Hotel Mulino di Firenze
US$263
US$306
US$274
  • Breakfast included
Hilton Florence Metropole(Florence)(Great Value!)
US$156
US$125
  • Room Service
Hotel David(Florence)
US$208
US$198
1,175 results
All reviewsfree shuttlewater millarno rivershuttle servicewater wheelbeautiful hoteljacuzzi bathhotel shuttlesister hoteltuscan countrysideour honeymoonsuperior roomthe hotel offerstown centrehighly recommend this hotelquiet locationpastries
Reviewed 16 June 2011

I have to state that I booked this hotel but did not stay at this hotel. When I arrived to check-in, I was told that due to the unusually heavy rains, the junior suite I booked for 6 nights was damaged. The staff kindly arranged for my family to stay the entire 6 nights at their sister property, the 5-star Villa Olmi at no additional cost.

However, my family and children were so taken with the quaintness and beauty of the hotel that we returned to have our meals there for 3 of our 6 nights in Florence.

As such, I cannot comment on the rooms, but the service at the front desk was friendly and helpful.

I must however, give credit and praise to the restaurant, which served fantastic food. They were happy to make a special Milanese veal steak for my wife and pasta dishes for my children which were not in the menu. Aldo, our waiter for those 3 nights was absolutely the best waiter in Italy! Always smiling, always accommodating. He also knew his wines well and always recommended good-value but excellent wines. The last night we were there, he and another waiter were 2 staff down, yet he managed a nearly full restaurant with ease and smiles. Aldo, kudos to you! Your service was so much better than the 1 Michelin star Osteria di Passignano!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank DC3_10
mulinofirenze, Direttore at Hotel Mulino di Firenze, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2011

Dear Guest it's a big satisfaction to receive such a beautiful reviews from guests that did not sleep in our Hotel.
Unfortunately the problem with your room made us unable to give you the stay you deserved so the best thing we could do was to give u a better solution reserving a room in our 5 star sister Hotel.

Aldo and the staff thank you too for the beautiful words spended and we really hope to have you as guest of our Hotel maybe in the future...this time at the Mulino di Firenze!
Regards

Reviewed 14 June 2011

We choose this hotel for our honeymoon - Everything was wonderful, our room (no jacuzzi), the pool (when it was full )the food and the waiting staff are the best I have ever come across. However the sauna will cost you an additional £25 per hour which is free in most other hotels, the reception staff struggle with simple tasks such as booking you onto or cancelling your seat on the shuttle bus.
But most upsetting was that when we arrived home we received an email stating they had made a mistake with our bill, we asked for evidence of this before we would pay, but they have ignored our request and taken the money without our permission.
I suggest anyone who has stayed should check there account details carefully.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
13  Thank katieedwards75
mulinofirenze, Direttore at Hotel Mulino di Firenze, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2011

Dear Sir,
We have been very surprised about your review. I have trace your reservation and you have been charged after your departure for a night which by mistake was not on the bill (it means that on departure a night less was charged).
The jacuzzi was checked few times and worked perfectly, the maintainence department informed that probably was not set at a proper level to start.
I am very upset if anything happened for the free shuttle service, no one has ever stated problem for that service which we provide daily and last the swimming pool was full the day after your arrival.
I understand your position and I apologize if your stay was not what you expected.

Best regards.
Giancarlo Carniani
Manager

Reviewed 13 June 2011

The hotel was really first class. We had a roomy junior suite for four, with a gorgeous view over the Arno River and into the Tuscan countryside. Dinner and breakfast at the restaurant were the best in our 10-day stay in Italy. The hotel is a ways out in the countryside (15 minutes at least from downtown Florence), and the crisp country air, the river with swallows at sunset, and a short walk to the nearby village were enchanting. We were very lucky to book the hotel at half-price because we booked our room when it first opened, but I would definitely consider going back even at full-price if we return to Italy.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Stephen_ArlingtonVA
Reviewed 13 June 2011

this was a perfect place to unwind after a day of sight seeing.a great location with great atmosphere.clean,quite,friendly and accomadating.staff were very helpful through out our stay.the only problem we had was the bus schedules.we could not find where to get the bus from the city .there sould be better help in information for the patrons who are staying later in the city to get back to the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank owls76
Reviewed 11 June 2011

We stayed 2 nights at Mulino in May. It is a very attractive and comfortable hotel on the outskirts of Florence. The rooms were large and comfortable. The sitting areas around the bar were very nice with artifacts from the mill that used to be there. The restaurant was small but the food was very good. One night I had the special of the day - ravioli stuffed with asparagus and chees and covered in a white sauce - it was simply amazing - the best ravioi I have ever had! The complementary breakfast had many choices,including eggs and bacon and pastries and fruit and etc., etc., etc. The hotel is a little out of the way but the free shuttle service was more than adequate.
Overall, it was very enjoyable stay and when we return to Florence we will stay longer at Mulino di Firenze.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends