room has its own style, with unique wallpaper, furnishings and decor with different influences and design, where everything comes together to create a place for the experienced world traveler.La Dimora degli Angeli is located in the old quadrilateral of Roman Florentia, in via Brunelleschi 4. The 19th century building has windows facing piazza del Duomo and piazza San Giovanni, providing the opportunity to admire the Cathedral, Brunelleschi's Dome, Giotto's bell towers, and the S. Giovanni baptistery directly from the rooms.This B&B has twelve rooms on 2 floors, a free-tea room available to customers, 24 hours a day and free Wi-Fi at no extra charge.In a warm and welcoming environment, you can relax and enjoy the beauty of Renaissance Florence while experiencing a vacation with the comforts of home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda and Priceline so you can book your B&B La Dimora degli Angeli reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bed And Breakfast With a View La Dimora Degli Angeli
- b&b With a View La Dimora Degli Angeli Hotel Florence