“Not the average Tuscan vacation”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Loving Italy

Loving Italy
Ranked #155 of 331 Tours in Florence
More attraction details
Owner description: We're a husband-and-wife team specialized in fun and informative art, history, food and wine tours throughout Italy. We can get you past the crowds and into private wineries, gardens, castles and historic villas. From a 3-hour museum tour to a 3-week tour of Italy we'll take care of all the details -- transfers, touring, lessons, visits, hotels and BnBs....and we will see to everything personally. You'll get great stories, advice and our personal insider's look into Italy that will add an extra dimension to your trip!
San Diego, California
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Not the average Tuscan vacation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2012

Most travelers visit Florence and Siena when going to Tuscany, but I would like to recommend the more rural northwest region of Tuscany. We spent two weeks in a tiny medieval village north of Lucca and took day trips to many similar little medieval villages dotted around the region.
It was a beautiful trip. Hardly any English is spoken in these areas, so you will need your dictionary. You will also need to rent a car. There is plenty of history and a sufficient number of beautiful old cathedrals to visit. The food and local wine was delicious ... and inexpensive.

Barre, Vermont
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Italy - Everyonone must go there at least once!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2012

I am just back from 2 weeks in Italy and on a scale of 1 to 10, I give it a 100! Yes, it was that increditble! The people were so warm and friendly - any attempt to speak Italian just turned them into lovely friends! Getting around was so easy - we stayed in Florence for a week in an apartment arranged through Untours which was perfect as Mary Jane from Untours picked us up at the airport, got us settled in the apartment, did a walking tour of the city with us next day and dinner that night. It was a perfect introduction to the beautiful, beautiful city. With our map and bus passes, we were able to get around and see everything on our list. We spent a half day at Fiosole, a full day on a day trip to Sienna, San Giomano, a wine tasting tour at Casanova in Chianti country and another half day wine tasting at 3 different placesnext the which we booked on our own through Boston Travel right there in Florence. From Florence we went to Lucca - ahhh, lovely Lucca - for 2 days where we attended the Pucini concerts both nights at the duomo - so perfet!, then on to Coniglia in Cinque Terre area for 3 days, and then took the train to Pisa for our last day before we flew home. I had myself in such knots before leaving and it was amazing to have it end up being so easy to do it all. I over-packed and ended up sending 9 kilos of stuff home via express postage (only option in Italy) as having to navigate train station stairs with over-packed suitcase was going to result in chiropractor services upon return. A very good lesson for me (should have taken advice given here by someone to pack light - next time I definitely will!) And it really wasn't that expensive. I'm telling everyone in my life they have to promise to go there. It is just beautiful - the people, the history, the ancient architecture, the artwork, the food, the wine, the gellato, the cappucciinio- you just have to experience it. I'm going back in 2014! Have to go to England in 2013, however Italy waits for me!

1 Thank BBCBarre
Baltimore, Maryland
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Amongst the storm, there was a light!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2012

After experiencing some logistical challenges, our hotel provided the services for a private tour through the wine region in Chianti. We were without luggage & still had no car - in the middle of one of the most beautiful wine regions in the world. Both Rina & Scott arrived at our hotel for the half day trip. The four hours were magic and the time together relinquished all of the turmoil we had experienced. It was a fantastic combination of wine & castles for a great time.

Two days later, with still no car of own our own, we called them once again to experience an all day experience in Sienna. Oh what a day. The two of them work so well together. We gained so much insight on a vast amount of aspects when traveling to Italy, while also experiencing great times immersing ourselves into a unique culture.

Thank you Rina & Scott - we hope to see you again real soon!

Kamuel
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The spirit of Aloha found in Italy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2012

We travelled as a family of four to Italy, our first trip to Europe and was so happy and grateful to Rina and Scot for their help in planning, securing our great apartments and being our guides in Florence and Rome. They passionately shared their knowledge about all of the historical sites and the best places to eat pasta and gelato. They were referred by friends from Hawaii who gave high praise and said that we would love their company and they were absolutely right.
We spent 9 days together, saw and learned so much about Italy and most of all made two great friends filled with ALOHA!
We highly recommend Rina and Scot not only for their knowledge, professionalism and kindness but for making a first trip to Italy for a family from Hawaii a most memorable one!

Warmest Aloha!

A

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Sue N
Spartanburg, South Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great shopping experience in Florence”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2012

Shh...Best shopping experience in Florence. Maren is lovely and polished and showed my Florence from a local perspective. After carefully communicating with me beforehand, Maren was prepared in the short time I had to shop to provide me with a wonderful, credible shopping for all the items I was looking for. End results were perfect. Will count on Maren again to lead me to other great finds in the future. Thanks.

Visited July 2012