“Wonderful Wine Tour”

Tuscan Wine Tours by Grape Tours
Ranked #2 of 149 Food & Drink in Florence
More attraction details
Owner description: Tuscan Wine Tours is a trademark by Grape Tours tour operator. We organise fun and educative 1 day wine tours starting in Florence. Super Chianti, Wines & Villas and Tasty Tuscany are full day excursions guided by our specialist guides. The tours include visits at high quality farms and lunch in a splendid location is always provided for. Wine Time is a half day tour that includes visits & tastings at 3 wineries in the Chianti Classico region including a light Tuscan meal. We also run 1 day private tours to several different wine regions, always with a wine specialist.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase
Reviewed 31 May 2012

Rebecca and Pierre provide very knowlegable information about the wine we drank, giving us an appreciation for the wine, wine country, farmers and as a connoisseur. It was a very pleasurable trip being is was a small group (8) allowing us to ask questions and get more personalize attention. Lunch was great too, as well as the cheese and chocolates provided at the wineries. The side trip to Greve was awesome too.It was nice to seat back and let someone else drive while we took in all the local surroundings. Money very well spent! Thank you Rebecca and Pierre.

1  Thank justmeNc
Write a ReviewReviews (2,579)

Reviewed 31 May 2012

We really enjoyed our tour with Luisa on Monday. She was so professional, fun, and very knowledgable about wine. It was a pleasure to be on tour with her. My husband was very impressed with her ability to discuss wine. We can see it is her passion. She truly represents The Tuscan Wine Tours quite well. We had a wonderfully diverse group of 8 total and she did her best to involve everyone!

We went to one small vineyard and one larger one. The scenery was absolutely gorgeous. The wine was good as well. There was no pressure to purchase, but the wine was so good you really wanted to purchase.

Highlight of the tour for my husband was meeting Dario Cecchini. Such friendly people and such good food! the meatloaf and pulled pork were delicious. Not much of a fan of steak tartar so I didn't taste but the others said it was good. Don't worry if you are vegetarian as there is ome thing for you as well.

Do not waste your time going on those large tour buses to visit wineries. Go with people who know and love what the do! This tour is not to be missed,

This tour made our vacation to Florence quite memorable indeed.

Reviewed 31 May 2012

Living in Italy, I have become somewhat of a wine enthusiast (though I started from scratch...). I have been on numerous wine tours, half days, full days, single and multiple vineyard tours, have gone with student groups, private tours as well as large and small groups. I, along with my mother, took this tour with Rebecca in December of 2011. The tour was, and still is, the best, most enjoyable and informative that I have been on to date. We were lucky enough to have Rebecca share her vast knowledge of wines, wine tasting, wine production and olive oil with us throughout the tour. Our tour was small, there were 9 of us including Rebecca (the other 6 were all married couples). We booked very last minute and were thrilled that she was able to accommodate us, especially around the holidays! We visited both a small vineyard and a large one. At both locations, the guides (there was a guide from the vineyard in addition to Rebecca) were extremely knowledgable and the wine was exceptional and abundant! In the first vineyard, Rebecca led us in a wine tasting where we learned to taste and appreciate the wines that we were tasting. Our stop for lunch was in the small town of Panzano. Here, we met the famous butcher, drank grappa with him, and had a typical tuscan lunch with many dishes and plenty of wine. We ate in a cozy room above the butcher shop with long tables and were served family style. All of this was included in the price of the tour, and unlike other tours that I have been on, we were not coerced to buy from any of the places we visited. It was truly one of my most memorable experiences in Tuscany. We made another stop in a tiny medieval town on the way to the smaller of the vineyards. We stopped for a coffee and cookies in a cafe that was opened just for us! This afternoon pick-me-up was also covered by our guide. We made yet another stop on the way back to Florence in the small town of Greve, where we were given the option to stop at a small wine bar with light snacks. The wine tasting was not included, but offered a contemporary way of tasting with three varying size glasses, self-service. This tour was an excellent, not only to learn about wines, but to have a typical tuscan meal and see many places in the tuscan country side. I cannot recommend this tour highly enough and I hope that you will enjoy it as much as I did with my mother. Sorry for such a long review, this truly was a wonderful tour!

Reviewed 30 May 2012

We did the Chianti Castles wine tour with Rebecca while we were staying in Florence last week. There were 7 of us so we had a private tour. It was such a great experience and one you shouldn't miss. The wine tastings were great and visiting the castles you got a great sense of the history. Our lunch was amazing and included one of the best lasagnas you have ever tasted.

Reviewed 30 May 2012 via mobile

Had a great day out, our guide was friendly, informative and not at all pushy. We were surprised at the friendliness of the vintners and lunch was amazing (you will not go hungry! We sadly had to leave some).

Oh and we don't usually like tours, so if you are unsure and like wine & food, go for it.

1  Thank lukepage