““Awesome””

Hotel Mulino di Firenze
Ranked #27 of 411 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We absolutely loved this hotel!!! It is so beautiful, inside and out. The staff were so amazing, so friendly and so helpful. We stayed in Venice and Rome also and this was by far the best hotel and the best hotel staff! It is very peaceful and quiet, located right on the river and away from the busy city. The jacuzzi bath was amazing and the decor of the hotel is so great! One complaint is that if you take public transportation like everyone does in Florence you will have to walk 10-20 mins from the bus station to get to the hotel unless you take a taxi....the hotel was perfect!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank liz p
mulinofirenze, Direttore at Hotel Mulino di Firenze, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Dear Liz P,

I am glad to know You had a pleasant stay at the Mulino!

I think that being not very close to the city centre is a good peculiarity: instead of earing the bus noise in the street, You can ear the river and birds singing when You open the windows...
and for connection You can Always use our complimentary shuttle bus!

All the Staff of the Mulino, and me too, wish to thank You for Your nice words of appreciation, we all await to welcome You again!

Kind regards

Write a ReviewReviews (1,139)

Reviewed 6 May 2014

After hours of research on trip advisor, I booked this hotel on the outskirts of Florence. We were not disappointed at all, the room was beautiful...a lovely bathroom with jacuzzi, the restaurant was so inviting with sensational food along with amazing views over the river. The service was amazing, thank you so much to Aldo who gave us some great suggestions as to what to go and see while we were staying in Florence, and also helped us plan the rest of our trip through Tuscany. Some reviews said that this was a bit far out but was only a 10 minute taxi ride (about 20 Euro) and it was worth it for the peace & quiet. The hotel have free bikes as well and we rode them in, about as far as the shuttle bus takes you (an easy ride, took about 10 minutes), we thought the location was perfect! We had French doors opening onto a beautiful courtyard overlooking the river and we could hear the water rushing past. There is nothing that we can fault about this place, a wonderful experience in Florence!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Murray64_13
mulinofirenze, Direttore at Hotel Mulino di Firenze, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear Murray64,

So nice to hear Your word of appreciation about the Mulino!

In our restaurant Il Grano D'Oro everything is cooked with passion, so all the Staff would like to thank You for Your nice words, and moreover Aldo from the front-desk that remember You and asked to to let him know how Your vacations is going and if You enjoyed his tips and suggestions!

I hope to welcome You again very soon here by the river at the Mulino!

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 3 May 2014

We stayed here in a triple for two nights (209 I believe??). King bed and rollaway for the dd. Room was a very spacious corner one with partial views of river. One side of the room was also off a small road; the other part overlooked the courtyard and the Arno. When you opened the windows it was fairly noisy--but the windows were nicely soundproofed; barely a blip once shuttered. Complimentary minibar and fruit basket upon arrival. Free parking and breakfast. The bath was large with a huge jetted tub. Marble throughout. The hotel was clean and service excellent. It is a tastefully decorated hotel with antiques and just all around nice touches of understated luxury. We ate at the restaurant our first evening, which was delicious. Prices were not extortionate. The views over the Arno while dining were gorgeous. They have a shuttle service into Florence but we chose to drive into town. I liked being outside of Florence. For first time visitors, they might prefer to be central for a few days then escape here. We've visited Florence before so it was pleasant to be away from the city. A dry sauna and hammam are also on the premises for relaxation. The pool was not yet opened. I would definitely return even though I always got turned around in the hallways!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Tracy S

Dear Chloderos,

Thank You for Your kind review, it will be very useful for other travellers that are thinking about Mulino for their stay in Florence, as You nicely detailed all the services we provide, except one: bikes to rent for free!

But more those services... the attention paid to build up and furnish the Mulino to make it comfortable is the same that the Staff use everyday to help our Guests have a nice stay and enjoy the best of Florence.

So let me know when You will come back to visit us, I will be glad to welcome You again at the Mulino!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 25 April 2014

I have to admit, once my husband and I got out of the taxi and walked over to see the river and the countryside.....we cried! Not only is the river picture perfect, the hotel's interior is absolutely stunning!! Most beautiful architecture! Antiques and furnishings are amazing! Room was very clean and bed very comfortable. Restaurant was very good. Although first morning we went for coffee and had terrible service....management was sure to make up for it and went OVER AND ABOVE to compensate for our inconvience with not only a bottle of Prosecco and snacks left for us in our room....but complimentary wine and Limoncello at dinner! The drive up to this hotel is exciting with the high stone walls leading up to the dream like surroundings. JUST GORGEOUS. of everywhere we stayed all over Italy, I would go back here. They seem to be adding onto the hotel....a bit of construction.....can't wait to see!!! We will be back! Such a dream come true. Thank you, Mulino Di Firenze! Exceptional!!!!

Room Tip: Get a room with a view of the river. Even if it's the few rooms as you enter in the courtyard...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank TreeCim

Dear TreeCim,

Thank You for Your kind comment, I am so glad to read Your enthusiastic words of appreciation about Mulino!
I would like to inform You that the new construction You mentioned is for our brand new swimming pool, that will be ready within 2 weeks.
So it will be a pleasure for all the staff welcome You again to enjoy Florence, the Mulino and relax by the pool in the warmest days or just at the end of Your sightseeing tours into town!

Kindest regards

Reviewed 24 April 2014

This was booked for me as a birthday surprise. We stayed in a beautiful room overlooking the river with fabulous artwork throughout the building. The room was very clean and shower was good, our bath had a jacuzzi option which was very useful after walking around Florence all day. We also had a fridge in the room with complimentary soft drinks which was very welcome, we stayed in a superior room. We stayed two nights and found the shuttle service excellent for our needs, the breakfast and dinner was really good, tasty food as you would expect in Italy. Staff were very friendly from reception to waiters and the barman who made me a great cocktail.
If I had to pick one thing it would be that there were no tea/coffee facilities in the room which was unusual but apart from that would recommend it, being slightly out of town made it better for us as nice and quiet at night.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Maggie176

Dear Maggie176,

I would like to thank You for Your kind comment.

Thinking on the way people get comfortable there is plenty of choice... But I think that everybody love a great working shower or a relaxing dip in Jacuzzi bathtub, to well start the morning or relax at the end of a day of sightseeing!

Regarding coffee and tea facilities in the room... if we would provide it, You would miss the chance to meet our nice staff and enjoy the bar area by the river... and this would make Your Mulino's stay a less special experience.

In this way we hope to welcome You again at the Mulino to enjoy coffee with the river sound!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

This hotel was very good but is a little out of town centre. The hotel offers a shuttle bus but I found these were not enough, as only offered at 9.00 and 10.00am in the morning and 2 pick ups in arvo at 5.30 and 6.30pm. I think the lack of further times detracts from staying here, as its a long walk from town if you want to come back during the day or if you want to stay in for dinner.

The hotel did offer a good selection for the breakfast buffet and a nice touch was that they made your coffee/tea made fresh after you sat down. This is far better than pots of hot coffee sitting in an urn.

The hotel also has free bicycles you can us, but beware Italian drivers don't follow road rules and found bike riding a chore. Though there is a dirt path near the hotel that runs along the river that you could ride on to get almost into town.

The only other issues we had was that they advertise and show pictures of a pool but we only found out on arrival that this was not available as not cleaned and ready until May, as they don't heat.

We were sick whilst staying here and asked for a pot of hot water and slice of lemon so we could drink in our room without infecting others. They wanted to charge me $9 euros for a pot of hot water which is ridiculous but after I complained they were happy to waive the fee.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank pawstevenson
mulinofirenze, Direttore at Hotel Mulino di Firenze, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Dear Pawsteven,

I wish to thank You for Your kind comment, I am glad to know that Your enjoyed Your stay with us, especially the breakfast that I think is the moment that can change Your day from "nice" to "special"!

I would like to inform You, and other travellers that are thinking to come to the Mulino too, that to get to Florence by bike there is a large bicycle path for almost all the ride, except of the first Kilometer. The front-desk Staff will be always happy to give You this and many other tips!

I am glad You talked about room service: at the Mulino You can ask for food/drinks to be served in the room. This service has an additional cost of Euro 9,00, but if You do not agree with the price You can always choose to enjoy Your drinks at the bar or garden area with no extra charge!

The next time we will have the pleasure to welcome You at the Mulino You will find our brand-new swimming pool open!

Kindest regards

Reviewed 13 April 2014

My husband and I spent two nights at Hotel Mulino di Firenze toward the end of March. We were both surprised and pleased upon checking in that we had been upgraded from a standard room with no view to a nice large room with a partial view of the Arno River. The room was spacious and well appointed with antique furnishings and artwork. Although the pool had been drained and wasn't much to look at, the beautiful river made up for it. The hotel is about 15 minutes from the city center, however, one can catch the bus (about a 5 minute walk from the hotel) for 2 euros (1.50 if you buy it in advance), which makes many stops in the heart of the city. My husband and I found it refreshing to be away from the hustle and bustle of the city, especially after just leaving Rome. From the helpful front desk attendants to the friendly bar and restaurant staff, everyone at Hotel Mulino di Firenze was wonderful! If you're looking for a nice getaway with your significant other or maybe even your friends, I would highly recommend Hotel Mulino di Firenze.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Gapgrl9901

Dear Gapgrl990,

Thank You for Your words of appreciation, I am glad to read that You carry with You good memories of Your stay in Florence and with us!

It will be a pleasure for me and all the Staff of the Mulino to welcome You again for Your next trip to Florence,

Kind regards