Riverbank Hostel Tintori
US$372
US$596
US$426
  • Breakfast included
Hilton Florence Metropole(Florence)(Great Value!)
US$156
US$198
US$306
US$274
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsstayed here for one nightgave us a mapminute walkduomoapartmentluggage
Reviewed 8 June 2011

We have confirmed booking 3 weeks before our arrival, and the hostel had already charged us part of the room price and service charge from our credit card. However, just 1 week before our arrival, while we're already on our trip, the hostel just send us an e-mail saying that our reservation had been cancelled ( without telling us why). What makes us more angry is that they ask us to get the charged money back ' at their hostel'. Therefore we have to get ourselves to the hostel for the money they took from us. I think the attitude is irresponsible and brings us many unnecessary trobules.

Room Tip: Please dont book room from they
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank tacoleg
Reviewed 9 March 2011

Well, the place is cheap (too cheap imho, but a friend made the reservation) and has good location. However - there were bed bugs (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bed_bug) in my bed! The night was ruined and now I hope that I did not get bed bugs with me to my home. Grrr!!! The low price of this place does not motivate this kind disguising problem, and to get rid of them once you get them with you is not a very trivial problem. Also please note that another reviewer pointed out the presence of bed bugs allready year 2010 . When I pointed out the problem regarding the bed bugs to the overseer of the hostel, she seemed to be surprised - this does not add up to me in view of the 2010 review, and I have strong doubts weather she was telling the truth.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
5  Thank Big-Bang
Reviewed 13 November 2010

We showed up at the exact time we said we would, but the overseer acted like he wasn't expecting anyone. He smoked like a chimney in the common room (so no one else used it) After some confusion we were settled into our modest accomomdations. Location was great (walking distance to everywhere), it was quiet. Service was poor (he never offered to show us around), kitchen was dirty, you were told not to flush toilet paper down the toilets or you would pay for repairs to their sewage treatment system. Towels not provided, but bed bugs were. Keep looking.

• Stayed: October 2010
2  Thank HavinSomeFun
Reviewed 31 October 2010

If you stay here, best to book the hostel part of it and not the apartment. There was not a hostel room available, so I stayed at the "apartment", which is not located in the same place as the hostel. The apartments don't have WIFI or towels, but they do have dishes and cooking supplies and are conveniently located. One of the apartments that I stayed at didn't have a roof for the living room part of it. It was located in a piazza. So better hope for good weather. Email ahead to make sure you don't stay at the one that doesn't have a roof. The owner was very nice, though.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 August 2010

I spent one night at this hostel and I wasn't impressed, to be honest. Although it is near Uffizi and Ponte Vecchio which is very beautiful at night, the hostel is quite far from S.M. Novella Station and you might have to take Bus 23 or Bus C2 to get there (some buses here are small, and not suitable for travelling with a big baggage). It is located on a small street that connects Lungarno delle Grazie and Corso dei Tintori. The sign of the hostel is so small that you can easily miss it and even local people haven't heard of the name. The hostel is run by one person, who I believe, is the owner of the place and there isn't a reception desk to do proper check-in/check-out. The room I stayed in was an ensuite, no air-con but with an electric fan. The bedroom was fine, large and clean as it had recently been refurbished, but the bathroom condition was rather poor. The sink was clogged, toilet seat was totally worn-out and there were no toilet rolls provided. I wanted to make a complaint to the hostel owner, but he was nowhere to be found. In the evening I saw many guests waiting with their luggage in the living room because they could not do the check-in. I know it was a budget accom and I should not have expected much, but this was unacceptable for me. I would rather pay more to stay at a nicer, better-managed hostel.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends