“We couldn't have seen so much without Walkabout!”

Walkabout Florence Tours
Book In Advance
US$107.82*
Tuscany in One Day Sightseeing Tour
US$117.41*
and up
Cooking Class and Lunch at a Tuscan Farmhouse with Local Market Tour from...
US$101.83*
Florence Vespa Tour: Tuscan Hills and Italian Cuisine
Ranked #1 of 359 Tours in Florence
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed 15 December 2013

While my husband and I like to do things on our own, we could have never seen and learned so much about Cinque Terre without the well-planned, well-paced, well-guided tour lead by Alex and Angel. Cinque Terre is a remarkable place - totally unique in its beauty and ambiance. You've got to go there, and this is the way.

Write a ReviewReviews (12,420)

Reviewed 12 December 2013

Alex was our guide for the 5 Terra hike and we had a wonderful time. He was so nice and so much fun! The hike was not a challenge, but we were sore after for a few days. You are mostly walking on uneven rock or dirt. You can do it in any shoe, but I would recommend a shoe with grips. The lunch provided was amazing. The time we had in each town was sufficient. I loved that you could do your own thing, yet all transport was provided and you were guided. They are a great company and I would recommend them to anyone.

1  Thank and832
Reviewed 12 December 2013

The Walkabout Cinque Terre Trek was amazing. My friend and I were staying in Florence and decided we had to do the CInque Terre trek. We took a bus from Florence to the Cinque Terre - it was a quick trip, and we even got to see some cool things during the bus trip over, including the mountains where the marble Michelangelo used to carve David.

Of course, the CInque Terre itself is absolutely beautiful. We saw some amazing sites on our trip through the five towns, and ate at an amazing restaurant overlooking the beautiful ocean. We had breaks along the way that allowed us time to explore, and we walked through a cave to get to a beach where we had the opportunity to go swimming. The people running the small shops in the towns are so friendly.

Freddie, our tour guide, is seriously one of the nicest, funniest, most helpful people I've met. He answered every question, was very accommodating, and kept us all entertained and educated. I really enjoyed the trek under his guidance.

Lastly, you get to meet some really great people who also signed up for the trek. We made friends with people our age, and others who were older and also on vacation like us. I still keep in touch with a couple people we met on the trip from all over the world.

I would do this trip again in a heartbeat!

Reviewed 11 December 2013

My wife and I went on the Cinque Terre trip with Angel and Freddie as our guides. They were both FANTASTIC. I really can't say enough good things about them or the tour. If you're in Florence, you owe it to yourself to take the Cinque Terre tour with walkabout.

1  Thank Chris B
Reviewed 11 December 2013

We took the bus from Florence and it worked out great. Alex was awesome from start to finish. We saw a lot of countryside by taking the bus and Alex explained all the small towns on the ride out to the Cinque Terra. The 5 towns are a sight to behold... some on the high cliffs and some along the rocky beach front with little harbors. Each town was a bit different and had a ton of character. The lunch was outstanding (and adventurous eating out of the norm!) and the walk along the mountain terrace path was not to be missed (need to be in fair shape since the walk goes up and down on uneven footing). The reward is getting to the next town where there is a chance to get into the water- The Mediterranean! Bering a towel to dry off, since there is still more towns ahead. By the time you are done, you relax on the bus ride back to Florence and marvel in all the beautiful sites you just had the good fortune to have seen. One of my favorite spots in Italy and I can understand why the Italians go to the coast for weekends and for their time off.