“Scam - beware!”

Ranked #210 of 211 Dessert in Florence
Neighbourhood: Uffizi
Neighbourhood: Uffizi
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Watch out for over priced ice cream! Better to go anywhere elsewhere than this place geared scam passing tourists.

Reviewed 4 June 2013

thoght it would be a nice idea...but it wasn't!paid a fortune dor an ice cream and a coffe that in italy shoul be good everywhere!far from here there are so many other places you could stop in Florence so please avoid this

Reviewed 5 May 2013

We walked in and ask for 2 scoops each in a cup. They picked the largest cup and packed them full. Charged us €20!!! Costs more than many of our meals. Someone needs to stand outside that shop and warn people about the ripoff!!

Reviewed 13 February 2013

In one night, I walked around the downtown of Firenze and going down the street to the hill Michallengelo. On the way to Ponte Vecchio, the gelateria is located on the right side. I just felt a pity about my last night in Firenze and wanted to make some better mood with my wife. So, I went in any gelateria and the gelateria was this shop.

First time, I request the clerk behind the bar smallest size. And I absolutely believe she didn't misunderstand what I said. And I chose one of gelato and she began to cram 4 scoop of gelato into the cone. I thought It would cost me around 3~4 Euro. but The price she asked me was 8 Euro.. It was my most terrible memory in Firenze and Italy. The shop should go bankrupt or at least everybody who read this mention never get scammed by the shop.

3  Thank cserpentina
Reviewed 5 June 2012

Ice cream was some of the best we have ever had in our one year in Italy. But beware - we wanted a cone with one small scoop 2.50 euro not too bad given its location. We were given a medium size cone called Grande and perhaps the equivalent of two scoops each. Then charged 32 euro! Really - nearly $40 USD for 4 ice cream cones. I agree with all the other reviews to the right this place is a rip off.