“Terrible abusive waiter”

Ennis, Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Terrible abusive waiter”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

The atmosphere was fantastic and we were having a great saturday night and while walking from the bathroom i was explaining to my friend how the italian language was stupid with all its verbs. This waiter (obviously misunderstanding my english) started to verbally abuse me and I have never been treated so horribly in my life. I will never go back there which is a shame.

Visited March 2014
2 Thank Natalie434

• Greek first
Newcastle, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 150 helpful votes
“Live music, Italian hipster bar”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

This was such a cool bar. Do they have hipsters in Italy? This is where they'd hang out. It was quite busy on a Tuesday night, with a very mixed crowd of trendy young and middle aged/older folks listening to some young guys play guitar and sing pop songs in Italian. It was completely delightful. Lots of random chairs and couches, but also a big standing crowd. It's a bit small and cramped but get to know your neighbors. If you're lucky like me, the person sitting near you might have a dog you can snuggle! One of the best parts about Italy is they more freely allow dogs in public establishments. We were here late, and missed aperitivo, but I know we'll check it out again next time we come back to the city. Such a cool, almost coffeehouse-like vibe.

Visited February 2014
2 Thank Meredith B
Wisconsin
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Good drinks, free food, snotty waiter”
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Loved the atmosphere and drinks. Nice selection of olives, chips, etc. for free. Our waiter was just not nice. Did not make us feel welcome. So, I can't give it a great rating. We are Americans over 50 so we are not their target patron, but still - our money is good and we are very fun loving!

Visited January 2014
2 Thank llamenda
Charlotte, North Carolina
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great Place to Have a Coffee or Drink Outdoors in Florence”
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Volume was recommended to us by our Florentine host, who said this was often frequented by the locals of Florence. We decided to check it out and it is a wonderful little place in a large piazza with a lot of alfresco dining. They offer small plates and sweet or savory crepes, as well as cocktails, wine, and coffee. Essentially it is a little bar.coffee shop with a quaint decor and atmosphere. It is a perfect place to relax and unwind after sightseeing, and to get away from the crowds of Piazza del Duomo. Definitely worth the scenic walk across the Ponte Vecchio.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Roberta T
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Lots of character, buzzing bar”
Reviewed 4 October 2013

I liked it here - buzzy atmosphere and cool decor. We had no problem with the staff, we got a round ordered quite easily from the waiter and the drinks came quickly. A glass of wine was 5euro and that included a small platter of olives, dips, crisps and a little bread... we also sneaked a few morsels from the bar where there are loads of other nibbles. I think this place is a bit of a crepe-lovers dream as they had a really long list of crepes available. Randomly a band took ages to set up and then played 2 songs, just 2. And then they stopped. I thought that was really strange, but maybe that's just me!

Visited October 2013